Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
What's the use of Bryan wrestling in WWE again? He will never be their top guy, he would be used to put Reigns over, and he knows it. Plus, Bryan wants to wrestle, not try carrying lumps of wood like Jinder or Reigns to semi-decent matches.

The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for WWE!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
So that means that WWE are his first choice to come back to. Looks like I've been proven right again (and the goons are wrong, as always).

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,617 Posts
So that means that WWE are his first choice to come back to. Looks like I've been proven right again (and the goons are wrong, as always).
Great Maths.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
He says that if he's cleared (the 25% chance) he's going there, which means that it entirely depends on WWE's end. I know Sweggeh did his little twisting to make it seem differently but it's still pretty simple
This.

By firmly placing the ball in WWE's court and not expressing a lack of interest in performing in WWE, he is clearly stating at least a moderate preference in remaining there if cleared to work. He is however fairly certain that if WWE doesn't clear him that he will perform somewhere. Sounds like he would prefer WWE to me. I don't think it's a bad decision either as WWE can protect him in ways that other promotions either can't or won't. If anything the fact that his position on if he will wrestle at all is softening is an indication that he is becoming wary of the potential risks involved.

I don't think it will matter in the long run because as much as people seem to think that his wrestling elsewhere will cause some sort of cataclysmic shift in the wrestling world the likelihood of that happening is very small. The WWE's devoted audience, especially in North America, is already larger than the devoted audience of other promotions like NJPW and ROH. Not to mention the significant overlap of such audiences. If there were any people who watch WWE and who were going to stop watching WWE because Bryan isn't wrestling they are already long gone. The major appeal is the opportunity to see him perform again, but after the first time a lot of the intrigue is gone. He will likely become another wrestler who has a high profile on the Indies and can make money, but he will never be as famous as he was during his WWE run(these other places just don't have the same level of exposure). It's a lot like CM Punk and MMA, there was a significant amount of interest to see him fight, but if/when the next fight happens, there won't be as much. It becomes a situation where to care you either have to be a fan of UFC or CM Punk to care. Bryan would be in a similar position after the initial intrigue you would have to either be a fan of ROH or NJPW or wherever he chooses to ply his trade or a fan of his directly for it to really pique your interest.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
I have already seen guys on this forum alone, stating that Jericho wrestling Omega at Wrestle Kingdom is drawing them to NJPW. Bryan would be another level again. I'm not saying it would be a huge shift, and NJPW would outdraw WWE. But Bryan moving to NJPW could bring a huge amount of Western viewers to NJPW. If so, NJPW would cater for them even more with more subtitles and more events having English commentary, and even more production value put into ppvs and the G1.

AJ Styles, Cody Rhodes, now Jericho and possibly Bryan could lead to something big. For example. Cesaro has said on numerous occasions he would love to be in a G1 Climax tournament. If the money is there, the schedule is better why wouldn't he move? There's a tipping point for some people who aren't getting a fair shake (not saying Cesaro isn't) can start making it big. I mean if Juice Robinson can make it, what happens if a Cesaro, or a Luke Harper move over if Bryan has made NJPW a very viable and accessible product.

·
Registered
9,281 Posts
Bryan will sign with the WWE if they want to let him wrestle. I don't think anyone reputable has ever contended otherwise. I think the contention comes in as to whether or not he will leave the WWE if they don't let him wrestle. I used to be of the opinion that they wouldn't let him wrestle, but that he might just accept another five-year deal to be a personality/have some role backstage. They really do not want him to go anywhere. What becomes interesting is if he really does have an itch to get back in there and reputable doctors are telling him that the WWE is keeping him out for other reasons.

I thought for a while that there was no chance. Then they had Angle wrestle and I thought that anything could happen. Then it looked like they were teasing a heel turn for him, which implies that he wouldn't, but then he said that stuff about them wanting him back, but they're worried about what people would think. It all sounds very veiled and euphemistic. Personally, I'm of the opinion that the WWE would love it if he didn't get the itch to get back in there and just got out of the spotlight. But provided that he wants to wrestle...man, I just can't see Bryan leaving and going to New Japan and/or CMLL. But it's also hard to see the WWE reversing their medical opinion (although it is years on).

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Hard to believe he makes a difference in NJPW or ROH when Jeff and Angle bigger stars didn't do much for TNA on Spike. While he could surely have great matches with Okada or Omega he's not going to take them to a new level.

But I'm interested now, this is the wrestling equivalent of BJ Penn coming back. If Bryan wants to get fucked up I'm here for it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If booked right, him wrestling a few matches could be great. Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk Wrestlemania 35....lol

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hard to believe he makes a difference in NJPW or ROH when Jeff and Angle bigger stars didn't do much for TNA on Spike. While he could surely have great matches with Okada or Omega he's not going to take them to a new level.

But I'm interested now, this is the wrestling equivalent of BJ Penn coming back. If Bryan wants to get fucked up I'm here for it.
Personally I think Bryan is bigger stars than both Jeff and Angle.
However, I don't know what type of difference you mean but first of all its a different time and company where wrestling fans have been considered to "evolved". I'm not saying Wrestling fans on a whole has improved. I'm saying a lot of hardcore fans have been dipping away from only viewing the WWE product. I mean New Japan gained a lot of western fans with the help of Omega who is a guy that is not known from WWE. Now we should judge NJPW success after this years WK with Jericho involved. It's only obvious if Jericho proves to do numbers for NJPW than obviously Bryan will most likely be that and 10 times more.

---

But To be honest as a separate post of what I just said. If Bryan was to be cleared I would want him in WWE before anywhere else. Bryan coming back as a wrestler would obviously be the hottest thing since his WM run. Then on top of that you add this talented roster. The history and element of connection he has with the wwe crowd is amazing.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I feel like that math isnt totally based on factual numeric data.

why 85% not 90% or 80%, and why is wrestling for wwe rounded up? 20% and not 21% or 19%?

think these numbers need reviewing, hopefully by someone with a background of numbers like Scott Steiner or failing that Daniel could provide his workings for marking.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,326 Posts
TNA had some mega stars but NJPW is putting on a better show. Since shows like this are no longer locked out due to the internet it would probably garner an uptick in viewers since the product itself is on the upswing.

Also Bryan staying in WWE wouldn't surprise me because it's where he got his big break, where a lot of his fans came from, his wife is on a show produced by WWE. Stop trying to imply that him wanting to stay with WWE somehow means WWE is da bestest11!! Or that he won't make money anywhere else, Bryan has always been about his fans.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts