Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
I'd say no. Feather's an easy way to lazily cut images. To feather a picture; means make it slightly transparent inside the selected area and fade out everything outside it. Makes it look layered and a little bit cooler.

If you want to cut it manually so you dont get any of the background, use point to point, it's a lot easier than freehand, you won't fuck up so often. Cutting like this gets stressful and very tedious.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts

Theres no 'real' way to do it. More of the best way you find.
Use the lasso tool, kinda outline what you want. Then, paste it on to whatever. Then, erase the edges of the pic. To get a closer look, use the magnifing tool, then erase.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Your wish is my command. Ok I assume you have PSP7.

Make sure you have tool options open, if you do not; Open view, go down to toolbars and click it. Now Go down to "Tool options palette" and check that box.

Okay. Get your image up and select the Yellow lasso icon. Your tool options should now list, surprisingly, the tool options. It has a box for feather that goes from 0 to 200. 200 being the most transparent and takes the longest to fade out. 0 being no fade at all and no transparency.

Next in "Selection type" it will list Freehand which is a pain in the fucking ass. Point to Point, which I believe to be easiest and Smart Edge, which would be great if it worked more often (always goes a little bit wrong).

After setting how much feather you want, select around the object you want, right click to finish selecting and then copy onto another image. Wallah!

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
I think he has photoshop

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
PSP sucks.
In Photoshop, all I do is use the "magic eraser" and click the background of the image I'm cutting. Then I zoom in and even things up with the eraser. That's all I do. Works fine for me. And usually doesn't take too long. I cut the Molly cuts for my Molly banner in about 4 minutes.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
I'm not going to even bother reading any of the posts except Nitemare's, because chances are you're ALL wrong. He said the EASIEST way.

The easiest known way to you people, would probably be using a feather brush, the hardest being using the eraser.

The extract filter works, okay, but it still needs work.

BUT, the EASIEST way is to get a plug-in. One would be Knockout. I don't know who makes that, but I'm pretty sure it's Mac only. Extensis also makes one, don't know the name, but I think it's for Mac and PC users.

So, to quote NDF;
"Zing!"

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
and were would you get those

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
OlympicZero said in post #9 :
I'm not going to even bother reading any of the posts except Nitemare's, because chances are you're ALL wrong. He said the EASIEST way.
No, he said "What's the best/fastest way". And my way works for me so ya.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I've always used the lasso tool but each to his own I guess. I'll look into that plug-in OZ cause it gets tiresome cutting images out and hair is pretty difficult to get right.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
I MEANT brush. You color on a new layer, then select it, and delete it out of the layer you want to cut. :cool:

That WOULD work, but I did MEANT eraser.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
OlympicZero said in post #15 :
That WOULD work, but I did MEANT eraser.
Wow, you IS more smart than I did MEANT to think before.

And I downloaded that Knockout program you mentioned and it sucks. Sure, it's faster to cut images, but the results are worst than if I had done it with an eraser with my eyes closed. It's worth it to just take the time and cut it by hand and get better results.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
How do you do it then? It works fine, but only on pics where the background is simple and only a few solid colors or less. But if its with a background that has lots of different things in it, it gets choppy and bad. I'll fiddle with it for a bit.

Oh, and dude, did you use a premade background on your current banner? Because I came across a background that looks very similar to yours in your sig. Although you trashed it up a bit in your banner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts