Wrestling Forum banner

Should AEW Sign Danhausen?

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well, fairly certain he’s coming once his leg heals up. Even Billy Gunn is wearing the ass boys shirt.

I really like Danhausen. From what I know he started off as your generic, gritty hard hitting “small” Indy wrestler, but I feel like Orange Cassidy, he also quickly realized there was nothing setting him apart, so he came up with this persona, which is definitely a throwback. It also makes it rather refreshing to have quirky characters again.

Even now you spot many people wearing his shirts in AEW. Will he become a world champ? Probably not, will he be a midcard comedy act that can move lots of merch, like OC? I think that’s very likely. The strength of a character like Danhausen IS that he sees his ceiling AS a wrestler, but not as an entertainer. Would OC be as popular if he was just a focused wrestling nerd? No, he’s over because of character work. Danhausen will be the same.

He also seems genuinely liked by fans and wrestlers alike. It’s quite funny seeing his YouTube stuff and especially seeing a kayfabe master like MJF, biting his lip in order not to break character when Danhausen is talking to him.

·
Premium Member
Safe Space Invader
15,309 Posts
I just saw an interview where Danhausen was asked if he ever wrestled a gorilla. He paused and actually thought about it for a full two seconds before saying no. I appreciated the reflection and honesty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
He seems to print money. They should definitely sign him...

But I've been watching a few ROH matches and I'm not sure he has the best in ring ability. But his character seems to work so why not.

As a persona he is great... Can't see him pulling 5* matches though - but that's ok. Sign him up and watch the evilness flow.

·
Registered
107 Posts
His interviews are gold, I don't really consider him a wrestler, though. But he is really funny, really evil.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts