Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now hold on this isnt a Daniel Bryan hate thread, (Bryan is gold) it's just to let you know, more of an observation.

Now first Daniel Bryan is a good wrestler, hes had some good matches out of the WWE, but since coming to the WWE I havent seen any personal 5 star matches from him. Especially this year alone as he's being fueding with Mark Henry and Big Show, his match with Kofi was average as well as his match agaisnt Punk, I still expected better and was given a squash agaisnt Sheamus at the biggest stage of them all.

Maybe I am expecting too much but in my eyes I am yet to see how well this guy can perform, I really hope his match with Sheamus at Extreme Rules can deliver, but I still feel we havent seen the best from Bryan yet.

Maybe its still early days and I am nit-picking.

·
-
7,495 Posts
Yea, the main reason is because he doesn't get lot of time for time his matches. His matches are always around 7-10 minutes. Give him around 20-30 mins and he'll give you a classic match.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Also, the only person he's had a match with in the last few months that can pull of a decent match is Punk - but when they had theirs they were tarnished by gimmicks of both them and Big Johnny and Ol' Teddy.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
A guy like Daniel Bryan wouldn't even be in the WWE if he wasn't a great in-ring talent. Perhaps you are expecting too much.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I can name like 20 guys on the roster who have never had 5 star matches. Bryan hasn't really been given the opportunity to shine. The man has tons of legit 5 star matches under his belt outside of WWE.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If your definition of "yet to have a good match" is "he hasn't put any 5-star matches on yet", then of course he's unlikely to have had any good matches yet.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I can name like 20 guys on the roster who have never had 5 star matches. Bryan hasn't really been given the opportunity to shine. The man has tons of legit 5 star matches under his belt outside of WWE.
That's a pretty small number, tbh.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
OP: his matches against Ziggler, Punk and Regal have all been good to great and his match against Jericho on NXT was very good as well.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
If you gave him a feud with CM Punk, not a few matches on Raw/SD to get the Laurinaitis/Long feud over, a PROPER feud over a title, then you'd get at least one five star match.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Did everyone forget the falls count anywhere triple threat match for the IC Championship he had with John Morrison and the Miz?

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,184 Posts
He's had plenty of good matches. If they'd have held off the Henry-Punk feud for WM and given it 15-20 mins, it would've been a classic.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
His match with Ziggler at Bragging Rights 2010 was tied with Undertaker vs HBK as match of the year by WWE.com.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I think OP means lack of a defining match in WWE. If that is meant, I agree, and blame current booking. He does the best with what he is given, but hasn't been given the ball yet. That is something most if not all of the new crop suffer. I'm talking from Kofi2006 to A Ry2011.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I thought even his match with The Miz after his return for the US title was great. None of his matches are bad. He just needs more time in the ring.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts