Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dana Warrior took to Instagram to show a picture of her late husband Ultimate Warrior with his daughter oth the same day as his A&E documentary aired.

A fan asked Dana if she was also in the Dark Side Of The Ring episode as well about Ultimate Warrior. She told the fan "I had no part in that project. Smut and filth do note rise to my note."

I guess in her mind Dark Side is out to slander Ultimate Warrior legacy and name butttttt...sorry Dana, I tend to think Dark Side is gonna be more truthfully in their telling of Ultimate Warrior.

Lets not forget A&E WWE Legends is made in part with working with WWE so they'll twist the narrative to fit their agenda and theme.

Remember WWE said in their Ruthless Aggression doc that they changed WWF to WWE cause Vince thought it was time for a change and to reflect he's more into the entertainment aspect. Lol majority of the fans know the real true reason why cause other company called WWF with a panda as their logo sued WWF and they won.

So I tend to believe Dark Side will present a more truthful episode on Warrior.

Also Jim Cornette said on his podcast that A&E bumped up their Ultimate Warrior documentary to beat Dark Side to the punch but I couldn't find anything to support Jims claim on this

·
Registered
16,166 Posts
I guess in her mind Dark Side is out to slander Ultimate Warrior legacy and name butttttt...sorry Dana, I tend to think Dark Side is gonna be more truthfully in their telling of Ultimate Warrior.
[/URL]

Yeah because the guys at Dark Side obviously know her husband better than she does.

Conrad Thompson did podcast episodes with them. A lot of what goes into their documentaries is pure speculation based on 3rd hand accounts. It's funny that they refused to have Dave Meltzer on for lack of credibility when he's cut from the same cloth.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Yeah because the guys at Dark Side obviously know her husband better than she does.

Conrad Thompson did podcast episodes with them. A lot of what goes into their documentaries is pure speculation based on 3rd hand accounts. It's funny that they refused to have Dave Meltzer on for lack of credibility when he's cut from the same cloth.
Believing your husband is a good person doesn't make it true. She is obviously going to be biased towards him.

·
Registered
392 Posts
So who's the lead authority on Warrior being a good person or not?
I'm sure Warrior had many many good points. However he has written or gone on record with some horrific views. Thats not 3rd hand, thats HIM writing/saying things.

He wasnt the devil but he really did believe and say some horrible things that dont have a place in the world either then now or in the future.

·
Registered
583 Posts
So who's the lead authority on Warrior being a good person or not?
Everybody, in their own minds.

There's enough information out there from the man himself, that no amount of Warrior awards or rose-tinted glasses can change.
I'm sure he had positive qualities, almost everybody does - but I'm also sure he had some negatives too.

To each their own.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I would imagine that his wife would defend him. That being said, literally every shoot interview ever on him is about how bad of a person he is.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
See, here I was laughing at the commercials for the A&E one since it seems so forced trying to make him look like a good person since he apologized to WWE and got back in their graces before he died.

Also seemed like they were trying really hard to distract from the fact this was one of their own releases.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Then she should’ve went on to defend his honor.
Decent take.

Especially since despite the dark nature of the series and topics, this season feels like it's trying to end on lighter notes?
Brian Pillman's episode ended up as a celebration of his creativity and painting a bright future for Brian Pillman Jr.
Nick Gage's episode was painting a redemption story (although he said only time will tell but as of now seems to be cleaned up).
The Collision in Korea episode ended with talking about how electric things were when the crowd was behind Inoki and cheered like crazy and despite how hell that trip was there was still a glimmer of light in it.

For all we know tomorrow's episode might end talking about him rebuilding burned bridges and how he wanted to praise the backstage workers. (even if the Warrior Award didn't quite work out that way)

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
See, here I was laughing at the commercials for the A&E one since it seems so forced trying to make him look like a good person since he apologized to WWE and got back in their graces before he died.

Also seemed like they were trying really hard to distract from the fact this was one of their own releases.
I fucking love that, I have it on DVD and I'm never getting rid of it.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts