Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Actually he is the perfect guy for this story. He doesn't have the look the establishment wants to get behind which makes him..........anti-authority.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
While Bryan was injured, I was hoping ahead would not return as the anti-authority character he has been for the last 18 months. He doesn't have the personality or mic skills to pull it off and he'd be better off doing something else.
Bryan is fine on the mic, I don't understand the Bryan can't talk crap that the haters throw out. He's no Cm Punk on the mic but he's nowhere near as bad as his haters paint him as. On the anti-authority side of things. he's the only guy, I think, that fans will get behind when it comes to the authority. They don't give a crap really when its Cena or any other face. Bryan and the Authority go together like Austin/Mcmahon (but not as epic), you can throw HBK/HHH/Rock/Hogan into feuds with Mcmahon but its the one with Austin fans care about.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You actually make a good point. However, his injury really put a strain on bringing closure to his involvement in the authority feud. I think it would be a bad idea for him to return and get into another feud when his was cut short on his battle with the authority. Had he not been injured, I'm sure it would have ended last year and he'd progress to another feud.

60,006 Posts
Bryan's probably my favourite person out of the entire roster. I'm just bored of seeing him in this role for two years.
Honestly, get ready to get bored. If WWE thinks something works, and I think they like the Bryan/Steph dynamic, then they will run it into the ground and drain every last drop out of it. Bryan may be YES-ing against The Authority for a much longer time.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
After the fight at WM30, isn't HHH supposed to have some sort of respect for Daniel Bryan now?

That's how it worked in the old days. Heated rivalry, climactic match, mutual respect established.

What the fuck happened? WWE writers answer : "uh...nothing?"

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,118 Posts
Daniel Bryan isn't the problem, them putting him in this redundant awful storyline with Kane is the problem. I knew this was going to happen even back while he was injured. They don't like him and this is all they know to do with him to keep him relevant because they're morons. He would be better used wrestling against NXT call ups like Zayn and Neville in substantial feuds. No one wants to hear that because they want to force him into every main event. Well, this is what you're going to keep getting.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Honestly, get ready to get bored. If WWE thinks something works, and I think they like the Bryan/Steph dynamic, then they will run it into the ground and drain every last drop out of it. Bryan may be YES-ing against The Authority for a much longer time.
I think it run to WM 31, either with them standing over Bryan or Bryan winning the battle. If it's Reign's for the title and Bryan facing Lesnar in a non title match, with Rollin's cashing in on Reign's and Bryan beating Lesnar then I could see it ending with Reign's moving into Bryan's role. If it's Rollin's Cashing in on Bryan if he wins the title then expect it to go to Summerslam when he wins the title or HHH gets the win over him.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Daniel Bryan isn't the problem, them putting him in this redundant awful storyline with Kane is the problem. I knew this was going to happen even back while he was injured. They don't like him and this is all they know to do with him to keep him relevant because they're morons. He would be better used wrestling against NXT call ups like Zayn and Neville in substantial feuds. No one wants to hear that because they want to force him into every main event. Well, this is what you're going to keep getting.
Put you're most over guy in feuds with guys in NXT (even though I like those guys) is silly. They got to beat a few mid carders before they get a shot at the big guys. Once he beats Kane on Raw I think he move away from him and whatever happens at the Rumble if he loses or wins the next feud will come from that.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
WWE's writing is appalling at times but i can't see a problem here.

If OP's point is to say that The Authority gimmick and storylines has run it's course then fine i think that is a valid opinion and I'm sure there are plenty of people would agree.

They are still here though and they are still the biggest heel faction on the roster and they are still trying to fuck over all the faces.

What is Bryan supposed to do? Come back and just not mention any of it?

As long as The Authority is still doing what they are doing then Bryan has to be their biggest enemy.

He was involved in the biggest storyline of last year with them, he ultimately triumphed against them and they've fucked him over more times than anybody else combined.

Why the fuck would some of you people want to see him face guys from NXT or guys in the midcard in matches that have no story behind them rather than see him doing his thing on the big stage?

Bryans back-catalog is full of these types of matches if you care to look for them. He's a legitimate star now though and the No.1 babyface on the roster in terms of crowd response.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WWE's writing is appalling at times but i can't see a problem here.

If OP's point is to say that The Authority gimmick and storylines has run it's course then fine i think that is a valid opinion and I'm sure there are plenty of people would agree.

They are still here though and they are still the biggest heel faction on the roster and they are still trying to fuck over all the faces.

What is Bryan supposed to do? Come back and just not mention any of it?

As long as The Authority is still doing what they are doing then Bryan has to be their biggest enemy.

He was involved in the biggest storyline of last year with them, he ultimately triumphed against them and they've fucked him over more times than anybody else combined.

Why the fuck would some of you people want to see him face guys from NXT or guys in the midcard in matches that have no story behind them rather than see him doing his thing on the big stage?

Bryans back-catalog is full of these types of matches if you care to look for them. He's a legitimate star now though and the No.1 babyface on the roster in terms of crowd response.
There are still decent heels unassociated with The Authority, eg Rusev & Wyatt etc.

But yeah, it goes without saying, the authority angle needs to end.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Bryan along with Ziggler and Ambrose are perfect characters for the anti-authority storyline because they have been held down by the machine for years from being main event stars. It's Cena and Reigns that really makes no sense being anti-authority(especially Cena).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
His mic skills are just fine. So is his personality. Time to update the anti-Bryan talking points, OP.
Pretty much this. As long as there is The Authority.....Cena, Bryan, Reigns, and Ziggler will be there to stop them. I think Bryan hates The Authority way more than Cena and would have sacrificed Edge for the better of the WWE roster and community. YYYYYYYYYES! YES! YES!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts