Wrestling Forum banner

Should AEW Sign Danhausen?

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
This is my concern also, Danhausen would work best in a tag team where he's the funny man and he's aligned with someone who is deadly serious about wrestling.

Think like Tajiri and Regal. Danhausen needs his Regal.
I always felt that Pac would eventually team with OC as a mismatched tag team but Danhausen and Pac would be better.

·
Fighting the feeling...
Service please!
2,713 Posts
They should give him a few appearances on Dark and Elivation to see if he get over with the live crowd. If he does hire him.
He's already over. Instantly recognisable to AEW fans . He'd struggle for sure in WWE but anywhere else he's giving printing monies for whichever company he represents.

I love his YouTube stuff and his social media stuff. He's a star in the making, all of his own and his small support team's backs.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm really kind of torn when it comes to Danhausen. I don't know where he fits in or what he's supposed to do. Like maybe just showing up with anybody and everybody trying to make money or something. I dunno. I'm not fully on board with his gimmick, but it's really weird seeing people that hate guys like OC, The Dark Order, or even The Bucks and Kenny being goofy saying they love him. It's really odd.

Like someone else here said, he's either going to be great, or he's going to be a major flop, there is no middle ground.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
22,689 Posts
It makes perfect sense that Cornette should like Danhausen.

Danhausen is a throwback to the old scary movie hosts that every local TV market seemed to have — Elvira, Zacherley, Svengoolie, etc.

Danhausen’s sense of humor and his commitment to the gimmick are like a nostalgia bomb for Cornette.

It doesn’t hurt that Cornette has probably never seen any of his matches, though. Danhausen can work, but some of his sillier spots might turn Cornette off (though Danhausen does stick to his own internal logic better than most these days, which may appease Cornette enough to see past the silliness).

5,155 Posts
AEW needs more evil. They need Danhausen.

Tony needs to make a counteroffer before A&W steals him away. I'd even watch Darkhausen if it had some Danhausen.

·
Premium Member
Safe Space Invader
15,309 Posts
It makes perfect sense that Cornette should like Danhausen.

Danhausen is a throwback to the old scary movie hosts that every local TV market seemed to have — Elvira, Zacherley, Svengoolie, etc.

Danhausen’s sense of humor and his commitment to the gimmick are like a nostalgia bomb for Cornette.

It doesn’t hurt that Cornette has probably never seen any of his matches, though. Danhausen can work, but some of his sillier spots might turn Cornette off (though Danhausen does stick to his own internal logic better than most these days, which may appease Cornette enough to see past the silliness).
Cornette has previously said he has purposely not watched any actual matches with Danhausen because he wants to keep liking him. He has mentioned the dedication to staying in character and the internal logic he uses as things he likes. Cornette also likes that he is honest with his motivation. He just wants money and power.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
22,689 Posts
Cornette has previously said he has purposely not watched any actual matches with Danhausen because he wants to keep liking him. He has mentioned the dedication to staying in character and the internal logic he uses as things he likes. Cornette also likes that he is honest with his motivation. He just wants money and power.
Yeah, doesn't surprise me one bit.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I've heard his name bounced around on these forums but I don't know who he is. Can't say.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts