Wrestling Forum banner

Dang, JR Just Destroyed Any Hopes for Rock vs Cena

9235 Views 95 Replies 61 Participants Last post by  The Hardcore Show
I knew it was a long shot, but the way Rock just kept ragging on Cena.... That's fued talk right there. I can't imagine it was all for nothing. BUT good ole JR just crushed those hopes on his blog today:

"Emailers...of which there have many many...Why is it that so many people think that it's going to be Rock vs. Cena at WM27 in a wrestling match? Rock has said publically that his in ring wrestling days are history. End of story. It was made clear Monday night that Rock was going to HOST Wrestlemania. Is it possible to see some sort of physical interaction in Atlanta's Georgia Dome between 'the Great One' and Cena? Of course, any thing is possible....except Rock wrestling in an official match but that doesn't mean that the potential for physicality doesn't exist. "

He goes on to say that he doesn't know what Rock's plans are after WM, and suggests that Rock's comment about never ever leaving the company means that he won't ever leave the WWE on an emotional level.

Whatever JR. You know, this is a business, and good businesses give the customers what they want. You should know that, JR.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

· Registered
2,569 Posts
Even if Rock did have it planned to wrestle Cena at mania. JR isnt exactly going to announce the match on his blog is he? Obviously he will deny it untill its mentioned. Besides. We could always see rock instate himself as Ref for Cenas match, or be in someones corner, or announce it. He will be involved in cenas match...might be vs, might be in some other capacity. either way JR wont announce it on his blog so really lookng there for answers is just begging to hit that proverbial brick wall.

· You want it all but you can't have it.
3,229 Posts
JR's swerving us.

In all seriousness, he is correct so it sucks to be honest. But, I wouldn't mind seeing The Rock laying the smackdown on someone at Wrestlemania...

· Banned
4,205 Posts
Rocks made it very clear he wont wrestle again, why would he? He doesnt need to.

Time to accept it, he will be back from time to time in the future im sure, but I dont see him having a match.

He will get inducted into HOF next WM in Miami, not have a match.

· Is a Snit Head
33,676 Posts
I didn't really expect him the Rock to wrestle when I first saw him announced as the host. But he literally cut a promo on Cena and I don't know why he would have done that if he was just going to be around during his match. And he insulted Cena when him and Cena are both faces. What is the Rock going to do, help the Miz?

We'll know after Sunday anyway. If Cena wins the Elimination Chamber match he'll be in the title match. But if he doesn't than you have the face of the company with no Wrestlemania match and a mega star that just talked trash about him...

· Sgt. Pepper
4,292 Posts
When are you people going to learn that JR lies about 90% of the time in his blog/tweets. He is a WWE employee, do you really think he is just going to come and say "YES, The Rock VS. John Cena at WM27 is going to happen...I promise you!"

It's JR's job to swerve us away from our thinking.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Let's say you get what you want...Cena vs Rock at WM 28 and apparently this board would want Cena to win like he's some kind of god or some shit. Then what? What happens to wrestling then? All interest will die on every level imaginable. All of the fans that claimed they would stop watching during the DX/Hornswoggle burials, the Super Cena shit, all of that nonsense. You don't get it...the Rock losing in his hometown to put over a guy that no one asked to be put on top in the first place? That's as bad, if not, WORSE than the Undertaker's streak being ended at this point.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
rock said hes had his last match.. respect it.

im going with that but i hope in the back of my mind he changes his mind but if i think about it there really isnt alot in it for him.
when it was rock vs hogan hogan had something to prove and he did it he got the crowd in his favour. rock basicly has nothing to prove. hes been to top and he could come back anytime and be the top guy again and cena would be his bitch if he wanted to.
in terms of matches there just isnt any angles there cus rock is to god-like now.

· Registered
554 Posts
J.R is not swerving anyone, The Rock will not wrestle again. If he was going to wrestle again it would be this year at WM, I am sure Vince would have asked if he will wrestle at least. Second best thing for Vince is The Rock hosting WM.

· Registered
6,512 Posts
Let's say you get what you want...Cena vs Rock at WM 28 and apparently this board would want Cena to win like he's some kind of god or some shit. Then what? What happens to wrestling then? All interest will die on every level imaginable. All of the fans that claimed they would stop watching during the DX/Hornswoggle burials, the Super Cena shit, all of that nonsense. You don't get it...the Rock losing in his hometown to put over a guy that no one asked to be put on top in the first place? That's as bad, if not, WORSE than the Undertaker's streak being ended at this point.
Conversely, what good does it do the company to have a part-time wrestler go over one of the only true draws they have? What happens to the WWE once The Rock is gone again and their top face has been beaten? That option makes even less sense to me.

· Registered
554 Posts
Conversely, what good does it do the company to have a part-time wrestler go over one of the only true draws they have? What happens to the WWE once The Rock is gone again and their top face has been beaten? That option makes even less sense to me.
Quoted for truth.

As much as I love The Rock, it would make no sense.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Here's an IDEA: Don't do the fucking match. Period. Cena is supposed to be a god in pro wrestling now and wrestling can't survive without John Cena and WM doesn't need Sting and the Rock shouldn't win this or that..well fuck it. Do that. Let Cena look unstoppable, like you want, and let's keep those buyrates and ratings down to the point of the wrestlers working so many international shows they get addicted to painkillers like Kurt Angle or roids like Benoit. Let's just keep up this Cena charade until everything collapses.

· Banned
6,072 Posts
I knew it was a long shot, but the way Rock just kept ragging on Cena.... That's fued talk right there. I can't imagine it was all for nothing. BUT good ole JR just crushed those hopes on his blog today:

"Emailers...of which there have many many...Why is it that so many people think that it's going to be Rock vs. Cena at WM27 in a wrestling match? Rock has said publically that his in ring wrestling days are history. End of story. It was made clear Monday night that Rock was going to HOST Wrestlemania. Is it possible to see some sort of physical interaction in Atlanta's Georgia Dome between 'the Great One' and Cena? Of course, any thing is possible....except Rock wrestling in an official match but that doesn't mean that the potential for physicality doesn't exist. "

He goes on to say that he doesn't know what Rock's plans are after WM, and suggests that Rock's comment about never ever leaving the company means that he won't ever leave the WWE on an emotional level.

Whatever JR. You know, this is a business, and good businesses give the customers what they want. You should know that, JR.
The Rock is injured, which is why he's stayed out from action scenes and wrestling matches.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.