1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Imagine Wrestling, Pittsburgh area:

Their Facebook page said:
Hello,

We always want to be as transparent and honest as we can with the folks who are kind enough to invest their time and money coming to Imagine Wrestling shows. D-Lo Brown will not be at Imagine Wrestling tonight. We have made several attempts to reach D-Lo in the last 48 hours via phone calls, text messages, email and direct messages on Twitter. He has ignored all our attempts to reach him. Last night, in a concern for D-lo's health I Google searched his name and found him to be advertised on another show in Louisiana tonight.

At no time when we originally booked him in March, paid and sent him his airline ticket from Las Vegas to State College, booked and sent him his hotel information or met with him face to face at WrestleMania weekend di he mention he would not be at our Volume Two event. To me, he flat out lied to all of us.

To say we are disappointed would be an understatement. But, the show must go on. I have full confidence in our incredible team to put on a great show that we are sure you'll be glad you saw. Additionally, former NWA tag team Champion and one half of the Fantastics, Bobby Fulton will be on hand to sign autographs and take pictures. While we know this in no way makes up for D-lo's absence, Mr. Fulton was able to help us last minute.

For anyone that was only there to see D-Lo and would like a refund, bring your ticket between 3 and 6pm for a refund. I can tell you this, you will never see a group work harder than you will tonight to thank you fo attending.
Their Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=405242190072461&id=282881178975230

Apparently he was booked, paid, given a flight and hotel, but took another booking and told no one. That's shitty of him.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
This is really out of character for D'Lo. The guy has worked since the early 90's and I don't think I've heard another story about him ducking work or pulling this on someone. Shitty, if true, but I'd like to hear D'Lo's side of the story, if there is one.

I've wanted to see him end up in a good promotion with an agent gig for quite a while. Such a great talent.

·
Premium Member
17,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is really out of character for D'Lo. The guy has worked since the early 90's and I don't think I've heard another story about him ducking work or pulling this on someone. Shitty, if true, but I'd like to hear D'Lo's side of the story, if there is one.

I've wanted to see him end up in a good promotion with an agent gig for quite a while. Such a great talent.
I, too, think there's another piece to the story. I went to his Twitter to see if people were commenting, him responding. I saw nothing, but himself advertising for another show. Very strange to not respond to the company, especially because this is easily leaked and could damage someone's reputation.

I don't think he's a huge draw anymore so promoters would easily pass him over if this is true. I hope he does respond so we know.

Also, an excuse to bump this because if it's true it's complete shit for a person to do in any business.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Lol, D'Lo Brown probably still has more fans than Seth Rollins. That's not a bash on Rollins. D'Lo was pretty popular back when wrestling was a lot more popular.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
cant believe he is flush with bookings so probably a stupid move on his part, specially since it will give him an unreliable reputation now and will result in less bookings down the road.

who knows though, I wouldnt be surprised if the details arnt all correct here and maybe he had to pull out due to personal issues.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Lol, D'Lo Brown probably still has more fans than Seth Rollins. That's not a bash on Rollins. D'Lo was pretty popular back when wrestling was a lot more popular.
D-Lo Brown came back and no one cared. Only person that got less of a reaction was Grand Master Sexay.

Yeah he was around during a more productive time and who knows how Rollins would've performed back then but I think the people who would know him have long since moved on from wrestling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts