Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WindUp
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a massive Daniel Bryan fan, lets get that out there to begin with, love his ring ability, and his mic skills, he really makes me laugh some times.

But....

do you ever see him going on to be a multi wwe champion?

i have put multi in there, as it seems these days anyone can be a wwe champ.
but i just dont think he has the look, i think i agree with vince when he wants only big guys to be champions, compare daniel bryan to, sheamus, orton, triple h, them guys are tall and huge. yea if it was a real match with no pre planned out come, daniel bryan could take them all on, but do you think he really has what it takes to make it?

now, Tyler Reks, look at that guy, he obviously gonna make it and be massive.

what do you all think, daniel bryan, will he make it?

·
Registered
358 Posts
He'll be a respected mid-carder with one or two reigns as an underdog champion at some point, probably. I really doubt he'll get more than this and it's also fairly likely that he won't even manage it. Even Rey looks more credible size-wise than he does

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Hard to say. You couldnt build a company around him. You couldnt make him the face of the company. If they keep two world titles then no doubt he'll get at least two reigns. If they keep plans to unify all the titles i dont see him being able to break past everyone.

I dont like this if it wasnt scripted he could take them on. Alot of Bryans offense requires the other person to allow him to put moves on. Like sit on the floor for 10 seconds while he lines up a shin slap pass him your arm so he can put on the lebell lock. Duck so he can flip over you from the corner. If it was a real fight his record wouldnt be much different to what he's getting now.

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
Yes. It's rare to see any face get his name chanted these days however Daniel Bryan does just that by simply being an outstanding wrestler.

He has the wrestling skills. Mic skills? I'd say so, he impressed me a lot on NXT Season 1 and got big crowd reactions on WWE's C show... that's saying something.

Does he have the look? Absolutely not but neither do a lot of past champions. He deserves it for sure.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I don't know. It's clear as day that he is well valued in the WWE but it's also almost impossible to see what direction the industry wants to take in the future. Right now Daniel Bryan doesn't fit the mold of a WWE champion, but is that what WWE want's to break? Does the WWE want a "mold", or does the mold do more harm than good?

I really hope he is a future WWE champion, it would be like a Shawn Michaels Wrestlemania moment and a great day for wrestling.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
He'll probably win it at least once. He could always go the Sheamus route and suck up to HHH......

In all honesty though, they obviously have some big plans for him. He's being booked to look real strong. He is one of the only people on thier roster than can go out and have a match of the night with just about anybody. NXT season 1 was built around him. Plus, how many other people do they fire, and bring then back in 2 months because the fans are chanting thier names every night?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
the thing about what makes a superstar credible is not only his size, but his moveset. Daniel Bryan has a alot of that "in your face" offence, plus he has a very credible submission for a finisher. I can take daniel bryan and kaval more seriously than i do rey, because rey's moveset while very cool, does not always look that impactfull and somewhat smashmouth in your face like it should. DBD's moveset is also very technical which also benefits him alot...you think a guy his size can't take down a 300 pound guy in real life? Size is an advantage, it doesn't make you invincible, especialy in cases where people are trained fighters who are actually able to apply what they learned to real life situations... what i'm getting at is a guy can be small, but his moveset is what could contributes to his credibility...Rey's 619 might be cool, but it's not a realistic move for him to beat bigger guys where as the LeBell Lock(Omoplata crossface) can be applied to bigger opponents and realistically hurt them or make them tap...

Okay now to get back on topic, do i think he will be a world champion in WWE? Hard to say, his size and look might get in his way as a lot of people are of opinion, but if he gets over enough, then i could see it happening. It all depends on what Vince's feelings will be when the time comes around

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I dont like this if it wasnt scripted he could take them on. Alot of Bryans offense requires the other person to allow him to put moves on. Like sit on the floor for 10 seconds while he lines up a shin slap pass him your arm so he can put on the lebell lock. Duck so he can flip over you from the corner. If it was a real fight his record wouldnt be much different to what he's getting now.
You could say that about any move in prowrestling.

And Mysterio's 619 is the worst. Sometimes his opponent just falls down on the ropes and lays there without even suffering some kind of incapacitating move first. It's like, wtf?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts