Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
version six
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best way to cut pictures out for PhotoShop? I use the extract filter but it always takes hours and looks crap....Is there any other way to cut stuff out?

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
If you are really good you could use the lasso tool. I try to find pictures with a background so that I could just use the magic eraser.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
OORRRRRR download psds, as I do :). Those pics are precut and shat

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
I use the eraser because it works best for me. JA if you need help with how to use it pm me and tell me. I will make you a tutorial for it on sunday.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use layer masks. It makes correcting mistakes very easy.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
NotDaveFoley said:
Extract and use the eraser. The cut doesn't have to be perfect.

Yep true, look at the johnny ramone cut in my sig...its not perfect but it still looks good, IMO

·
Registered
290 Posts
made a new file and put the bg thingy to when you see those grey and white squares everywhere on the file then put your picture on that new file then take the lasso tool and cut out most the bg you dont have to put it right on the think you want to cut just so you dont have to erase alot. Then zoom in about 3 or 4 times until you see it good. Then its smooth sailing from there just erase it every now and then un click the mouse so it doesnt undo alot of your work. also zoom out to the actual pixels and see how its comming along thats how I do it and they come out pretty good. It takes alot of practice to do it my way but til then use psds or ask me or someone to cut your pics I'm sure jsnake can help you out. If you need any other help just ask with that pm thingy

·
Registered
15 Posts
All I do is grab the Lasso Tool, cut out most of the background that I don't want, grab the Eraser Tool, zoom in a few times, and cut as slowly and as accurately as possible.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Dkaz said:
All I do is grab the Lasso Tool, cut out most of the background that I don't want, grab the Eraser Tool, zoom in a few times, and cut as slowly and as accurately as possible.
Show us some of your cuts because those in your sig are PSDs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heh, provide the pic.

The only reason I used these PSDs was because it'd be a waste of time cutting some of my own when there are already PSDs available on the net.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Here's a pic. Cut out the middle one. If you do it i'll give you mad rep!

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
I would like to see him cut that, That pic looks kinda hard to cut.

EDIT: I tried the cut using the eraser tool, and it sucked. I don't know how to get it as a PSD, but the background is white, so you would have to use the magic eraser tool.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts