Wrestling Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Daniel Bryan is a fake son of a bitch.

He can be in the main event when he doesn't leech off his own phoniness to make everything around him a cartoon.

All the other cruiserweights made it to the top because they know how to fight larger opponents without looking like a joke. Which is to say they didn't have "wait for the enemy to kneel and pretend to be unable to stop your little kicks" as part of their every-day moveset.

Some of us are still wrestling fans, not LARP-watchers. You can all go with the excuse that "it's fake" as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that this has always been the case.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
When, since the authority storyline started, has Steph actually let someone else really hold their own and actually own her in an argument? She berates and belittles the entire roster without any reason. In the end in the fans eyes it makes the other guys look worse, while she always comes out on top. That's why I really don't like her promos anymore. Not saying she can't cut a good promo, because she certainly can.

Reigns got quite a bit of indifference when he gave some of his promos. Fans still cheered him because he was positioned as a top face and all, but the promos do him no favors.

Bryan, who may have relatively simple promos, does them with a certain level of passion that is infectious, and only helps his reactions become even stronger. It was evident when he first came back, it was evident after fast lane. You can tell the fans care about what he says.
She's gone back and forth with Cena about the last 2 weeks and she's gotten the better of him in both occasions and again, she's nothing special when it comes to mic work. And how is Bryan not calling her a ho (his go to insult when it comes to Steph) not considered berating?

Bryans passion = Yelling and then following it up with the Yes chant to cap it off. That's been his promo work since the middle of last year. I can mute the TV when he's on the mic and still know exactly what he's saying which is the same with Cena the difference is when Cena actually wants to go a different route it blows him away because he's much more diverse. Reigns is the ultimate guy right now in terms of if they like you anything you say is cool regardless. Everyone knows him with the mic is cringe yet people like him so they let it slide. Rock called people popcorn farts and still got LOL's

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Daniel Bryan is a fake son of a bitch.

He can be in the main event when he doesn't leech off his own phoniness to make everything around him a cartoon.

All the other cruiserweights made it to the top because they know how to fight larger opponents without looking like a joke. Which is to say they didn't have "wait for the enemy to kneel and pretend to be unable to stop your little kicks" as part of their every-day moveset.

Some of us are still wrestling fans, not LARP-watchers. You can all go with the excuse that "it's fake" as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that this has always been the case.
That is a premise that I have been bringing up lately in different threads. The problem with wrestling today is that it lacks a sense of 'realism" to it. While DB may be a good work rate wrestler he is not a good old school style in ring technician such as a Jack Brisco or a Ricky Steamboat. Knowing a thousand choreographed moves does not equate to the natural flow that a match should feel like. I love the old NWA style technical matches but there is something lacking to DB matches and to be fair a lot of these indy wrestlers that seem to be pretending that they are a combination of a MMA fighter and acrobatic/gymnist type high flyer.

·
Registered
636 Posts
It doesn't change the fact the Brock wouldn't be there for 3/4 of the build though. You restructured the card, Im talking about changing Reigns and replacing it with Bryan. The hype would be video packages showing how dominate Lesnar is and Heyman telling Bryan how he can't beat Brock. It would still be the same build as you are getting now
No, it really would not. When Lesnar is there the WWE wouldn't be afraid to book Brock and Bryan in the ring together for fear of Bryan fucking up like they are with Reigns. WWE wouldn't put Reigns in the ring with Brock last week because they were afraid to do so. They wouldn't have those reservations with Bryan and that alone would make a Bryan/Brock build up better than Reigns/Brock.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Lashley v Lesnar doesn't sound any less brutal.
But Lashley can at least wrestle. It would at least be an awesome match.

Lesnar has a history of not liking to carry guys. He will not be a nice guy and go out of his way to make Reigns look strong like Bryan did. He will force Reigns to try to keep up with him, which Reigns can not do. Reigns will look weak, and fans will blame Vince.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
No, it really would not. When Lesnar is there the WWE wouldn't be afraid to book Brock and Bryan in the ring together for fear of Bryan fucking up like they are with Reigns. WWE wouldn't put Reigns in the ring with Brock last week because they were afraid to do so. They wouldn't have those reservations with Bryan and that alone would make a Bryan/Brock build up better than Reigns/Brock.
The only time this would have happened was last week. The week before brock wasn't there and the week before that brock walked out. Next week brock and reigns will be face to face. i think the feud would be hurting still. It would not be the minsi story of the show

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
What the fuck man?

Please, show me just one match, just one, with Lashley as one of the participants that had been better than Bryan/Reigns.
Lashley almost always puts on a great match. His issue has always been his lack of mic ability and charisma, not in ring performing.

Reigns can not wrestle, AND sucks on the mic.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
That is a premise that I have been bringing up lately in different threads. The problem with wrestling today is that it lacks a sense of 'realism" to it. While DB may be a good work rate wrestler he is not a good old school style in ring technician such as a Jack Brisco or a Ricky Steamboat. Knowing a thousand choreographed moves does not equate to the natural flow that a match should feel like. I love the old NWA style technical matches but there is something lacking to DB matches and to be fair a lot of these indy wrestlers that seem to be pretending that they are a combination of a MMA fighter and acrobatic/gymnist type high flyer.
I think this kind of hits the nail on the head. It seems like a lot of these guys are just copying the japanese and lucha libre styles, to a point where it just makes the match look unnatural and overly choreographed. I saw one match where Sami Zayn was wrist locked and kept doing these weird spins to the point where he was eventually out of it, even at times where he didn't have to spin lol. It looks like they add this stuff in just for the sake of adding it in.

As for DB, the guy is good, but not to the point where we have to see 100's of posts because he's not main eventing wrestlemania. I haven't watched the product much in the last year, but in almost every match DB just throw's the same type of kick over and over. Is this really what is considered the greatest thing ever?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Lashley almost always puts on a great match. His issue has always been his lack of mic ability and charisma, not in ring performing.

Reigns can not wrestle, AND sucks on the mic.
The fact that you can't name one match has proven my statement.

Thanks.

PD: Reigns > Lashley on the mic, too.

201 - 215 of 215 Posts