Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a trend i've noticed lately is the Bryan haters and their reasons for hating him. So they agree he's probably one of the best wrestlers, but apparently his mic work is completely based on one catchphrase.

TBH thats about the worst reason to hate on someone. Just because he has a catchphrase that got him over and also in the long run improved his mic skills doesn't mean anything. Cm Punk used his 'straight edge' lifestyle to get over as a heel, Jericho is currently using other people 'plagiarizing' him to get over as a heel, then whats wrong with Bryan using a catchphrase and a gimmick where he could go as far as killing his girlfriend just to keep his title? Also, i saw no one complaining last year when R-Truth got over just because of 'little jimmy'. Get over it, people use such little things to get over, but it doesn't mean they're not talented. If you've seen Bryan's recent work, you would realize he has the best mic skills on Smackdown and he's better then most superstars on Raw.

So basically, stop using the fact that he has an over catchphrase against him, because it actually only proves that he is talented enough to make something as lame as a 'Yes' chant get over.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It's not because of his catchphrase, it's because his mic work is dull as hell. Yeah, he's still better than most of the roster on the mic but when most of the roster are people like Brock Lesnar, Lord Tensai, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton and Kane, that's really not a point in his favor.

If you've seen Bryan's recent work, you would realize he has the best mic skills on Smackdown
He's not the best and that's not even debateable. Christian is soundly the best mic worker on SmackDown.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Will this thread end poorly?

YES! YES! YES! YES!

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
isn't all that a matter of personal opinion?

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
so a trend i've noticed lately is the Bryan haters and their reasons for hating him. So they agree he's probably one of the best wrestlers, but apparently his mic work is completely based on one catchphrase.
No, and you obviously haven't noticed enough. I personally don't dislike him for his catchphrase (although I'll admit I don't like it, and it's a poor mans ''what'' chant in my eyes) but I dislike him because of his boring mic-work and personality, and his stupid, over-the-top, unbelievable and unconvincing (especially at main-event level) character. I just can't take him seriously in the current role he's playing.

This is yet another failed thread at people trying understand why people don't like Bryan. Rather than trying so hard to convert the people who don't like him, why don't you accept the fact that not everyone's going to like the same things, and not everyone's going to jump on the grossly overrated bandwagon of Daniel Bryan.

·
Banned
561 Posts
No, and you obviously haven't noticed enough. I personally don't dislike him for his catchphrase (although I'll admit I don't like it, and it's a poor mans ''what'' chant in my eyes) but I dislike him because of his boring mic-work and personality, and his stupid, over-the-top, unbelievable and unconvincing (especially at main-event level) character. I just can't take him seriously in the current role he's playing.

This is yet another failed thread at people trying understand why people don't like Bryan. Rather than trying so hard to convert the people who don't like him, why don't you accept the fact that not everyone's going to like the same things, and not everyone's going to jump on the grossly overrated bandwagon of Daniel Bryan.
thank you

as for this thread

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Wrong.

The trend, as evidenced by Evolution's comments in the closed DB threads, is that DB marks are going to bash anyone who doesn't kiss DB's ass.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Honestly I can care less about mic work because im more of a wrestling quality guy so i feel bryan and orton are two of the better in ring workers despite their questionable mic skills. the only issue i have with bryan is that fans make him out to be the best wrestler that ever lived and that nobody touches him. Now i think he is a great wrestler and definetly in the top 3 but i dont think he blows everyone away. he blows a lot of people away but not everybody,

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ok....this needs to end.

I really don't care anymore why someone does or doesn't like Daniel Bryan. I know what I know, I see what I see, but at some point or another it is all relative. I've talked with some people who don't like him, and while I think some of their views are pretty out there, they have different standards that they don't think Bryan fits. Some of them actually bring up good points. Shocking. I know they're arguments backwards and forwards, they know my arguments backwards and forwards what are you gonna do? Start ANOTHER fucking thread? Yeah, trying to force people to like something on the internet. That's a good strategy.

Somebody close this thing down please.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
How about people let the mods decide what should or shouldn't be closed and just respond if you have something to add to the topic? Over the too with people thinking they know what should or shouldn't be a thread.

I've decided that I don't care why the haters don't like him, my only concern is what I like, which is everything about D-Bry!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.