Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know I'm gonna get flamed down for this, because the IWC tend to have a flavor of the month, or whatever in regards to who they want to fire down, but Curtis Axel is actually really good, this match with R-Truth he is really leading the match with.

He's got an immense Drop kick, he's selling the match so well and is bumping like crazy.

Paul Heyman chose to want to work with Axel, which should say it all, but I do wish that the IWC would actually cut some slack on Axel now .... he's good!

I know the kinda responses I'm going to get here, but I think we should start to give credit where it's due ... Curtis Axel deserves some credit ... he's holding this IC run well, say what you want about Axel, but that was a very solid performance.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
He's good at me getting the remote and changing the channel.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curtis Axel is good in the ring.Nobody will deny it.But his character is too bland
Respected post! ... I don't think his character is that bland, he enters the ring with quite an impact, maybe a slight lack of gimmick on his behalf but I guess he can only run with what he's given to do, character wise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree his in ring skills are good but his mic skills and character bore me to death.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tore the house down in that sloberknocker with R-Truth a minute ago.

:punk2
Yep, I know it won't happen, you can't come on here to try change people's minds (it does the opposite), but I am hoping that the IWC start to cut Axel some slack now, cause it's getting silly.

It makes people look silly when they knock down someone too much, who is actually clearly talented.

You don't have to like him, but you have to commend him here on this, that was a solid match he put on just then, and he did carry that match too.

If anyone watches it back, take notice of the way he sells the match and bumps etc.. it's true.

·
Banned
810 Posts
These geeks all just copy what they see other geeks saying.

They'll get on board for Zach Ryder, but down Axel like he sucks or something.

They don't have minds of their own, just a bunch of bandwagoning geek followers desperately trying to come off like they have the cool, edgy take on things.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
He is actually good, ppl nowadays are more focused with promos now which is why so many label him terrible. He has a decent look and can go in the ring.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree his in ring skills are good but his mic skills and character bore me to death.
I'm surprised the responses have been as they have, kudos to you, again, I don't mind him on the mic at all, I don't think he's that bad, I just don't think he has much to run with really.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These geeks all just copy what they see other geeks saying.

They'll get on board for Zach Ryder, but down Axel like he sucks or something.

They don't have minds of their own, just a bunch of bandwagoning geek followers desperately trying to come off like they have the cool, edgy take on things.
100% spot on!!!!

He is actually good, ppl nowadays are more focused with promos now which is why so many label him terrible. He has a decent look and can go in the ring.
Wow, I'm incredibly impressed with you guys here, I expected the responses to be like the one above with the remote control, I know a lot about wrestling, as do I know many guys and people here, I know what sells a match, I know a good worker when I see one etc... and Axel clearly has this, it's not even questionable, but the way he gets put down and knocked all the time, it's not even all that justified half the time, it's just because.

Be nice to see the guy get a bit more respect, cause it's not like he doesn't deserve it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm surprised the responses have been as they have, kudos to you, again, I don't mind him on the mic at all, I don't think he's that bad, I just don't think he has much to run with really.
I agree maybe he needs a good feud with someone that doesn't overshadow him like punk

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He's good in the ring and that's it.
I disagree, where I don't by any means think he's all that amazing on the mic or anything ... I think he's better than what most people are seeing ... he's held back character wise, trust me.

Besides, there is a LOT of time and room for improvement on the mic and character development, Bret Hart admittedly says himself he was a terrible mic worker at one point, he wans't comfortable on the mic ... but I don't even need to go into Bret's legacy and him being one of the best ever workers to grace the business. (I know his incredible ring excellence is a big part of this!!!)

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree maybe he needs a good feud with someone that doesn't overshadow him like punk
He does, look at how he's been scripted lately, he's pretty much making Ryback look good as Heyman's new guy too, I think that's a part of it.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No he is not..

-No charisma.
-Embarrassing mic skills.
-Below average in-ring skills. I am yet to see a good match from him.
You're wrong, you cannot say he is not a good in ring worker, this is the exact ignorance of the IWC, nothing here is backed up with anything, the guy knows how to work a match, he just did (again!), with R-Truth.

People have their own opinions on his mic skills (thats fine), but embarrassing, that's an over statement as you know.

Charisma too, it isn't that bad, he enters the ring with some charisma, he's held back character wise.

Typical IWC response there, nothing was backed up with what you said other than for the sake of it to make him sound worse than he actually is.

'embarrassing', 'below average' ... you know as well as I do that's not true.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bet some of the people here relentlessly burying Axel, joined in with the 'Die Rocky die' parade of the late 90's.
Probably, look at the one I just replied to above this response here .... that's what I mean, it's over exaggerated for the sake of it.

You simply cannot say he's a bad worker or has below average ring skills, it makes you look silly for saying this without backing it up.

I know people's opinions are different, and this is fine, but half of the time ... it's not even about that, it's just because really.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts