Wrestling Forum banner

Dana White: Would he be interested in running a Wrestling Promtion

893 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Rawlin
Im Just wondering if he would ever consider running a wrestling promotion of his own.. hes a great promotor and he knows what fans want
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· WF's Real Bad Guy
2,021 Posts
No.

It would undermine the perceived legitimacy of the UFC and Dana knows how difficult it is to compete with Vince/WWE
This

Although I've always wondered how a Zuffa backed promotion would do even if somebody outside of the UFC ran it. Although it ain't saying much I bet they would be in better position than a certain promotion in Orlando...:side:

· Registered
3,434 Posts
This

Although I've always wondered how a Zuffa backed promotion would do even if somebody outside of the UFC ran it. Although it ain't saying much I bet they would be in better position than a certain promotion in Orlando...:side:
I think it might be hard for them to crack the top, but if Zuffa were to launch a wrestling company it would probably be at least double as succesful as TNA, with more tendency towards the top. Although it would be possible to see if WWE could be taken over at this day and age.

· Registered
106 Posts
It'll never happen. There would be a backlash from UFC fans, guaranteed. Pro wrestling is not liked or well-respected by anyone except fans at this point. Even actual pro wrestlers almost always seem to prefer MMA over pro wrestling. I've never known any UFC/MMA fan outside of the internet who liked wrestling. They've all either hated it or not cared one way or another.

9,981 Posts
It'll never happen. There would be a backlash from UFC fans, guaranteed. Pro wrestling is not liked or well-respected by anyone except fans at this point. Even actual pro wrestlers almost always seem to prefer MMA over pro wrestling. I've never known any UFC/MMA fan outside of the internet who liked wrestling. They've all either hated it or not cared one way or another.
That's not true. A lot of MMA fans are just jaded with the current state of Pro Wrestling, and find MMA more exciting. Most MMA fans are former Pro Wrestling fans. A lot still "respect" the business, they just don't follow it. MMA fighters and fans respect what wrestlers do, and vice versa, for the most part.

The reasons you stated aren't the reasons Dana wont get into Pro Wrestling. It's simply NOT his field, and he definitely DOESN'T have time for it. From what I understand, Dana White and Vince McMahon have a good relationship.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
i have no idea why he would be interested in that, sitting at the top of the MMA world in a very comfy chair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.