Wrestling Forum banner

7501 - 7516 of 7516 Posts

·
\m/
24,015 Posts
I’m playing it too. I’ve played P5 in Japanese (I imported the exclusive anniversary edition), got the platinum in the English language version and can say with any doubt that it enters my top three of favourite games of all time, along FFVI and Chrono Trigger (4th’d probably be Eternal Punishment, it depends on the day). The end of P5 was great, so I’m both fearful and excited to get to the definitive end of Royal.
It is truly an absolutely fantastic game. I haven't gotten the platinum but put over 100 hours on my first run and had a blast with it and am having a blast with it again with the Royal edition.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Playing WWE 2K20. It gets rightly raked over the coals for being a bad game, but I'm managing something decent with the Universe Mode. Trying to boost my YouTube channel by leaning more into the wrestling/fighting games. Was doing COD and Fortnite with my buddies and little brother, but I'm just terrible at any kind of shooter games. Sticking to what I know and am semi-good at.

·
Immovable
811 Posts

It's extremely rare that I buy a game at full price, but this one seems like it'll be worth it. I'm not very far yet, just beat Lady Butterfly. I actually felt right at home because it was kind of like the Okatsu fight in Nioh. The mini-bosses have been pretty interesting so far, too. Chained Ogre and Juzou the Drunkard were fun. Chained Ogre was throwing drop kicks and dropping elbows!

·
The face that runs the List
10,511 Posts
It's crazy how many games I bought during quarantine and all of them I played before. So I'm currently on Odyssey Gold Edition although I played the game when it came out. The disappointment from TLOU2 forced me to go back to older games, there's nothing new that I'm interested in.

·
Premium Member
16,889 Posts
Beat BioShock Infinite. I recently played through all 3 BioShocks. #1 holds up and is without a doubt one of the greatest video games of all time. I was in awe at how current the game felt, but still held it's individuality. #2 was fine; didn't finish Minerva's den because I wanted to start Infinite. Infinite is ok. It was such a different game than BioShock it's hard to compare. Playing the ending sequence is bad, but the actual ending's story is good. It wasn't executed well, but I did like the story. Shame they couldn't handle it well.

I'm playing the Last of Us for the 3rd time. I didn't make it past the first hour or so the first two time, but I'm forcing myself to play it now since it's highly acclaimed. I hope it picks up fast because it's just plodding around and occasionally fighting thugs.

Loved Hat in Time, but what's this? Is this a meme or is there a new StarFox game? And, how terrible is it?

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,103 Posts
Loved Hat in Time, but what's this? Is this a meme or is there a new StarFox game? And, how terrible is it?
Queen Vanessa has no chill. 😐Currently 70+% complete and I purchased the Nyakuza Metro DLC to go with the free Seal the Deal DLC code my copy came with because this game deserved it for being such a charming love letter to platformers of yesteryear.

Starlink is basically the love child of Star Fox and No Man's Sky. Even though I've been a SF fan since the SNES, I picked Starlink up only a month ago instead of at launch 2 years ago because of the 1-2 punch of a price drop and the Crimson Moon DLC expanding the SF-related content by making Falco, Peppy and Slippy playable AND bringing Leon, Pigma and Andrew into the fray to join Wolf.

To be totally honest, especially considering the flack Ubisoft gets, Starlink really surprised me with how it's almost totally my ideal Star Fox game for this day and age:

- Banter between your teammates (especially the SF crew) is generally entertaining and feels organic thanks to solid voice acting across the cast.

- Piloting your ship feels great because you're basically in permanent All-Range Mode (by extension, traveling across space and planets feels pretty damn good because of the nice visual aesthetics and generally solid audio).

- The degree of ship customization is solid, with the weapon interchangeability in particular being a fun mechanic that is supplemented by a pretty cool arsenal that thankfully isn't tied down to the toys-to-life figures made for the game. On a related note, it also encourages you to strategize your loadout accordingly (and even on the fly if need be) because of how certain enemies possess a resistance/weakness to certain weapon types.

- The planets each have nice visual aesthetics and fairly interesting fauna. Due to each planet initially having a handful of sentient, yet peaceful aliens, you can steadily increase their numbers by repelling the Forgotten Legion (the main baddies) and/or outlaws, as well as completing different types of side quests, all of which sounds like stuff that a mercenary team like Star Fox is damn-near tailored made for.

Ubisoft was smart/clever by nabbing Star Fox for the Switch version, because they and their related content are far and away the most entertaining aspect of the game (although I will give credit where credit is due when it comes to Eli, Startail, Rankor and Fortune being fun original characters in their own right in regard to designs and personalities).

The plot is a by-the-book "save the world from a generic doomsday cult" story; although it's not a snoozefest, as someone who has become much more invested with good stories in muh vidya as I've grown up, I honestly couldn't see myself picking up non-Switch versions of the game unless I had a kid that liked space-related stuff and toys so I could play it with them.

Aside from that, my only other major gripe is the Star Fox-related weapons and modifications being woefully outclassed by the Starlink weapons in regard to utility, with the Arwing's signature laser cannons not being capable of utilizing any mods whatsoever unlike any of the Starlink weapons.

TL;DR: A team of Frenchies and Canucks upstaged Miyamoto when it came to making a pretty damn good Star Fox game that actually feels like it's made for the 21st century

·
The face that runs the List
10,511 Posts
Beat BioShock Infinite. I recently played through all 3 BioShocks. #1 holds up and is without a doubt one of the greatest video games of all time. I was in awe at how current the game felt, but still held it's individuality. #2 was fine; didn't finish Minerva's den because I wanted to start Infinite. Infinite is ok. It was such a different game than BioShock it's hard to compare. Playing the ending sequence is bad, but the actual ending's story is good. It wasn't executed well, but I did like the story. Shame they couldn't handle it well.
I'm playing the Last of Us for the 3rd time. I didn't make it past the first hour or so the first two time, but I'm forcing myself to play it now since it's highly acclaimed. I hope it picks up fast because it's just plodding around and occasionally fighting thugs.
Loved all three Bioshock games but the first one was so good it was hard to do better later on. It was a lot creepier too.
TLoU starts rather slowly but it picks up when you get to Bill's town.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Trying to play everything on the Switch at once!!

You see, I've been a Nintendo fangirl since the original came out when I was 7. I tried the PS1, never tried Xbox.

I had all the systems, up to and including the Wii. But I have been working 80-120 hours a week for the last decade, so I never tried getting a Switch. The "silver lining" in getting robbed ad gunpoint and losing my job is that I can now play, so I got one almost two weeks ago.

TL, DR: Currently trying to play as many Switch games as I can:

1. Animal Crossing-been a fan since the original.
2. Cuphead-I CANNOT believe this game is only 19.99 on e-Shop!! It is flipping AMAZING!! GO watch the trailer!!**
3. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Gold Edition-got yesterday, there is a 75% off sale in webshop. Normally $79.99,got it for $19.99. thud if you don't have it, stop what you're doing and go look at the e-shop!
4. Super Mario Maker 2
5. LoZ: BotW
6. LoZ: Link's Awakening
7. What Remains of Edith Finch
8. Bendy and the Ink Machine
9. Deadly Preminitions Origins
10. Uno (50% off as of yesterday)
11. Monopoly (also 75% off as of yesterday)
12. Fitness Boxing
13. NES
14. Super NES

Waiting on the collectors edition of Hollow Knight and Undertale. If you've never been to the Fangamers website, be prepared to lose all willpower.

I cannot express how OVER the moon I was when they announced Paper Mario last week. It's my favorite Mario incarnation!!

Wow, that was long. Anyways, would love to play with y'all!

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,103 Posts
Just finished A Hat in Time.

Really disappointed that the devs didn't take notes from Yooka-Laylee in regard to how a map can make a world of difference, especially for Subcon Forest, Arctic Cruise, and Nyakuza Metro. It got to the point that after nabbing every Time Piece in Chapters 1 through 4, act 2 of Arctic Cruise pissed me off to the point that I simply nabbed 1 Time Piece from acts 1 of both AC and NM and then promptly ditched them in order to clear Chapter 5 and finish the game. Like seriously, you can whip up not 1 but 2 new levels for DLC, but a map of all things is out of the question? 😐Aside from the lack of a map, the frame rate gets very slightly spastic, but it's thankfully not too jarring and happens only very sporadically.

In regard to positives, the boss battles were a solid surprise in regard to their challenge and ingenuity. The amount of collectables is decent at best/slightly meager at worst, instead of being overabundant for the sake of paying homage to Banjo-Kazooie like Yooka-Laylee did.

The cast is wonderfully charming, thanks to their designs and voice acting being solid (Hat Kid, Snatcher, Empress, the seals, and the nomads are my particular favorites). Each and every level is lovely; although Alpine Skyline is my favorite, every other level was (map issues notwithstanding) fun to immerse myself in. Soundtrack is pretty good, with Subcon Forest's standing out in particular because of its eeriness, especially in regard to Queen Vanessa.

Overall, it'd give it an 8/10 (which is 0.25 points higher than what I personally scored Yooka-Laylee). It's definitely a solid debut for Gears for Breakfast, but a "definitive edition" that includes the DLC for free, fixes the frame rate, and actually implements a map could easily persuade me to bump it up to an 8.5/10.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Been playing through the new Streets of Rage game, to kill time before I get the FFVII Remake for my birthday. Obviously not up to the level of the first two games in the series, but definitely an improvement on the third one. Plenty of unlockable characters and a decent challenge, although the music is a disappointment for a SoR game (you can choose to have a retro soundtrack though).

7501 - 7516 of 7516 Posts