Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Re: Is the WWE trolling Sandow?

I'm not a Sandow fan or anything, but I really feel for the dude. He was on a role last year and they killed him off. Dude deserves better. As for the question I don't think it's trolling more like "We have no idea what to do with you"

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts

Yeah, I mean why isn't Damien Sandow a part of the Social Outcasts at least? I am still pissed what they did to Damien, but maybe there was some kind of unnoted major backstage accident? First, he lost his robe, then his briefcase. Why rob someone of all defining characteristics as soon as they show some promise? I don't know, maybe Vince is afraid if he gets back on TV he'll be over again? It's hard to tell man.

·
WWE plant
3,895 Posts

He got a be on RAW without losing, that's more than his jobbing peers can say.

He recently changed his Twitter name to his real one so I assume he's on his way out. It's what most guys do before their contract expires.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts

Yeah, I mean why isn't Damien Sandow a part of the Social Outcasts at least? I am still pissed what they did to Damien, but maybe there was some kind of unnoted major backstage accident? First, he lost his robe, then his briefcase. Why rob someone of all defining characteristics as soon as they show some promise? I don't know, maybe Vince is afraid if he gets back on TV he'll be over again? It's hard to tell man.
He seems tailor-made for that role. And even with Adam Rose suspended, they replace him with... Viktor? Um, what?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

It was said he was being punished for something he said during his match against Cena "Rise Above That" as the company saw it in bad taste as it was mocking an anti cancer slogan, even if that was the case, don't see why you'd then punish the guy for 2 years over it.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts

Think this is the second time where Sandow was in-ring and no match occurred because of interference, it is a complete waste I wish they'd have him in NXT at this point at least he would get better treatment and has all the tools to mentor any developmentals with especially micwork.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts

There isn't a gimmick out there that is bad enough that this man couldn't get over with the crowd. This guy is upper mid card/ slip into main event talent all day long.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts

This guy deserves so much more. He should at least be a high level mid carder by this point.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

Don't think there was anything major, but many of the wrestlers are starting to not give a shit anymore. And Sandow is the master in the art of not giving a shit.

Just see the bit at 1:10

·
Banned
8,175 Posts

Damien should ask for his release they dont use him on tv and when they showed him on Raw only for Dolph and Baron to up stage him that must of been a slap in the face to Damien

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts

I've wondered this myself. The only conclusion I can draw that makes sense to me is that Vince fears that Damien could get the Social Outcase so over that fans would start being pissed when they didn't win more often. Even with as much as I like Miz, Sandow overshadowed him in their gimmick, IMO. I don't think that was ever supposed to happen.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts

Even with as much as I like Miz, Sandow overshadowed him in their gimmick, IMO. I don't think that was ever supposed to happen.
Yes it was.

The problem was once they were broken up and their feud was over...what do you do with Sandow at that point? He got over imitating the Miz. Since he's no longer associated with Miz, does he keep imitating people? Shit would get old real quick. It was a short term gimmick.

They did drop the ball with his intellectual savior of the masses gimmick though.

·
The rare Primo and Epico fan
307 Posts

Don't worry! Sandow will win money in the bank, cash it in on somebody like Roman after being Chokeslammed into steel chairs, hit with the Steel Stairs, Shane McMahon elbow drops him from the top of the Arena and have an apple spat in his face. Oh but Sandow won't be successful cashing in, Roman would've punched him in the arm for the 3-count don't worry!

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Yes it was.

The problem was once they were broken up and their feud was over...what do you do with Sandow at that point? He got over imitating the Miz. Since he's no longer associated with Miz, does he keep imitating people? Shit would get old real quick. It was a short term gimmick.

They did drop the ball with his intellectual savior of the masses gimmick though.
The way I see it is during his comedy run, he managed to properly get over.

He got some pretty loud reactions on a weekly basis. The logical thing to do when someone gets over is to give them a push. Bryan did some comedy stuff with Kane and got over, then transitioned into a more serious character as a main eventer.

So with Sandow he could have just use a toned down intellectual saviour gimmick, but as a face.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.