Votes: 16 10.0%
  • He will never get a title shot

Votes: 14 8.8%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way I've seen people talking about Daniel Bryan on here... I just want to see this poll.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I say he will get a decent reign as champion and based on how that works, he can go onto be a multiple time champion or go back to the mid-upper card. I'm pretty sure they will give him a chance they seem hella hot on him.

·
Registered
725 Posts
OP, you want to see a poll but didn't make one????? <<< NVM now...

FWIW, no, not right now or in the near future. he currently has an awkward ladies man gimmick that doesn't seem to fit him at all. I don't get how the gimmick connects with the audience in any way, shape or form.

He'd be better off just being the awesome wrestler that will fight anyone. And if they want to give him a lady, just give him one that has chemistry with him and that can talk for him.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
We had a poll about it a few days ago.

Anyway, my opinion is that it's an open case. He's booked well enough to become world champion, but in some cases, like John Morrison or Kofi Kingston (well, Kofi Kingston prior to a few months ago), they're booked well enough to be world champion, but they're just stuck in the midcard. They can beat the champion but they can't become the champion themselves. For what reason, I cannot imagine. WWE gives the title to people of various talents and weaknesses of ALL sorts, so it can't be a talent issue.

It's a good bet either way, but if he's gonna be world champion, something has GOT to happen with his entrance. The crowd is just DEAD. The crowd is in a weird place with Bryan, he gets his name chanted, and he gets people into his matches, but when he comes out, it's like Lance Storm is arriving, it doesn't fucking MATTER. I would hate to think that a stunning musical piece such as Ride Of The Valkyries is the cause of the problem but that just might be the case. It doesn't fit as a wrestling theme at all, despite how cool it is hearing it.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Has Bryan even lost a match since coming back at Summerslam?
- Lost to Tarver on the RAW after SummerSlam when Miz interfered
- Lost to Miz/Riley in a 3-way tag match on RAW
- Lost to Edge on RAW (decision was reversed by GM due to distraction though)
- Lost to Miz/Riley in a tag match on RAW before HIAC
- Beat Sheamus by DQ on RAW after HIAC but got obliterated in the match
- Lost to Sheamus the next week on RAW

I'd like to see Dragon as world champion one day. Despite what many may say, I think he's very believable as a world champ.

·
Registered
725 Posts
But... he's a better mic worker than any woman in the WWE. :confused:
I know, which is why when I typed that I was sort of laughing at the very thought of it.

Really, he just needs a women to stick by his side that gets him into fights with other guys.

You know, sort of like the, "My boyfriend is going to kick you ass you jerk" type deal. He's not always going to be looking for a fight, but he'll fight if his women wants him to.

Eventually, you could have one of them turn on each other, preferably Bryan ... because diva turns are essentially worthless now-a-days. Bryan, after a year or two with the Diva can just get fed up with her, maybe after he loses a title match she got him in, he can snap, slap her, hot the LaBell Lock on her.

A friend of theirs can come to her rescue, and then we have a Bryan heel turn and a new feud.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know, which is why when I typed that I was sort of laughing at the very thought of it.

Really, he just needs a women to stick by his side that gets him into fights with other guys.

You know, sort of like the, "My boyfriend is going to kick you ass you jerk" type deal. He's not always going to be looking for a fight, but he'll fight if his women wants him to.

Eventually, you could have one of them turn on each other, preferably Bryan ... because diva turns are essentially worthless now-a-days. Bryan, after a year or two with the Diva can just get fed up with her, maybe after he loses a title match she got him in, he can snap, slap her, hot the LaBell Lock on her.

A friend of theirs can come to her rescue, and then we have a Bryan heel turn and a new feud.
I dont think Daniel is that sort of guy, remember he's a "vegan, a nerd, does not own a TV, never been in a date in his life" He rejected the twins.

No I am not a Coleminer.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Bryan's a great in-ring performer. I've been watching WWE again (after not watching it at all for about 8 years) since the Raw after Hell in a Cell, and apart from the Sheamus squash matches, all of his matches have been good ones.

The problem is, for whatever reason, he just isn't getting a reaction from the crowd. Until WWE find some way of getting him over either as a face or heel, there's no way he's going to get anywhere near the title.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Give him some time, he'll be a multi time champ. Would love to see a heel turn in there somewhere too, maybe in a year or two.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Bryan's a great in-ring performer. I've been watching WWE again (after not watching it at all for about 8 years) since the Raw after Hell in a Cell, and apart from the Sheamus squash matches, all of his matches have been good ones.

The problem is, for whatever reason, he just isn't getting a reaction from the crowd. Until WWE find some way of getting him over either as a face or heel, there's no way he's going to get anywhere near the title.
He's getting a reaction during the matches. Clearly, I don't see how that can be denied. The problem is his entrance, and that's the main aspect of being over because the entrance is supposed to tell you how big of a deal the wrestler is. Daniel Bryan's entrance is too plain. The music doesn't fit as a wrestling theme even though it's fucking GREAT, he has no pyro or fireworks, no theme that makes you jump out of your seat, no pose, no nothing. He just.....walks. Something has to be changed, it's urgent.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I can see him getting at least one good solid reign, and then like someone mentioned earlier having a Jericho like career where he can go between the main event and mid card whenever creative want's him to.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
He's getting a reaction during the matches. Clearly, I don't see how that can be denied. The problem is his entrance, and that's the main aspect of being over because the entrance is supposed to tell you how big of a deal the wrestler is. Daniel Bryan's entrance is too plain. The music doesn't fit as a wrestling theme even though it's fucking GREAT, he has no pyro or fireworks, no theme that makes you jump out of your seat, no pose, no nothing. He just.....walks. Something has to be changed, it's urgent.
Having 30 seconds of mic time would also help. He's been US champ for 3 months, and he hasn't gotten mic time in a long, LONG time.

Just let him say some silly crap while walking down the ramp, telling his opponent he's gonna make him tap or some shit like that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
He will interrupt and challenge the Miz for the world Title next monday by reminding the Miz that he beat him twice. Miz will start the show with a big party untill Bryan Daniels arrives. Myabe facing him in the Mainevent or at the next PPV.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I agree with that too. For some reason, WWE is timid, or just unwilling to give any significant mic time to any face that isn't John Cena or Triple H. And this is probably a good reason why heels dominate this company SO fucking much, because they get character development. Even CM Punk, who got more mic time than anyone in the company when he turned heel, said ALMOST NOTHING as a face. It's ridiculous. Totally ridiculous. I understand that heels HAVE to be better on the mic than faces, it's just manditory, because it's their job to heat up the fued, but start making Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston and guys like that talk.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts