Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA Tag Champion Hernandez's contract with the company will expire soon, assuming the two sides haven't struck a new deal since the last television taping.

Powell's POV: People within the company aren't asking whether Hernandez will re-sign as much as they are questioning whether TNA will or should make him an offer. The company was very high on him at one time, but the widespread feeling is that he has not shown much improvement.
Source: ProWrestling

TBH, really wouldn't be bothered if he went. Hate Mexican America. Miss LAX :(

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Should never have left AAA. Konnan pulls the strings, so he will always have the chance to return.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Both Mexican America and LAX suck the big one. TNA would be better off without MA.

I think because of the latin tour coming up TNA will resign him. That time could be such better put to use. Hernandez is 38, TNA needs to move even younger than they are moving now. I am sure there is a star in Mexico that is under 31-32 that is big around 6' plus that TNA could pluck and sign.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Both Mexican America and LAX suck the big one. TNA would be better off without MA.

I think because of the latin tour coming up TNA will resign him. That time could be such better put to use. Hernandez is 38, TNA needs to move even younger than they are moving now. I am sure there is a star in Mexico that is under 31-32 that is big around 6' plus that TNA could pluck and sign.
El Zorro is and has been under TNA contract. He is just waiting to debut. Considering his standing in the AAA promotion he would probably be a much wiser choice.

As for Hernandez, the guy is terrible. Get him off my television screen permanently, as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
He really hasn't lived up to what was thought to be high potential. The guy is a brute that is as strong as an ox, but can also do amazingly athletic things like diving over the top rope. However, this year has seen a major down turn for him, namely how he protects his opponents. This year alone, I believe Douglas Williams, Jessie Neal, & James Storm have all gotten hurt working with them, the first two having been dropped on their heads.

And The Mexican America act is just a bad rehash of LAX, nothing more. When that team broke up, I thought Super Mex would be the star in singles competition. My low opinion of Homicide hasn't changed, but Hernandez has really failed to impress since he came back from neck surgery this year.

So honestly, I wouldn't mind losing him.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
There was some major plans for him around late 08, I'd agree though that he hasn't lived up to the hype, it's a shame but TNA dropped the ballwith him, I don't think a lower card spot motivates him anymore, still no excuse foe being unsafe

·
Registered
377 Posts
El Zorro is and has been under TNA contract. He is just waiting to debut. Considering his standing in the AAA promotion he would probably be a much wiser choice.

As for Hernandez, the guy is terrible. Get him off my television screen permanently, as soon as possible.
Eh, Zorro is 36 and not really in good shape. He is a old school Mexican wrestler and that style usually don't fly in the USA cause every strike or move they do looks extremely weak.

I'm hoping for someone younger that wrestles a more American or Japanese style that looks good on TV. That is the one glaring thing about Mexican pro wrestling, it looks so fake. He is under TNA contract so it will probably be him but he is a bad choice in my opinion.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I can't say Id be sad if he goes. In fact, I would probably be happy. I cannot stand Mexican America and Hernandez has hurt way too many people recently. He's a hazard to other wrestlers and the promotion.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
His age is irrelevant if he can go and he can go...well he used to. He has the ability to. He's still mobile. I just don't know what happened around the time he came back. Before that when he was SuperMex (I hated the gimmick...moreso the attire, but he was interesting) he was real nice and LAX were always good in my books.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
He'll have a great spot in Mexico if he leaves so I wouldn't worry too much about his wrestling career.

Hernandez was getting the Gunner/Crimson push in 2009 until it just died and he's been in tag team purgatory since but eh. Whatever.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
He's unsafe and pushing 40. Cut him and Anarchia. They've injured several people and as a consequence just about shut down the tag team division.

·
Registered
180 Posts
...However, this year has seen a major down turn for him, namely how he protects his opponents. This year alone, I believe Douglas Williams, Jessie Neal, & James Storm have all gotten hurt working with them, the first two having been dropped on their heads.

So honestly, I wouldn't mind losing him.
There was some major plans for him around late 08, I'd agree though that he hasn't lived up to the hype, it's a shame but TNA dropped the ballwith him, I don't think a lower card spot motivates him anymore, still no excuse foe being unsafe
I can't say Id be sad if he goes. In fact, I would probably be happy. I cannot stand Mexican America and Hernandez has hurt way too many people recently. He's a hazard to other wrestlers and the promotion.

Dittttttto. He has hurt too many of TNA's entertaining talent and now we can't see them. Screwwwwww him.

If WWE takes him, he will probably hurt their wrestlers too and WWE won't put up with that. I really don't think he has what it takes for WWE. He would need FCW hahaha.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I fully expect they’ll resign him but honestly believe they’d be better off opting not to. For one he’s careless and has injured or nearly injured quite a number of people this year. He’s also a bad promo and is at best average in the ring, and that’s after being in the company for years and being teamed with and booked against a lot of good workers who could help him improve. He hasn’t had one stand out performance (in a good way) since LAX ended. Then there’s the fact they’re trying to make him a star to the Latin community despite his horrendous Spanish and having nothing going for him than his size, which they often expose by putting him in the ring with larger guys. No matter how hard they try and how many AAA tours they have him do, he’s not going to be a Mexican star. There are far better options out there to try and have fill that spot.

If they are looking to make more cuts and I say they’d could easily do without Hernandez and think he should go before many of the other potential cuts. I don’t see one positive thing he contributes. Anarquia could probably go too. Right now that stable is at the very least one of the top four worst acts in the company.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts