Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the games in actually excited for in 2020, reading about all the stuff in the game and watching gameplay, and knowing the Developer is pro-consumer im pretty much sold on this game, I will probably buy it on Xbox One first then give it another playthrough on the Xbox Scarlett when that comes out.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,379 Posts
It was one of the highlights of E3 when it was announced for sure. I'm probably going to buy it, but will wait to see what the differences are and how long the wait will be between this gen and next-gen versions. I don't like paying twice for a game.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
My only issue is that it's in first person. Since we can create our character being in first person seems to be the wrong direction, being in first person also limits gameplay. They like to claim it's for immersion but I just see it as laziness, the game still looks like it might be fun so if it reviews well I'll definitely check it out.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,176 Posts
My only issue is that it's in first person. Since we can create our character being in first person seems to be the wrong direction, being in first person also limits gameplay. They like to claim it's for immersion but I just see it as laziness, the game still looks like it might be fun so if it reviews well I'll definitely check it out.
in this day and age, I don't know why most games just don't have the option of first or third. GTA 5 had it, RDR 2 had it, hitman silent assassin, contracts and blood money had it, battlefront 2 had it, morrowind, oblivion, skyrim and the fallout games had it (those games were on the PS2 and xbox 360 so its not like it couldnt be done before).

I remember the guys from call of duty MW2 saying that they couldnt just give people the option of 1st or 3rd in multiplayer because 3rd person creates an advantage of being able to move the camera to look around corners etc so they created separate game modes but in single player games, it shouldnt really matter.

Id say if huge games like RDR 2 can manage it and make it work then other games should be fine. I always disliked mirrors edge because of the locked 1st person perspective, made it a real chore to try and run along tight ledges when you cant really see your surroundings. Just give me the option to switch in and out of it.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
The reason why its in first person is because of all the tech read outs you will have ot be seeing. it makes perfect sense why it would be in first person. And LOL at calling CDPR lazy.

·
From parts unknown
22,759 Posts
I have no option but to support the artistic choice they made in the whole FPS thing... Give me aim assist and I'll be happy... But if they don't even have that then FML.

Here's hoping that it at least has full Ultrawide support (21:9) for gameplay and cutscenes ... Gonna be very disappointing if I can't play it because of lack of skill or annoying black bars.

One of the most annoying things I experienced in gaming is the opening cut scene of Witcher 3 is rendered in 21:9 but it can't be stretched to fit the entire monitor. A lot of movies do that too. But at least in a movie you can use software to stretch it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was one of the highlights of E3 when it was announced for sure. I'm probably going to buy it, but will wait to see what the differences are and how long the wait will be between this gen and next-gen versions. I don't like paying twice for a game.
They confirmed the next Xbox is gonna be backwards compatible and the PS5 likely will be as well, as to what graphical upgrades it will have with them isn't known right now, knowing CDPR they will just update the game with new textures and lighting, amongst other things rather then making us buy a whole new verison.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
cautiously optimistic as i haven't bought a 'new' game for 2+ years

all the ones i had my eyes on were flops/disappointments so never bought

loved witcher 3 though, flaws and all

so cautiously optimistic about this

·
7,176 Posts
meh, probably just me but that gameplay video looks pretty generic and just like any other first person shooter Ive played really, nothing really stands out.

Id say it just looks like a new version of deus ex: human revolution.

Don't think it will be for me tbh. I've kind of reached a place with first person shooter games of when you play one, youve played them all.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
I think it looks pretty solid given this is still a work in progress, I just think it is problematic that this has been hyped up as some kind of video game evolution as it all looks very by the numbers.

·
7,176 Posts
fuck me, how can people be part of a reddit group that has a black background with white text colour scheme?

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Dont mind the delay tbh. The game has a lot of hype to live up to, i'd rather they were totally confident in it by release date. Besides, April was looking too stacked. I wouldnt have wanted to try and split my attention between this and FF7.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Bit disappointed about the delay, really looking forward to this game. But it does give me more time to complete Blood and Wine and perhaps even do a 2nd playthrough of Witcher 3 so there's that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts