Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as though there are a few folks out there that are just tired with Daniel Bryan. I'm a fan of his, so I'm fine with him just wrestling in the WWE. He has a very bright future, and he will be main eventing in his career in the WWE. However, I feel like they could use Derrick Bateman in an effort to give Daniel Bryan a story, or something to work with.

In the past on here I have read threads that suggested Daniel Bryan lose his MITB briefcase, and I have even read threads with people saying that Bryan should stop carrying the MITB briefcase. Yet, it was ok for everyone else to carry theirs. Right now I feel like I have a solid idea for these people. Granted Derrick Bateman isn't a huge name, but stealing Bryan's briefcase could be a start in familiarizing himself with the WWE Universe.

For one whole month the MITB briefcase would be missing. Until one day Derrick Bateman returns with it in his hands on the Peep Show. Christian weeks prior would be antagonizing Bryan about how if it were him, he would have never left the MITB Briefcase anywhere. Christian tells Bryan he blew it, and that Teddy Long should have another MITB match. Bateman comes out to tell the world that Bryan lied to him, and he was getting his revenge.

Derrick says that Bryan told him he would lead him to the WWE, and become successful. Bateman says that Bryan never came to see him while he was injured either. Derrick says he found a true friend in the WWE, and Christian looks all embarrassed. However, out comes Johnny Curtis to accept the compliment. Johnny says that he is Derricks best friend in "real life" not just on air. Curtis says that these two are going to take the tag team division by storm. Derrick says Johnny is his real friend, and was there when he needed him most. Backstage we see Daniel Bryan, and Teddy Long walking towards the ring as well.

Bryan comes out with Long, and tells Bateman that he agreed with Long that he wouldn't come down there, and snap all of their arms. So, since Bryan won't act like a savage beast breaking all their limbs he is willing to just let any one of them walk up there politely with his MITB Briefcase, and we all can go home. Bateman interrupts Bryan, and tells Long that he'll give this MITB briefcase up once he signs a contract, since Long let him go while he was injured. Long agrees, and says that Bateman holds the fate of his brands WM main event.

Christian then says that this MITB Briefcase is his because possession is 9/10 of the law. He rips it out of Derrick's hands, and runs out of the ring in to the crowd. Christian takes the MITB briefcase, and demands that he receive another title shot, and a ladder match for the MITB Briefcase. Long could book Christian vs Henry in a Cage match for the World title on Smackdown, and then give him a ladder match with Bryan at the next PPV for the MITB Briefcase.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
I'm surprised they haven't done Bryan vs Christian feud. Christian wants 1 more match, so he targets Bryans MITB briefcase. Right now they seem to be focusing on a stable of heels probably for Survivor series. I don't see WWE really doing anything with Bryan till after Survivor Series, but that is still a maybe as well.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I don't think Derrick Bateman has EVER even been named on Raw or SD. 0% chance, and as much as I like Bateman, rightfully so.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think Derrick Bateman has EVER even been named on Raw or SD. 0% chance, and as much as I like Bateman, rightfully so.
I realize the other two aren't much of a thing right now in the WWE Universe, but Bateman has history with Bryan for those who can summon up enough brain power to remember. Curtis is the odd man out, but I think he along with Bateman are a solid tag team for Smackdown. They could go over well as heels, and I think this story line brings that attention to them. The true mastermind behind all of this is Christian, and it continues his path towards yet another world title shot, but this time at WM. This also gives Bryan someone to go over on.

·
The Definition of Excellence
1,556 Posts
Its an interesting enough idea.. though, I always liked the idea of Bryan & Bateman as a tag team myself. The two always seemed to compliment each other. Plus if they kept with the little backstage segments they use to have on NXT... it would help get the both of 'em over relatively fast.

·
Banned
80 Posts
the only logical thing would be christian ad bryan feud
i really hope christian gets the briefcase from him

1 - 8 of 8 Posts