Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This quote is from... it doesn't matter who it came from (you already know if you read the news). What matters is what it says about TNA and what they aren't doing.

If UFC is the greatest wrestling promotion in the world; why is TNA chasing ex-ECW, WCW, and WWF stars; why are they scouting indy wrestling; why did they switch to a WWF/WCW ring; and why is TNA working a diet-WWF wrestling style? Do they even care about making money or are they just out to hurt Vince McMahon's bottom line by the end of the decade?

When you are number three-- you don't emulate second place (especially when second place's PPV buys are dropping every year). TNA can sign Bill Goldberg and their PPV buys still will not increase. People don't want to see Bill Goldberg step into the squared circle; they want to see Bill Goldberg step into the cage, no matter how ugly the fight might be (Goldberg vs Slice).

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
According to Bischoff UFC isn't direct competition and there are no similarities between MMA and pro wrestling. He does consider TNA the #2 wrestling promotion.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
If it wasn't for Lesnar, I'm sure many fans would change their opinions on comparing wrestling and ufc.

UFC is closer to boxing than it is wrestling

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
yh bt wreslin aint reallll
Neither is boxing or Hollywood movies, and they pull in a shitload of cash every year.

Incidentally, for TNA's purposes, they have to consider UFC competition. They're both in the sports-entertainment business, just like Vinny Mac, and they need to quit fooling themselves that they aren't.

Actually, Dana gets it. It's just Bischoff who, apparently, doesn't.

Even so, the concept that Dana is the most successful is incredibly misleading, but he should feel free to stake a claim when he finally becomes a bonafide billionaire.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
i don't know what goes on in Wrestling fans mind but come on now stop with the ridiculous comparisons between wrestling and MMA. That is a real sport. Stop making it seem like Dana White is in the "Wrestling Biz" because he is not. He riding on a successful business but in no way shape or form have a damn thing to do with what wrestling in general is going through. Appreciation wrestling and stop kissing MMAs ass all the time.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
i don't know what goes on in Wrestling fans minds but come on now stop with the ridiculous comparisons between wrestling and MMA. That a real sport. Stop making it seem like Dana White is in the "Wrestling Biz" because he is not. He righting on a successful business but in no way shape or form have a damn thing to do with what wrestling in general is going through. Appreciation wrestling and stop kissing MMAs ass all the time.
Hi... just wondering if anyone can translate this into the Queen's English?

Thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Jesus, this argument never ceases to amaze me. WRESTLING IS FAKE. UFC IS REAL. Of course more people will spend money on a real sport than fake, pre-determined fighting. You can market wrestling like UFC all you want but at the end of the day, one is a sport and one isn't. I don't see why the Cornette's and the Meltzer's of the world don't get that. The people spending money on UFC PPV's won't spend that money on wrestling, no matter how it is promoted.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
If real MMA (Strikeforce) with the GOAT fighter can't compete with UFC then fake MMA in TNA will never have a chance. Give it up bro.

UFC's most popular American fighter is a former WWE champion and a product of the WWE's hype machine. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Neither is boxing or Hollywood movies, and they pull in a shitload of cash every year.

Incidentally, for TNA's purposes, they have to consider UFC competition. They're both in the sports-entertainment business, just like Vinny Mac, and they need to quit fooling themselves that they aren't.

Actually, Dana gets it. It's just Bischoff who, apparently, doesn't.

Even so, the concept that Dana is the most successful is incredibly misleading, but he should feel free to stake a claim when he finally becomes a bonafide billionaire.
Dude wtf... Boxing is definately real.

·
There are players and then there are pieces
5,052 Posts
UFC's most popular American fighter is a former WWE champion and a product of the WWE's hype machine. Sorry.
I don't remember Randy Couture being in the WWE?

Dana has said many times he doesn't want to compete with pro wrestling, he referred to mcmahon as a monster in the cable TV business.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Dude wtf... Boxing is definately real.
You feel free to use Google and come back to me on that; there's a HUGE history of fixed fights in pro boxing - a lot of big ones have been rigged in the past. Did you never wonder how that guy on top always seems to be really charismatic?

I'm not saying those guys didn't work at it and earn their spot at the top table, but they've all had a few questionable victories when they've got there.

Hell, even UFC has been hit with match-fixing scandals in the past. No sport is pure, sorry.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts

1) The notion that boxing isn't real is laughable.

2) Dana White isn't in the 'sports-entertainment' business in any form or fashion. Whichever way you define sports-entertainment, there's no way in hell the Ultimate Fighting Championship could be considered it. At best, The Ultimate Fighter (A tv show) can be considered sports entertainment in the mind of someone who's reaching at the idea, but even that would be inaccurate. That would be like saying the NFL is in the sports entertainment business because they have Hard Knocks. UFC is a sport. Dana White is in sports. Period.

That, along with Dana White being called the best pro wrestling promoter today, is all a contrived attempt to connect the very-popular UFC with a dying pro wrestling industry. That's all it is: cock sucking. Nobody, and I mean nobody considers MMA to be a form of pro wrestling except sycophants in the wrestling industry. I'm not saying there's not some obvious similarities at face value, UFC isn't a marketing threat to WWE, or that the fanbases don't overlap; I'm just saying it's not the same industry. It's comparing rats to squirrels.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts