Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
I never saw enough of Severn to make a valid contribution to the discussion about his legitimacy in wrestling or UFC however the fact remains that he never made the stamp on the wrestling industry that he could have and thus his opinion is a bit moot. He is largely forgotten by the wrestling world and his WWF stint was a disappointment

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
How about Dan say that to Brock's face I can guarantee he wouldn't be standing afterwards

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
No one was impressed with Severn's WWE run, I bet many don't even remember it. I'm not white knighting Lesnar as I can't fucking stand that guy, but if we're being honest Dan The Beast Severn could have probably ripped Brock apart in MMA, but the dude sucked at being a entertaining professional wrestler.

If I remember right at one point Cornette was Severn's mouthpiece, the dude got Steve Blackman level reactions.
While you're right, the point is that he did it. Severn was a beast (No pun intended) in the 90's. I'd personally argue that the UFC era that Brock is fighting in is a breeze compared to the UFC of the 90's, and then take into account wrestling full-time besides that. I think very few top athletes could replicate that schedule today.

·
Registered
678 Posts
How about Dan say that to Brock's face I can guarantee he wouldn't be standing afterwards
I'm pretty sure Dan Severn in his prime would have said that to Brock Lesnar and Brock would have done sweet F all about it. Obviously an almost 60 year old Severn is not going to take Brock down

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
Regardless of age Dan has spoke up so he should be man enough to say it to Brock's face

·
Banned
5,069 Posts
Different times. Back then, cage fighting was basically bar fighting in a cage. There were no regulations or anything. Nowadays it's mainstream and commercial. No doubt the guys back then were 'tougher' but they weren't as skilled either. And nobody gave a shit about MMA, so there wasn't any kind of huge demand for multi-medium performers. Guys like Shamrock or Severen are nobodies compared to Brock. He had to become the biggest PPV draw in history in order to work 5 times a year, it's not like that was just handed to him.
Some how I find watching Ken shamrock more entertaining than watching Paul Heyman cut the same BRAAAAAAAC LESNAAAAAR promo I've heard a hundred times while Lesnar stand there looking like a goof like he gives no fuck.

·
Follow The Buzzards
2,976 Posts
Regardless of age Dan has spoke up so he should be man enough to say it to Brock's face
Even at 58 years old he'd have no problem saying how he feels to Brock, I doubt Brock would care, Severn was a legit fighter back in the day though so it's not like he has anything to prove to Brock.

·
8,610 Posts
lol people praising severn(wrestling wise) obviously weren't watching when he was around. the only thing that wasn't boring as fuck about him was his theme song(which was amazing). to even put him in the same category as lesnar as a sports entertainer is laughable, even if lesnar has been reduced to the redundant suplex city shit these days.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
While you're right, the point is that he did it. Severn was a beast (No pun intended) in the 90's. I'd personally argue that the UFC era that Brock is fighting in is a breeze compared to the UFC of the 90's, and then take into account wrestling full-time besides that. I think very few top athletes could replicate that schedule today.
Translation : Hardly ANY testing done whatsoever on Fighters that allow them to juice to their hearts content. It's basically PRIDE. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Dan Severn in his prime would have said that to Brock Lesnar and Brock would have done sweet F all about it. Obviously an almost 60 year old Severn is not going to take Brock down
Dan Severn in his prime would've failed drug tests(USADA says hi) like Brock did.

He was only a beast then because he roided up like the rest during the NO-TESTING era of the UFC.

(oh and before anyone goes the "he wasn't ripped" eye-test, you don't have to be ripped to be on the gear)

21 - 40 of 94 Posts