Wrestling Forum banner

Daffney Says She Has Filed A Workers Comp Claim Against TNA

12114 Views 80 Replies 58 Participants Last post by  AndyKaufmanlives
*sigh* When it rains it pours.

UPDATED: According to Pwinsider.com, some TNA workers mentioned that there were issues between Daffney and the company over how her medical expenses. This was after she suffered a bad concussion taking a bump through a barbed wire board. The issue had reportedly been brewing for some time. When reached for comment, TNA's Steven Godfrey stated that the company does not comment publicly on personnel matters.

ORIGINAL: Daffney has posted the following regarding her status with TNA…

Yesterday my picture was taken down off of the TNA roster page. My contract expires today and TNA did not renew it. I do not know if it has anything to do with it, but I've filed a Workers Comp claim against them for injuries I've sustained in the ring and my lawyers said to not go into anymore details.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
1,080 Posts
How did i know that something like this was probably going to come up.
TNA seemed a little sketchy when she got hurt in the first place.
I hope she gets what she deserves out of this.Poor girl getting a concussion
cause they try out a very green wrestler who nearly kills her.
(i was at the taping when she got injured so i saw what happend)

· Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My fear is that they don't resolve this and they let her walk. Then Bischoff and Hogan will try to dress up some green female wrestler from the Dudley's wrestling school in some goth makeup as a cheap substitute.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
i don't blame her. she was doing well then get's screwed by the new fatty and then they don't put her on tv more than 2 times the next 7-9 months? so basically no money to cover it....sounds like i'd be pissed at them too and do the same. i'm not much the type to promote bring in a lawsuit and lawyer but i think she definitely has a beef there to do it. honestly she could have even been setup to be taken out for all i know. we never did see rosie on tv after this and she disappeared. her whole situation is definitely odd to say the least and no where near typical from what i've seen.

· Registered
12,861 Posts
*sigh* When it rains it pours.

UPDATED: According to Pwinsider.com, some TNA workers mentioned that there were issues between Daffney and the company over how her medical expenses. This was after she suffered a bad concussion taking a bump through a barbed wire board. The issue had reportedly been brewing for some time. When reached for comment, TNA's Steven Godfrey stated that the company does not comment publicly on personnel matters.

· Registered
499 Posts
TNA sounds like a great place to work if youre someone like Hardy or Angle, someone who gets a nice paycheck and easy schedule.

But for the many midcarders it sounds like a nightmare. Most of their roster hasnt been seen in ages.

And when has a wrestler debuted in the wwe after appearing in TNA? Does TNA actually lead to bigger and better things or do they just chew you up, use you then spit you out when youre injured or too much of an inconvenience?

· Registered
498 Posts
TNA sounds like a great place to work if youre someone like Hardy or Angle, someone who gets a nice paycheck and easy schedule.

But for the many midcarders it sounds like a nightmare. Most of their roster hasnt been seen in ages.

And when has a wrestler debuted in the wwe after appearing in TNA? Does TNA actually lead to bigger and better things or do they just chew you up, use you then spit you out when youre injured or too much of an inconvenience?
no different than "real" sports athletes.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Shark Boy and now Shark Girl :(

WWE please throw your net and give them a shell. TNA seems to hate fishes.

Seriously TNA seems to be awfully dishonest with wrestlers who aren't their biggest stars or oldies from WWE. It's a shame to treat them like slaves (housing, salaries and food issues) and to refuse to pay for a concussion which happened during a show.

TNA should stop hiding and telling that they are lacking money or that they are too close from indies to provide the basics for an employe and a great talent.

This girl put her health at risk for them in hardcore matches almost for free. They must pay and help her, it's just morality.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Poor girl, i hope the best for her anyway.

And again another bad reputation of TNA....
TNA deserves this bad reputation and deserves lawsuits from its full roster (in my opinion). Seriously I would be happy if WWE gets a serious competitior, but i want this opponent to be honest and to treat its employees decently and humanely. :mad:

I can stand bad booking and awful storylines, but I can't stand a behavior which is dangerous for wrestlers or refusals to help them if they have health and financial difficulties due to the company which hired them. It happened during a live show, her health was under TNA responsability during it.

The same for Shark Boy financial difficulties and TNA's refusal to pay him more even if he was more often on TV and their later decision to hide him deeply in the closet until the legal term of his contract because he asked for more money.

· Registered
499 Posts
no different than "real" sports athletes.
not really, real sports teams and organisations dont turn a blind eye to drug taking and they typically dont fire their athletes when they get injured.

They dont actively encourage their athletes to take dangerous actions such as unprotected chair shots or blading.

Dont get me wrong, the wwe is just as cut throat but at least its trying to be responsible. Not because it feels nice and wants everyone to be happy, but because being responsible is good business. It keeps the government lobbies, lawsuits and complainers away. So they have the wellness programme and they dont allow risky moves and they give rehab to any former employees.

Every company will get rid if youre not performing or dont connect with the audience but Tna seems to just want their pound of flesh and once theyve used them up they spit them out.

· Registered
6,603 Posts
I don't think she'll get anywhere, unfortunately, but it's good for her trying to enforce some sort of rights. Promotions need to be held more accountable, even if nothing changes for another decade.

It's still laughable that such a big, and pretty telegraphed, bump couldn't be caught on camera. Well worth the concussion.

· Premium Member
46,617 Posts
I agree she deserves compensation. I mean she was put in an unsafe working environment. How did Rosie get hired after that? A friend of mine said that's like going in for an audition for a broadway show & falling off stage. You kind of fucked up, and Daffney got hurt in the process.

Now will Daffney get the compensation she deserves? I doubt it.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.