1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First round matchups...

Drunken Scaffold Match
DEVON MOORE vs. LUCKY tHURTeen vs. DANNY HAVOC

Ultraviolent Ladders Match (Dedicated to the Memory of JC Bailey)
DRAKE YOUNGER vs. RORY MONDO

Pains in the Glass Match
CZW World & UVU Champion MASADA vs. SCOTT SUMMERS

Ultraviolent Bats Match
'BULLDOZER' MATT TREMONT vs the returning ABDULLAH KOBAYASHI

-

This weekend I'm making the trip to TOD and BITW the next night, and I'm very excited as this will be my first TOD. And the first round looks great. Looking forward to seeing Kobayashi live.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
Looking good so far. I don't think I'm familair with Scott Summers though. Is this in DJ Hyde's backyard again?

These 2 matches should be awesome:

Drunken Scaffold Match
DEVON MOORE vs. LUCKY tHURTeen vs. DANNY HAVOC

and

Ultraviolent Bats Match
'BULLDOZER' MATT TREMONT vs the returning ABDULLAH KOBAYASHI

I'm not a fan of the ultraviolent bats stipulation, but both of those guys are awesome enough to make any stip work.

EDIT: Hopefully this TOD is better than TOD X, it was a decent tournament but kind of a dissapointment, especially considering TOD IX was great..

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Good lord any "drunken" match is crazy but then put them on a scaffold?? OK they got me hooked. Definitely excited for the Mondo Younger match, they should go all out seeing that it is for JC Bailey.

And seeing kobayashi should be worth the price of the DVD on it's own.

·
3,164 Posts
Good lord any "drunken" match is crazy but then put them on a scaffold?? OK they got me hooked. Definitely excited for the Mondo Younger match, they should go all out seeing that it is for JC Bailey.

And seeing kobayashi should be worth the price of the DVD on it's own.
There was a CZW/WXW show last year in Germany called "Betretet Die Combat Zone 2", it featured a drunken scaffold match between Devon Moore and Danny Havoc. I have it on dvd but have yet to watch it. Hopefully both of them will be awesome, and not have any serious injuries lol..

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
There was a CZW/WXW show last year in Germany called "Betretet Die Combat Zone 2", it featured a drunken scaffold match between Devon Moore and Danny Havoc. I have it on dvd but have yet to watch it. Hopefully both of them will be awesome, and not have any serious injuries lol..
That's a match I'd like to see myself. if you ever get around to watching it, let us know if it is any good or not. I may just find that dvd myself.

·
3,164 Posts
Drunken as in, they literally get shit-faced and then attempt to wrestle on a scaffold? How good could something like that actually fucking be?
From what I've seen from the WXW/CZW show (assuming it's similair), they go to the ring while drunking and they just have a load of bottles at ringside and on the scaffold. I think (not sure as I haven't seen the entire match yet) the point is also to get your opponent drunk so you can throw 'em off of the scaffold lol. I could be wrong there though.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Really hoping the whole DJ vs Tremont thing doesn't mean Tremonts winning TOD.
Probably does considering everyone else that would be considered a favorite has already won.

And it's a little bit weird to have a deathmatch in memory of someone who's dead.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Rules are that you take a shot before the match starts. Everytime you go for a pin but the person kicks out, you both take a shot. In the Germany match the ref also drank (more than just small shots) and got shit faced so they had to get a new ref. Verry funny and fun match to watch. I loved it.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,317 Posts
A drunken death match seems like a bad idea when the guys have matches later on in the night.

If I was still living down on Philly for the school year I would make the trip down to see it but I'm not driving all the way to Deleware from Upstate new York to see it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts