Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,155 Posts
Funny how people here attack the OP for being a Daniel Bryan hater but they sound like Bryan marks for ignoring OPs point, or maybe they aren't so smart to comprehend such an easy point he's trying to make.
If you make your point in a stupid fashion your gonna get a stupid response tbf. Saying he felt Bryan would never be a #1 guy is fine. Trying to compare him to Rikishi was not.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Not many people are trying to debate the fact that Bryan will most likely not go down as one of the GOAT pro-wrestlers like Austin, Hogan, Rock or Cena.

People are trying to tell you that Rikishi was a real fucking dumb comparion. First off, Rikishi was never a #2 guy. #2 guys are like Bret, HBK. Rikishi is like a #4 guy. There were a LOT of #4 guys.
Bryan is a lot like Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit. A great wrestler who got mostly over from what he did in the ring - a relatable character by definition - the average guy out of the ring.

Had you used a different title - one that wasn't obviously used to seek attention and posts (or troll); say for example, "Daniel Bryan is the Eddie Guerrero of the PG Era" you wouldn't have gotten much backlash.

The fact you consider Rikishi a #2 guy makes it clear you have a warped view of what plateau these guys are at.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Look at the rumors for 2014....Ideas are being kicked around now for Bryan, and none of them include mid card Hell...thanks for playing.
Rumours are for 2014 also that Stone Cold will wrestle, we get Undertaker vs Cena and that Hulk Hogan will return to WWE but I think it's a bigger possibility to see the mentioned stuff than Daniel Bryan in main event:lol (and with main event I don't mean SmackDown feuds for the big gold midcard title, I mean Raw main event appearances)
It's great to read this rumours and I'm sure they planned something big with Bryan in the future but look at Nexus and Summer of Punk, WWE had big plans but it was all scrapped because of poor ratings

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
How many times do I have to put down that he has many many many years left in his career? for you guys to say that he won't ever amount to anything, how the fuck could you possibly say that? he's already won the title twice and has another long reign coming to him. He's done more than the average WWE superstar already, and you think he is a fucking mid carder like Fandango level? you have problems.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Over with the live crowds, but hardly puts asses in seats. Instead of being a fat guy who dances, he chants "YES YES YES" to get over with the casuals. Will be on the cusp of the main event in the long run, but will never be a legitimate star. Regardless of wrestling talent.
He is in the 3rd month of his first serious push in the main event. How in the fuck can you already make that claim when he's only just beginning to be pushed as a main eventer? In a year? 2 years? Sure. But this is clearly a post screaming of hating a talent that you don't want to succeed.

This isn't a knock on Bryan, but merely pointing out the obvious fact that Bryan will never be a main eventer. Hogan, Bret, HBK, Austin, Rock, Triple H, Cena, Batista, Orton... they all have an image that is associated with being a top "face of the company" star, one that can get over with the casual fans.
You realize people like you were saying stuff like this about two of the people you've mentioned in this part of your post? HBK and Bret Hart before they were pushed were not seen as talent that were main event players at all because they didn't have the size and "image" to be the face of the company and guess what? They proved everyone wrong.

Look at the 2nd tier of guys.. Rikishi, Foley, Jericho, Christian, Eddie, Benoit, Punk.. none of those had or have the "image" to make it as a top star like the above list.
Rikishi was never a full time main event player. He got one very short run in the main event scene and then faded into obscurity. Christian for most of his career was at most an upper midcarder. The rest of those names are pretty amazing names to be in company with. Foley, Jericho, Eddie, Benoit....all top tier level talent and some of the best wrestlers WWE has ever had. Punk has been a main event player for the past couple of years and is one of WWE's biggest stars of today and is well on his way to joining those list of names. If Bryan can "only" be as big as those names then he is in pretty amazing company and I'd consider that a success story.

So it's plain to see, image counts for a lot in WWE, and as such, Bryan will never be the true top babyface. I'm not a Bryan hater - far from it - just felt like I needed to disillusion some of you guys who are placing too much faith in Bryan, when he is evidently never going to top Cena (and probably not even Punk, either). He will probably hold the WWE title again, sure, maybe even twice, but he will never be as big as anyone in that first list of guys.
That's fucking bullshit. All I've ever seen from you is bash and bash Bryan for his size, his look, his "drawing capabilities" whatever the fuck that means considering his push is still in its infancy and it takes time to build a drawing star, his lack of charisma, mic skills etc. or whatever criticism you want to throw around Bryan. Using the "I'm not a hater" argument is just backtracking to try and not get any backlash from the Bryan fans on his forum. It's pure cowardice. Why don't you man the fuck up and just admit you don't like Bryan and see nothing in him. At least KO Bossy has the balls to not shy away what he thinks about Bryan and Bryan's marks.

What's even more hilarious is you saying all of this whilst wearing a David Flair avatar of all things which makes you even harder to take seriously.

Now I'm not one of the people saying Bryan is the next face of the company or whatever but this post just stinks of hate so as I said, it's time for you to man the fuck up and tell us how you really feel.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't hate Bryan at all. If you can't counter my argument, don't bother posting
You don't control the source and content of peoples arguements with you. People can and will say what THEY DAMN WELL PLEASE. Its there right, people do not owe you an explanation for there OPINION even if said opinion goes against the opinion you happen to claim to be your opinion at said time of giving said opinion.

As for me, i don't think you make much sense... Rikishi was never getting the pop that Bryan is getting, its not the casuals that love bryan its the HARDCORE!!!!! fans that do, the casuals is just the last piece of the puzzle baby.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
Might aswell say it now. In before lock, Like Oxi said you aren't even trying to mask your hate. This thread will just turn out like most hate threads, the title alone is almost close worthy.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
He probably won't be the face of the company, but I bet Bryan becomes a hall of famer in the future. He still has many great high caliber feuds to go...Many more titles to win.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Daniel Bryan may be the top guy now, but I still feel like they handled him poorly along the way and damaged his credibility. He's gotten big wins recently, but if you looked at him over the past year, the match up makes no sense. Cena has beaten the guy easily before, Kane typically carried the team in most matches, of course there is other stuff like him getting beat by Sheamus in 8 seconds at wrestlemania. When you add all that stuff up, it just makes it hard to believe the guy is a real champ. Daniel Bryan is great, but the "YES" and "NO" stuff is getting kinda stale by this point. It's really gonna suck 2 or 3 years from now when some crowds still use it.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Might aswell say it now. In before lock, Like Oxi said you aren't even trying to mask your hate. This thread will just turn out like most hate threads, the title alone is almost close worthy.
Because half of the people haven't even bothered to think about what the OP is trying to say and only said to themselves "LOL Rikishi has a fat ass! Bryan is no fatass!"

People who mentioned Benoit, HBK or Bret. He should first accomplish what they did, being in the main event for years like Bret and HBK and close a WrestleMania (add also Benoit to this accomplishment)

Hell, if you call him the new Bret, HBK or Benoit only because of the moves then Eugene was already the next Hogan, Rock and Austin

·
7,969 Posts
I'll address your points by saying that Rikishi and Bryan are absolutely nothing alike.

One was a 400lb fat man who finally found the right gimmick after half a decade of being in mid card purgatory whilst shrinking heads, and then trying to ween kids off drugs, and everybody likes seeing a fat man dance (well, they did back then in the ATTY-TOOD ERROR). His career pretty much died though after his heel turn.

The other is a phenomenally gifted performer who has managed to get over by his own accord, sheer determination, charisma, lack of size, work rate (oh noes not that word!) and connection with the crowd. Not to mention he's been in the company for a few years and the best is still yet to come.

Yeah, I can see how you can compare the two.
said it better than I could.

idk how you can say Bryan will NEVER be a main eventer when he's about to main event his third straight PPV and is clearly being viewed as a top guy right now. CENA is going for the secondary belt whilst Bryan is being the top WWE title scene babyface.

Seems like a ridiculous comparison looking to wind up Bryan marks more than anything. Otherwise why not mention someone like Foley, Jericho, Christian, Eddie, or Benoit?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.