Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see an official thread about dance music, so figured I'd start one up. This can be a place to talk about current or classic dance, EDM, house, trance, jungle, drum & bass, big room, trap, freestyle, electro & techno music and artists, DJs, etc.

Chris Lake, one of the top house DJs in the world, remixed Chromeo's single Juice and turned the already funky track into a dance banger.

Reactions: Nightrow

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Dance music was a big part of my childhood growing up in the 90's/early 2000's. There was so much variety/genres and great Dance tracks released worldwide back then that it just felt like an endless list of great songs. There really is so many songs I could post in this thread. Dance will always have a special place in my heart. I loved it so much.

I've posted too much but these bring back a lot of childhood memories for me. I'll post more songs in later posts. Great thread.

·
Registered
15,724 Posts

I've been jamming on this. At first I thought it was a bit weird, but then the the beat becomes so infectious as the track goes on. Funky as hell with modern influences, a little bit like Basement Jaxx.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Wow this thread got me thinking a lot about my teenage years OP,
Not sure if i should thank you or warn everyone on the dangers of drinking. (hindsight is a beautiful thing)

Some of the stuff i used to listen to holds up pretty well,
But some of it really does just sound like noise...
I understand what older people mean now :)

Good times indeed.

Ultrabeat- Pretty Green Eyes. One of the greatest songs ever, Still think that to this day.

Scooter- Nessja.

Scooter- Jumping all over the world.

Stunt - I'll be there.

Katie May - Your'e the only one. this was my girlfriend and i's song, We even used to talk about how this would be our first dance... I'm sure our families would have been so proud :D

So many i could suggest but these are just a few i still listen to now and i think hold up quite well even when sober,
Cheers for the memories OP,
and don't judge younger people reading this post.

Ultrabeat - Pretty green eyes Was a massive hit even with pop music fans in its day,
Its certainly worth a listen.

Reactions: december_blue

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
I like the thread idea @december_blue

Well @Nightrow did the damn thang with his epic list of dance videos. Many of those song were part of my childhood too.

THE song in 2017 that has infected me with the uncontrollable need to move my body when it hits is Lemon.

The beat and the choreography are just too damn fun!!! The lyrics rapped with so much confidence & with that Rihanna fuck it attitude. Combine this fire track with the dance moves is freedom physically expressed, and it highly uplifts my spirit.

I'm a big fan or "Heart" of Dawn Richard. She has been making some artistic records and music videos. Her style infuses dance, electronic, R&B and pop in a beautiful amalgamation striking soul. Dance steps are our actions throughout our lives and they are songs. The Heart Trilogy - Goldenheart; Blackheart; Redemption Heart - is Dawn's tumultuous journey as it is relative rise & fall, live & nearly die, survive & thrive kind of tale. @Callisto

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
From the Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack

"One day we will be reunited. But until then my spirit will always be with you. Go in peace, my brother." :mj2

Was also used in Hackers and Mean Girls.

From The 51st State/Formula 51 movie soundtrack

·
Premium Member
9,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's awesome hearing how dance music has influenced you guys!

Here's a new house banger from Gorgon City.

·
Premium Member
9,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you've got 45 minutes to spare, this is a really fun acid house DJ set from A Guy Called Gerald. Acid house is my jam.

One of my favorite dance records of 2017. It's got a bit of that late 80's to mid 90's piano house feel to it.

Reactions: juice4080

·
Premium Member
9,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is fun.

·
Premium Member
9,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great modern electronic music.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts