Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UFC President Dana White revealed in a press conference over the weekend that current WWE Universal Champion "The Beast Incarnate" Brock Lesnar is technically under contract with the UFC promotion and still has a number of fights left on his contract. According to White, Lesnar simply needs to re-enter into the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) pool before he can have another fight for the UFC.

????

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if the UFC contract for his last fight was supposed to be for more than one and it got screwed up with his doping.

Or he could be referencing his original UFC contract that had to be cut short due to his diverticulitis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Interesting so that means the WWE has as its champion a UFC fighter. I see the marketer dream here from WWE offices.

Dana White and Vince working together I see possibly. Him showing up there last night to see his UFC fighters raise their stock.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Brock anv VKM was at each other's throats after WM 34's main event ended.. almost got into a scuffle before people intervened..

prolly went along the lines of "fuck you and your company!" cuz Brock was already signed to UFC!

shittttttt, then Brock threw the belt at VKM's face

·
Registered
879 Posts
It just means he cant fight for another MMA organisation. He can be in the WWE if he wants just like he could go do a movie if he wanted to.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
...well dana white was at mania which surprised me, I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they are working together to some extent over this.

·
Premium Member
12,965 Posts
I've worked 2 jobs before; i'm sure many of you have as well. What's the difference here? UFC is not a direct competitor so i'm sure there's no clause in his contract preventing him from competing in UFC events.

·
Registered
21,612 Posts
Okay, so how UFC contracts work if they sign you to multi-fight deals so you can't go work for the other MMA companies. Seeing as WWE allowed the deal, they probably have 1st refusal while he's under WWE contract. Then he negotiates a multi-fight deal with UFC, meaning Brock is under contract to them IF he ever decides to fight again.

Where as WWE contract usually cover a time span (and in Lesnar's case a per-date agreement.) So with WWE having first refusal, he could easily be under contract for both. With it looking like he will end up his contract in Saudi Arabia by losing the title there and then being free to return to the UFC post USADA ban, to complete however many of the fights he feels like.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
They showed UFC footage during Ronda Rousey's match. Clearly there is some working relationship between the WWE and UFC

Also, there's a pretty good chance that someone like Brock, who is a draw and gives zero fucks about being fair, can get exceptions worked into his contract. He's already had 1 UFC fight while under WWE contract.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I've worked 2 jobs before; i'm sure many of you have as well. What's the difference here? UFC is not a direct competitor so i'm sure there's no clause in his contract preventing him from competing in UFC events.
It's even simpler than that. He is an independent contractor who the WWE is allowing to get exposure in UFC because of how it has taken a chunk out of its audience.

WWE is allowing it. Just as they allow Cena to go do movies.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I saw that right after the UFC 223 event, He had said he still had and was under some form of contract to the UFC. I have also heard that Dana White plans to have him announced as the challenger to the winner of the superfight between Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic which would be a huge selling point for that pay per view

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
They showed UFC footage during Ronda Rousey's match. Clearly there is some working relationship between the WWE and UFC

Also, there's a pretty good chance that someone like Brock, who is a draw and gives zero fucks about being fair, can get exceptions worked into his contract. He's already had 1 UFC fight while under WWE contract.
Exactly. I saw that and then seeing Dana White I actually thought I would see something with Dana and Rousey or Dana and Brock.

That might have been too far if suggested to show Dana interacting with WWE characters though compromising UFC.

I really did think WWE was somehow trying to get Rousey and Dana in a shot together after her victory. I saw that was a missed opportunity and then I had suspicion it would be Brock and Dana later on in the main event.

Something they could flash in a video package without it looking like it was a work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts