Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Re: *Spoiler* Sandow's 4th promo

Yeah saw it on Smackdown. So pleased he announced he is debuting next week. I hate when a company does these vignettes for too long and it just gets boring. I was concerned they were gonna have these promos each week and his debut would take ages.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts

It probley does mean that. There probley stick him against a jobber at random.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts

Really? Please tell me that is a joke.
I don't think he's joking. They've been my favorite thing about SmackDown too. When the best thing about the show is a debut vignette, then you know the show completely sucks. With Christian and Barrett out, and Bryan, Sheamus and Del Rio are in the main-event, SmackDown's at it's worst ever.

Anyway I enjoyed that promo, and I very much look forward to his debut (hopefully next week).

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts

His promos have been good and i am intrigued what they do with him hopefully not squash matches.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts

Awesome. Have been anticipating his debut for months. I wonder if he debut's after calling for the lights to be shut off and a spotlight put on him.

·
Registered
13,105 Posts

Does Ignatious come with him? That short fellow who's assistant GM in FCW could be a good Ignatious. OR he could be sight unseen, just his twitter scribe for awhile, and then he eventually debuts as a huge dude.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The spotlight would be nice.

I don't mind Smackdown's main event scene, just how it's booked.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts

Awesome. Have been anticipating his debut for months. I wonder if he debut's after calling for the lights to be shut off and a spotlight put on him.
I hope so. "Spotlight, please." Take Batista's entrance from early 2010 and use it for Sandow. He can cut cerebral promos walking down the ramp to the ring.

EDIT: Wait a second. Why does he say the Age of Enlightenment was in the nineteenth century? Most historians argue that the Napoleonic Wars or so is about where it began to truly conclude. Voltaire and Sir Isaac Newton are from the 17th and 18th centuries and never came close to seeing the dawn of the nineteenth century.

LOL @ WWE. Oh well.

·
Registered
831 Posts

I hope so. "Spotlight, please." Take Batista's entrance from early 2010 and use it for Sandow. He can cut cerebral promos walking down the ramp to the ring.

EDIT: Wait a second. Why does he say the Age of Enlightenment was in the nineteenth century? Most historians argue that the Napoleonic Wars or so is about where it began to truly conclude. Voltaire and Sir Isaac Newton are from the 17th and 18th centuries and never came close to seeing the dawn of the nineteenth century.

LOL @ WWE. Oh well.
19th century is 1800s

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts

LOL @ WWE. Oh well.
I know it's Wikipedia, but searching "19th Century Philosophy" brings up a page that begins with:

In the 19th century the philosophies of the Enlightenment began to have a dramatic effect, the landmark works of philosophers such as Immanuel Kant and Jean-Jacques Rousseau influencing a new generation of thinkers. In the late 18th century a movement known as Romanticism began, it validated strong emotion as an authentic source of aesthetic experience, placing new emphasis on such emotions as trepidation, horror and terror and awe.
So he's not entirely wrong in relating the Age of Enlightenment with the 19th Century even though it really started a century earlier. He never said it began during the 19th century and in my opinion was referencing the period of time its philosophies began to effect the masses. I think his mention of Voltaire and Isaac Newton were just thrown out as examples of guys you could compare his intellectual gimmick to that just so happened to lay the foundation of this age.

In combination of the "Lights! Spotlight, Please!" entrance and consequential promo as he walks to the ring, I hope he maintains his FCW theme or at least something quite similar in effect.

·
Registered
784 Posts

I dont get it. He's so boring.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

That's your opinion. I am starting to become a mark and he hasn't even debuted yet.

He has a great look, robe, his theme is epic and if he does his spotlight promos on the way to the ring then I will be very entertained.

·
Registered
784 Posts

Of course that's my opinion twit wit.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts

19th century is 1800s
Yes. I know.

Sir Isaac Newton lived from either the last week of 1642 or the first week of 1643 to late March 1727; François-Marie Arouet de Voltaire lived from 1694 to 1778.

The way Sandow says that these were "great luminaries of that time" [19th century] is at best very sloppy, at worst quite wrong. If he had said people of the nineteenth century looked back at them for inspiration, that would have been swell, I guess.

I know it's Wikipedia, but searching "19th Century Philosophy" brings up a page that begins with:

So he's not entirely wrong in relating the Age of Enlightenment with the 19th Century even though it really started a century earlier. He never said it began during the 19th century and in my opinion was referencing the period of time its philosophies began to effect the masses. I think his mention of Voltaire and Isaac Newton were just thrown out as examples of guys you could compare his intellectual gimmick to that just so happened to lay the foundation of this age.

In combination of the "Lights! Spotlight, Please!" entrance and consequential promo as he walks to the ring, I hope he maintains his FCW theme or at least something quite similar in effect.
Yeah, overall it's all right and I'm starting to feel like a smart-ass for bothering with this, but it is kind of amusing to me.

The Wikipedia entry is a bit questionable, seeing as how the Romanticism of the nineteenth century was on one hand an outgrowth of the Enlightenment but most pointedly a direct response to it, with Rousseau being a particular conduit for the transition and exemplified by the works of Mary Shelley, Thoreau and many others. Philosophers, authors, artists and even national leaders wanted to counter the Enlightenment's emphasis on sheer rationalism and logic (which often led to disillusionment as in the French Revolution) with the importance of emotion and subjectivity.

Okay, I'll cease with the anal term paper bit. I guess Sandow's promo is okay enough. I like him so I'll be lenient, ha. :rolleyes:

I agree, I like his FCW theme quite a bit...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts