Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt this made it to TV but during Dibiase's match with DB. There were Dibiase chants, but what really caught me off guard were some people giving some serious venom to the US Champion, shouting things "Asshole Bryan" and "You suck". They were very few, and probably Cole Miners.

Do you think hating Daniel Bryan is a sign of not knowing much about the wrestling business? Personally I'd take Bryan over Dibiase any day...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Actually I rather thought a lot of it was just people having fun with Bryan. Like people at ROH shows who booed him during his "heel run", only to start chanting "best in the world" halfway through the match. Odd crowd reactions seem to be a Bryan staple.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
I cant stand him. If he was in a Cruiserweight division wrestling guys of similar size - he'd be awesome. Pound for pound hes a very good wrestler, but I cant take him seriously AT ALL versus big, tall, strong guys. I know we have to suspend our disbelief with wrestling - but Daniel Bryan, Rey, Kaval and Evan bourne go past simply suspending your disbelief. Wrestling is supposed to be about 'larger than life athletes leaving you in awe' - not Daniel Bryan.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
No. Everything he did prior to coming to WWE means shit really. If he's boring to people, he's boring. End of story.
This. WWE fans don't watch ROH so why would it matter to them what he did there? It would be like saying you should like a football or basketball player because of what they did in high school.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I think he's great. He doesn't translate as well to the WWE as opposed to ROH, but he's still great to watch. I'd love to see them push a smaller guy, and give him the role as the unbeatable chauvinistic arrogant prick. Not sure if Vince will ever take skill over size in the ring, though.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
There's no hate for him. He's pretty much popular right now.

·
I Am The Liquor
3,075 Posts
I cant stand him. If he was in a Cruiserweight division wrestling guys of similar size - he'd be awesome. Pound for pound hes a very good wrestler, but I cant take him seriously AT ALL versus big, tall, strong guys. I know we have to suspend our disbelief with wrestling - but Daniel Bryan, Rey, Kaval and Evan bourne go past simply suspending your disbelief. Wrestling is supposed to be about 'larger than life athletes leaving you in awe' - not Daniel Bryan.
Wrestling is supposed to be about two (or more) guys "fighting" each other, trying their best to win. Size has nothing to do with it. I've seen people I know beat up guys twice their size on the street, so it's not very hard for me to believe that a smaller guy in a choreographed fight can beat a guy who is a foot taller and weighs 100lbs more. Just because someone is bigger, doesn't necessarily mean he should automatically beat someone smaller than him. If that was the case, The Great Khali would be champion forever. That doesn't bare thinking about.

·
Registered
428 Posts
:no: Great Khali says hello.

Rasslin fans say :flip

·
Y2J Mark 4 Life
1,459 Posts
Yo Dawg I heard you hate Daniel Bryan so we Put Daniel Bryan on tv So you can hate Daniel While you watch Daniel. Guys got it all in my opinion he's only been in the Big E for a little while not even half a year and already is wowing fans with his wrestling skill. More time on the Mic is needed.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I didnt hear any you suck chants and the only bryan chants i heard were the usual daniel bryan....daniel bryan throughout the match.
Weird thing abouthim to me is he gets zero pop on entrance but as soon as the match begins you get a daniel bryan chant all the way through lol Must be the theme.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Do you believe if they push Daniel Bryan the right way do you think he could be a future face of the company? I mean as many years as Orton and Cena had to go through to get where they are right now, could he be the future face of the company?

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Daniel Bryan is great too bad right now his wrestling the WWE originals..

I wanna see
Daniel vs CM Punk
Daniesl vs Kaval
Daniel vs Evan Bourne
Daniel vs William Regal
Daniel vs Alberto Del Rio

1 - 20 of 271 Posts