Wrestling Forum banner

Current state of WWE product. (Post any opinions)

1261 17
Right now I think that the current product is semi heading in the right direction, but there needs to be some changes. Im a regular Raw viewer, and I rarely watch SD, but get the info from here and other sources. I think that if the WWE wants to be a power again and wants to be taken seriously they need to go away from the kiddie bullshit and go towards where the real money is, the 18-60 crowd. I know I still watch WWE with my father every monday just like I did when I was a kid. I think that Morrison should be pushed as the second coming of HBK because he has the same look, but sadly his mic skills arent as good, but I think he can excel in that role. I also think that Ziggler should move to Raw and be given some sort of Mr. Perfect gimmick. Rehashing these old gimmicks will help intrigue the older viewers. Lastly, fresh new storylines need to be in place. Rehashing storylines is just boring and dull. Face it, there will never be another NWO, so stop doing hostile takeover storylines. Wrestling in the late 90's had that WOW! factor, and quite frankly there is no WOW! factor anymore, wrestling has become so predictable, and it is sad. The product needs to be shaken up a lot.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need to be a dick, I posted this because I felt like ranting and wanted to see if everyone else has the same idea as myself. Just wanted some feedback. I love wrestling more than the next guy, but I see myself being left angry and disappointed by the WWE more and more lately.

Reactions: Demandred

· Premium Member
24,366 Posts
I think it's passable. They were doing decent job to start off the year (on Raw, don't really watch much SD) but last nights raw was a steaming pile of crap. I hate most of the FCW clones though aka like 90% of the roster.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
WWE has no reason to change what they are doing right now. They are the only legitimate wrestling company in the US. Until they have some competition, drastic changes are unnecessary. And that includes TV-14. The "kiddie bullshit" is a gold mine.

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
They won't be heading in a good direction until they stop burying:

ALL young talent

ALL heels

Triple H burying the entire roster in one promo (something not even the hulkster could do) didn't help
Seriously? People are taking this way too far. Had Jericho came out and said that nobody would have blinked an eye. I honestly didn't even realize the 'burial' until I came on here and saw everybody having a hissy fit over it. He listed his accomplishments and then said that him and Taker are the last two of an era. His comments are hardly worthy of being mentioned as the crux of a problem.

I'm with you on the other two though. WWE seriously need to start really pushing their youth because for all the hype this so called youth movement has been getting, they haven't created a single legitimate star all year yet have managed to destroy several prospects.

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
Seriously? People are taking this way too far. Had Jericho came out and said that nobody would have blinked an eye. I honestly didn't even realize the 'burial' until I came on here and saw everybody having a hissy fit over it. He listed his accomplishments and then said that him and Taker are the last two of an era. His comments are hardly worthy of being mentioned as the crux of a problem.

I'm with you on the other two though. WWE seriously need to start really pushing their youth because for all the hype this so called youth movement has been getting, they haven't created a single legitimate star all year yet have managed to destroy several prospects.

Yea WWE says its in a youth movement but really they just throw one young guy into the main event without a push after another. And now we have Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Ted DiBiase, Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett, all potential long term stars, looking like jokes.

As for Trips, if he had just said he and Taker were the last of an Era thats no problem. What he said though word for word was "I look back in that locker room and there are no challenges". He just put down every last member of the roster. Including the main eventers.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Yeah, nobody would've blinked an eye because it's Jericho. He's a glorified jobber who happens to hold a lot of belts, whereas Triple H is basically booked as a supreme being in WWE. I don't think it's gonna hurt anybody's position on the card, but still, for the guy who's gonna take over the company, much less at a time when WWE is desperately trying to make new stars, to come out and basically say "EVERYBODY IN THE COMPANY EXCEPT ME AND UNDERTAKER ARE IRRELEVANT, FUCK ALL YOU", I can't imagine too many people were pleased. He basically shit on everybody INCLUDING John Cena and Randy Orton.

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts

Jericho doesn't have the power to make what he says in the ring completely true, but if triple H says something its because you know he has the ranking and control to do and book himself as whatever the hell he feels like. So you might as well just except the Triple H hate because its never gonna go away because the hate for him is somewhat accurate.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
Yea WWE says its in a youth movement but really they just throw one young guy into the main event without a push after another. And now we have Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Ted DiBiase, Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett, all potential long term stars, looking like jokes.

As for Trips, if he had just said he and Taker were the last of an Era thats no problem. What he said though word for word was "I look back in that locker room and there are no challenges". He just put down every last member of the roster. Including the main eventers.
All of those guys are very young to the business. Where do you think HHH, HBK, John Cena and the like were when they first got to WWE?

Give those guys some time.

· Premium Member
24,366 Posts
Triple H was literally a jobber for like 2 years. He jobbed to THE STALKER, HENRY GODWINN (in pig slop) and Ultimate Warrior in 12 seconds. McIntyre, Sheamus, Swagger, DiBiase and Barrett are fucking Hulk Hogan compared to what he was in his early days.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Imo, WWE are in the stage of rebuilding the product and establishing the next generation of stars, so business and creativity wise WWE probably is heading the right direction. But right now at this point in time, the quality of the product is suffering.

· Registered
4,644 Posts
"I look back in that locker room and there are no challenges"
you also forget one other thing he said is "nothing else will matter".. he talkabout only 2 left but what about Edge and Christian from attitude era? 2 of most talented and more over than HHH(he first come back nothing but negativity-soon we hear rant about hogging spotlight)...i feel really bad for Sheamus, don't know what he do wrong but got buried. didn't HHH lost to Undertaker @ WM few years back? why now? as predicted HHH come back 2 WM standing on the spotlight..HHH is on of the guy can't get away from the spotlight.

· Registered
497 Posts
you also forget one other thing he said is "nothing else will matter".. he talkabout only 2 left but what about Edge and Christian from attitude era? 2 of most talented and more over than HHH(he first come back nothing but negativity-soon we hear rant about hogging spotlight)...i feel really bad for Sheamus, don't know what he do wrong but got buried. didn't HHH lost to Undertaker @ WM few years back? why now? as predicted HHH come back 2 WM standing on the spotlight..HHH is on of the guy can't get away from the spotlight.
Edge and Christian are not more popular than Triple H. Also, Triple H was around long before the Attitude Era and much longer than Edge and Christian.

· KAMEHAMEHA!
33,856 Posts
The state of the WWE is very saddening. It has nothing to do with the WOW factor (well maybe it does, but that's the last thing they should be worried about). Profitable or not, the company's run in providing entertainment is in the shits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.