Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
I'm surprised they're still talking about crunch time. I'm getting mixed signals. I would think getting out ahead of crunch time is what a CEO would want to do, but crunch time is never good anyways. If you're extending the game by months for "polish" yet will need crunch time, what amount of polish is necessary that would require crunch time? 5 months to polish....but you'll need crunch time? It sounds like poor management of making the game.

I won't give them kudos because they admitted to crunch. That's a negative against the game, for me.

quote said:
Adam Kicinski, answering “Is the development team required to put in crunch hours?” answered, “To some degree, yes, to be honest.”

Kicinski went on to say that “We try to limit crunch as much as possible, but it is the final stage. We try to be reasonable in this regard, but yes. Unfortunately.”

It somewhat fades the idea that this is another five months to polish up an otherwise finished game, and instead means developers need five extra months of full-on development to deliver something worth a launch.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts