Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year tensai debuted competed in main event matches,
was actually thought to be a future wwe champion, but some how got lost in the mix and became sweet !
this year curtis axel gets many many main event matches, even talk about how he's gonna be champion! and not just a mid card championship.
but now look at axel. axel just another guy that wwe has nothing to do with, so lets through curtis in a feud with a guy who never was anybody!
im so sick of how wwe will build up someone and tear them down.
for example the sheild, the shield defeated huge names just to lose many matches, or maybe we can look at cesaro a almost a year run with us title but cesaro 1st loses to justin gabriel! what is wwe thinking?
why does wwe waiste a whole summer on building someone up just to tire down the gimmick?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I agree with everything apart from 'lets throw curtis in a feud with a guy who never was anybody'.

Don't forget that in 2011 R-Truth was supposedly the biggest threat to the WWE alongside Miz and they had Rock and Cena team up to take them on. R-Truth is a solid roster member imo.

·
How you doing?
4,958 Posts
He might has changed his name, but he still is Michael McGillicutty, glorified jobber, i don't see anything about him that should make me wanna watch his matches.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
At least with Tensai, they realized he was a flop rather quickly and pulled the plug accordingly. Axel, for some bizarre reason, is still the IC champion and still a Heyman guy, wasting TV time every week. I thought Ryback was supposed to replace Axel, not just team up with him?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I guess Curtis will join 3MB when Drew gets "repackaged"?:rolleyes:

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,323 Posts
He's not bad at all, he's just been grossly booked since his initial push. I like the R-Truth comparison. He will settle in and find his place. Plus he's a bit younger than Truth, so there is a chance he finds his place and moves up from there.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Bad comparison. Tensai was already pretty famous as Albert/A-Train from Attitude/RA era.
Actually, if WWE would allow him to return as Albert/A-Train, he'd fare A LOT better than this dumb ass Tensai treatment he received.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Curtis Axel was never built up, he was just thrown into these matches because his manager is Paul Heyman. They gave him a chance and he couldn't deliver.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah theres similarities with the way they were booked going over huge stars immediately, I know they werent clean wins but theyre heels so it doesnt matter.

its a really stupid way of doing things as if it doesnt work out (which it hasnt either time obviously) it just totally wastes getting victories over the big stars - imagine how much of a boost getting those wins would be to somebody whos got some momentum and is over already but they never seem to do it that way

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Not a big fan tbh. Theres nothing particularly bad about the guy but nothing that really stands out either. Hes just very lacking in the charisma department.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
Tensai has a better look though,he stands and could be a great heel with good booking and his looks alone. Curtis Axel has a bland look, and add in no charisma at all.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Tensai has a better look though,he stands and could be a great heel with good booking and his looks alone. Curtis Axel has a bland look, and add in no charisma at all.
I'm not sold on the Tensai gimmick but I think Matt Bloom himself has been misused and has potential to be a top heel. Hes experienced, looks the part and is a solid worker both in the ring and when given the chance on the mic too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts