Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Natalya lost her title match yesterday, I kinda got a vibe that her push is over for now. Maybe it has something to do with her commentary "You better settle your tea kettle because this whistle is about to blow".........what the fuck? lol. I think she is a nice in ring performer so hopefully it won't be the end of her for awhile. Also the spotlight is HIGHLY off Melina which I am shocked about since she had a fairly nice heel turn and Melina is usually at her best during her heel times. Do you guys think her WWE future is wearing thin?
I was deeply concerned when Eve got involved with The Bella Twins lol.....mainly because one of them could win the Divas title which is very scary. I swear if they give one of those Bella's the Divas title before they give it to Gail or Beth, I will flip lol. However if one of them receives it, it will be fun to see Awesome Kong destroy them lol.

So what do you guys think about Natalya match loss (which was an awful match btw), and Melina's future?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
is it me or was eve gone from tv for months before just appeared out of nowhere and won the title.
I guess she just is a media champion for wrestlemania promotions.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it me or was eve gone from tv for months before just appeared out of nowhere and won the title.
I guess she just is a media champion for wrestlemania promotions.
well yeah that is what a lot are commenting on. I think Eve is great with the Media and maybe she did get the title for that reason, but her in ring performance is pretty good as well with that moonsault and neckbreaker. Maybe that is why The Miz has been WWE champion for this long, he enjoys doing media work and getting that attention and the WWE may enjoy that as not many WWE Champions have agreed to this much media/talk shows

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I would say they are building up tag match for the divas at WM. Probably Bellas/Melina vs Eve/Natalya/Beth. Don't know how LayCool would figure into those plans tho.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I know Melina is not well liked backstage and is a head case thus the lack of air time.
I remembered the WWE was not happy with her at all after she made a twitter post back in September regarding the WWE Women's Championship being retired. She said something along the lines of the WWE disrespecting the history of the title and keeping the Divas title was an insult to the Women in the WWE or something like that. I totally agree with what she said in her twitter post, but the WWE didn't take to kindly to it and since there she has only received one championship match....and that is between now and September (5 months)

I would say they are building up tag match for the divas at WM. Probably Bellas/Melina vs Eve/Natalya/Beth. Don't know how LayCool would figure into those plans tho.
OH GOD NO NO NO NO no offence to your opinion but I hope they don't do that. There hasn't been a Championship match at wrestlemania for the divas in 4 years....well I count 5 since the Wrestlemania 23 one was crap. I want a great divas title match at mania instead of another stupid tag match.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i dont think its the end for natalya at all. i think what they did made sense. dont change the champion a week before a ppv on FREE TV. the way she won it made sense too. they both looked good..the ending was a little sloppy, but it worked. eve got one over on natalya. it was a clean win. she outsmarted her opponent, who just so happens to be one of the best divas in the company. it gave her some credibility. didn't take anything away from natalya. was eve lucky? yes, of course, but it proved that she CAN beat someone who is grades above her. and btw, eve isn't that bad at all to begin with. and also, i think it will set up an awesome kong debut and eve will be the sacrificial lamb. i think what distracted everyone from the match was the fact that cole and mathews were chatting it up about a completely different storyline with completely different people during a FUCKING TITLE MATCH...i dont care if it's the "divas" title...it's a FUCKING TITLE MATCH! cole and mathews are great together, but sometimes i really wish they'd just shut the fuck up and call the fucking match.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If more Diva's could put on interesting matches, and wear something other than skanky dresses I might care about the pushes and pulls. But as it stands, I see Natalya as the single major talent in that division. Due to the shortness and nature of Diva's matches they really have done nothing to put anyone over. Though Lay Cool is starting to look better now that they are, you know, wrestling!

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think what distracted everyone from the match was the fact that cole and mathews were chatting it up about a completely different storyline with completely different people during a FUCKING TITLE MATCH...i dont care if it's the "divas" title...it's a FUCKING TITLE MATCH! cole and mathews are great together, but sometimes i really wish they'd just shut the fuck up and call the fucking match.
Oh Hell YES!! The did that a couple of weeks ago on Smackdown when Beth went against Layla or Michelle, a Divas match was going on and through 75% of it they talked about the World title and the storyline regarding that and it was before Laycool got involved in the world title feud, I was so pissed off. Yeah I know a regular divas match isn't a HUGE commentary starter, but have some friggen respect for the women and call the fricken match and stop talking about irrelevant stuff.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
OH GOD NO NO NO NO no offence to your opinion but I hope they don't do that. There hasn't been a Championship match at wrestlemania for the divas in 4 years....well I count 5 since the Wrestlemania 23 one was crap. I want a great divas title match at mania instead of another stupid tag match.
I want a title match too. Just thought that's the direction they are taking based on the backstage brawl they had. Would love to see a Kong vs Beth match for the title but you just know LayCool is going to be involved if the title's on the line.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Either way who fucking cares? That was quite possibly the worst match I have ever seen and I've seen some real stinkers it was trash from the start and it ended just as bad. The whole Diva's title is fucking stupid the Womens title should be the front runner for the womens division. Having real women wrestlers like Gail Kim, Natalya, and Beth Pheonix setting the pace not this. Bring us KONG!!! :gun:

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The whole Diva's title is fucking stupid the Womens title should be the front runner!
lol you are preaching to the choir Apex, I am a big fan of the Divas division and have been for my 10 years of watching the WWE and I 100% agree the Divas title should NOT be in the WWE, and if they have to have it, change the look of it to something respectable. Now yes I admit I do like the title more then I did at first but I still agree it should not be in the WWE anymore and if it has to be, put it BACK ON SMACKDOWN and let the bad wrestling divas fight for it and put all the great WWE diva wrestlers on RAW, bring back the Women's title and make the division amazing again!!!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Melina is not disliked backstage, she has a lot of friends and is close with a lot of people. Dirt sheet tossers at it again.

As for Natalya, I think it's the end of the push for the time being. To be fair though, Nikki Bella is good and does deserve a chance.

The problem with Eve is that she might be good with the media but the fans just don't care.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Melina might not remain the top heel, but they still have use for her. Eve is great in that she is college educated, decent enough in the ring to be called a "wrestler" and not have everyone laugh, and she is well spoken. But unfortunately, no one cares about her on the show.

And Melina is considered to be a tad over-emotional, but she is liked well enough by most people it seems.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Melina might not remain the top heel, but they still have use for her.
So? That might mean a lot to us as some divas can definitely be seen by us fans as great wrestlers and be useful to the WWE, but unfortunately some of them still get released or drastically under used AKA Gail Kim. Just because we see Melina useful to the WWE, unfortunately it doesn't mean WWE will

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I think this is nothing new, the booking of divas division is usually like this, they book one diva to the top and once she loses the title she's demoted to the bottom of the card, or, just slightly depushed. Case in point: Maryse, Alicia Fox, LayCool, Melina, Eve (she was R-Truth's cheerleader at one point fpalm). Natalya's push might end for now to give other divas the spotlight, but she will definitely regain the Divas title at some point and gets her spotlight back, just like what Eve currently does. I kinda agree with you on Melina, WWE will probably use her simply as an enhancement talent considering her age, similar to Victoria's role near the end of her run in the company.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Natalya isn't going anywhere, but she is out of the title picture for a while.

I honestly believe Melina is going to get released after Mania. That's normally when the spring cleaning begins.

As for Eve being a media champion...yeah, I think I posted a thread on that. Not saying it's completely true, but you'll notice that the more often you promote the company, the more likely you are of holding a title.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The womans division is always based on the title. So whenever a diva loses it she has to take a backseat to the others feuding over it. Who can Natalya have a feud with now anyway? I prefer just having one feud in the diva's division. There aren't enough good workers there to have multiple feuds going on at the same time.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
Melina's day in the WWE is done, she may be kept around as a bit part figure but I think the backstage see her as a little too old now which is unfortunate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts