Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NoDQ.com > WWE > Daniel Bryan on Feuding with Punk, Cena and More
Posted by Steve Carrier on 01/06/2011 at 11:18 AM

- Slam Wrestling has an article up with WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan. Here are some of the highlights:

His match against John Cena years ago on WWE Velocity:
"It hasn't been brought up between the two of us, I haven't seen it in years. The match was almost scrapped. That was the night he was going to come out in an interview and do something with Brock Lesnar. He was doing this major, main event thing, so they (WWE's bookers) were saying, 'We don't want him in this Velocity match with an independent guy.' I thought it was a good match and it gets me excited because I know we both progressed in our careers and if we ever got to wrestle again it would be really good."

His move Cattle Mutilation:
"I didn't really believe the Cattle Mutilation would get over with the WWE Universe, and the reason why is because it's such a TV-oriented product. There are a lot of downfalls to it. (In the Cattle Mutilation) you can't see the other guy's face, and on top of that, it's very difficult to do it to big guys; I don't have long arms. For example Ezekiel Jackson -- he's an enormous guy -- there's no way I'd be able to hook my arms through his arms like that. It was more me -- no one mentioned anything to me about it. I'll occasionally throw the Cattle Mutilation out there in places where I think there's more of the independent fanbase, just as a tribute to them because they're the people who got me to where I am today."

Who he would like to feud with:
"CM Punk moved over to the Raw brand, so I'm actually hoping that me and him get to feud a little bit. We got to wrestle in the independents and we had some really good matches and I think the WWE Universe would be really excited about it."

"I'd love to wrestle Tyson Kidd. We tag teamed in New Japan Pro Wrestling back in 2003 and I think we even did a singles match in Budokan Hall in Japan.

http://nodq.com/wwe/296337415.shtml

·
Registered
573 Posts
I remember him talking about the Cena match on Velocity back in 2005. He said the pay day to job out to bigger guys on Velocity was hella good for the smaller, independent dudes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bryan vs Punk = Dream match for IWC XD?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Yes, place Kidd & DBryan in a tag match.

Against DH Smith & Ted DiBiase. LOL, no wait, someone with a little luster. Yoshi Tatsu would be alright. A face, y'know.

·
Registered
12,078 Posts
Yeah, I love it if Bryan/Punk feuded, that would be awesome. As well as a Bryan/Kidd which seems like it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
A feud with Punk was going to happen but because he go injured they had to scrap it, but hopefully they decide to do a feud between them, post Mania

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
^Yeah, I remember that. I was so excited, it definitely would have been epic. Hopefully they actually do bring that back.
It doesn't even need to be around the U.S. Title (if he would still have it)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Yes, place Kidd & DBryan in a tag match.

Against DH Smith & Ted DiBiase. LOL, no wait, someone with a little luster. Yoshi Tatsu would be alright. A face, y'know.
How about Mark Henry?:lmao The match these guys (DB and Henry vs. Ted and Kidd) had on Superstars earlier this evening had some pretty good moments between Bryan and Kidd, I'm really looking forward to a few 1 on 1 matches between these 2.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I would jizz in my pants if i get to see Cena/Bryan feud someday, this feud needs to happen once Bryan turns evil. Punk/Bryan sounds good too.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would love to see DB as heel in WWE eventually, but his size just hurts him way too much. Some of you need to check out his ROH heel stuff. He was such a cocky, arrogant bastard. Simply awesomeness!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
id rather he feuded with Punk tbh as he will never go over against Cena WWE would never let it happen .

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Nice read.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Tysonn kid vs Bryan feud would be good wrestlingwise i don't know about promo's though.
DB can handle the mic but Kid is just aweful.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Now that Punk controls Nexus, I believe we'll know who's the one who "owes" him something (Danielson) and maybe they'll have a little feud.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Interesting read, particularly the bit about Cattle Mutilation. I can see why he'd go against using it, and it's nice to hear that he wasn't just told to abandon it.

Either way, between him and the booking team, they've gotten the Lebell Lock over really well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've never seen his Indy work, so could someone explain to me what the Cattle Mutilation is? Has he used it at all since his return and I just didnt know what it was?

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
Dnaiel Bryan Vs Tyson Kidd United State Championship is almost a gaurantee and would be brilliant if they got PPV time, and maybe it might help Tyson Kidd progress as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts