Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Banned
5,812 Posts
Re: Curtis Axel rants on his booking (on Twitter)

Axel was hilarious when he was playing the delusional Hulk Hogan imitator. Why they can't see that tweaking that character and just making him a delusional psychopath would work is beyond me.

As ''Mr. Perfect's Son'' he was hopeless. He does not need to go down that route. He should be completely different and the basis of the ''Axelmania'' gimmick was his delusion and that is were they should have started to form a more long term character from.

· Banned
677 Posts
Now I like Curtis Axel and all to be fair booking, creative, and storytelling were probably the bigger issues here though he's already been an IC

champion and I believe a multiple time Tag champ and he wasn't relevant or over with the fans at all

I'm just saying

· Banned
8,820 Posts
Attaboy Axel. Dude needs to be more assertive if he wants to get anywhere. He strikes me as a really laid back, passive dude, and that attitude will get you nowhere in the 'E. He's one of the best workers they've got and would be a great addition to the struggling IC title scene with the right character. He's shown a massive improvement in mic work with his brief NXT run and Axelmania run.

· Banned
8,575 Posts
Axel speaking to fans like that isn't PG he's getting his ass buried

· Registered
442 Posts
He's one of the best workers they've got and would be a great addition to the struggling IC title scene with the right character.
Agreed. Axel is technically sound, sells really well, and knows how to elevate an opponent by making them look good (Kiss of death, maybe?). I think KO is starting to turn the IC scene around, but I'd love to see Axel rejoin the mix. (Y)

It's a work.
Yep. Axel is using the plausability of a twitter spat to his advantage. He's been able to leverage twitter to garner some attention before, so why not expand on that successful interaction with fans?

But seriously, I'd be interested in Axel if he just snaps on fans like this while cutting promos.
He should. Axel has shown he can be a good heel. Rybaxel was able to get the crowd to react negatively towards them when Ryback and Axel were accentuating an obnoxious arrogance. Look at the heat generated on these forums when a discussion over "technical wrestling v. charisma" breaks out. Highlight an us versus them mentality. "Vince overvalues charisma" and "the casuals just want spotfests and don't understand wrestling" type of deal. Maybe Axel could even lead a split in the locker room between wrestlers who feel held back because they are great in the ring but aren't being given a chance on the mic or because the writing has been poor? From this perspective, playing on pedigree and the "better than perfect" angle, makes perfect sense. :grin2: Afterall, what's wrong with tradition? Maybe wrestling would be a great again if people respected tradition? >:)

Now I'll admit to liking Axel a lot and to having an obvious bias. Take my opinion for what it's worth.

Reactions: Scott Hall's Ghost

· Registered
5,665 Posts
Axel going in at Mark.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.