Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Original Cenobite
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so..the last month or so has been a very interesting time for me as a wrestling "fan". I put fan in quotes because honestly, I've only sporadically watched wrestling over the last 5 years. Whether this is a popular opinion or not, Mr. John Cena killed it for me..well, rather the way he was babyface booked down my throat every time I wanted to catch some rasslin did. Cena is good in the ring no doubt but I'm not 11 and I don't really like my wrestling being solely booked around kids and what they'll buy..no offense to the 11 year olds who might read this.

Any who, I started watching again about a month ago and what a strange new world I stumbled in to..miz is world champ...that one almost crippled me when I heard it but then a strange thing happened..something that I never would have imagined would EVER happen intact..I kinda marked for him. I mean, compared to 5 years ago, the miz has come miles further in his development as a wrestler and I can buy him as a world champ. Same with Morrison, that guys improved quite alot since the last time I saw him as well. Another strange thing was having to listen to fucking Michelle Cole all night..now I've personally hated MC since the first day he walked into WWE, not sure why but his frosted ass nut hair made me want to punch kittens til they die and I sorta like kitten..plus not hearing good 'ol JR was pretty depressing as well, then I realized how perfect Cole was for a heel announcer because for whatever reason I'm not alone in hating Cole, that stupid mother fucked has some real heat with fans and if you're booing him..he's being effective.

In conclusion, I'm not sure what to think. Iwent in a month ago expecting to hate what I saw and oddly enough I haven't missed an episode of Raw anyway all month..god help me, but I think I'm a wrestling fan again.

Also, on a personal note, it was awesome to see that Punk is still maineventing. As somebody who watched him in ROH, he deserves the push he's gotten from WWE. It's also cool to see Vince push somebody he didn't create, that doesn't happen often.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Alright so..the last month or so has been a very interesting time for me as a wrestling "fan". I put fan in quotes because honestly, I've only sporadically watched wrestling over the last 5 years. Whether this is a popular opinion or not, Mr. John Cena killed it for me..well, rather the way he was babyface booked down my throat every time I wanted to catch some rasslin did. Cena is good in the ring no doubt but I'm not 11 and I don't really like my wrestling being solely booked around kids and what they'll buy..no offense to the 11 year olds who might read this.

Any who, I started watching again about a month ago and what a strange new world I stumbled in to..miz is world champ...that one almost crippled me when I heard it but then a strange thing happened..something that I never would have imagined would EVER happen intact..I kinda marked for him. I mean, compared to 5 years ago, the miz has come miles further in his development as a wrestler and I can buy him as a world champ. Same with Morrison, that guys improved quite alot since the last time I saw him as well. Another strange thing was having to listen to fucking Michelle Cole all night..now I've personally hated MC since the first day he walked into WWE, not sure why but his frosted ass nut hair made me want to punch kittens til they die and I sorta like kitten..plus not hearing good 'ol JR was pretty depressing as well, then I realized how perfect Cole was for a heel announcer because for whatever reason I'm not alone in hating Cole, that stupid mother fucked has some real heat with fans and if you're booing him..he's being effective.

In conclusion, I'm not sure what to think. Iwent in a month ago expecting to hate what I saw and oddly enough I haven't missed an episode of Raw anyway all month..god help me, but I think I'm a wrestling fan again.

Also, on a personal note, it was awesome to see that Punk is still maineventing. As somebody who watched him in ROH, he deserves the push he's gotten from WWE. It's also cool to see Vince push somebody he didn't create, that doesn't happen often.
I think Vince didn't even care about his ROH run because its an indy company but if it was something like TNA or WCW i'm sure Punk wouldn't be getting the push that he's been getting

·
Original Cenobite
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, what I meant about that Punk bit was Vince didnt even try to rehaul Punk's character and that really suprised me. I'm fairly sure Vince knew enough to know where Punk came from and there was definitely enough people behind the scenes that knew who punk had been. I was just truly shocked that WWE didn't completely change him..I mean look what they did to Brian Danielson.

·
Banned
291 Posts
The only thing that has ever made me take time off of WWE is Cena and Orton raping the main event.

Although they're still up there way too much, I see such a bright future with all these new stars.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Well, what I meant about that Punk bit was Vince didnt even try to rehaul Punk's character and that really suprised me. I'm fairly sure Vince knew enough to know where Punk came from and there was definitely enough people behind the scenes that knew who punk had been. I was just truly shocked that WWE didn't completely change him..I mean look what they did to Brian Danielson.
Paul Heyman saved Punk when he debuted if not for him he would've gotten a stupid name and gimmick

·
Original Cenobite
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I remember hearing that when he first came in. From what I've seen from watching sporadically mind you, it looks like he carried the ball pretty well and opened the WWE door to alot of guys who Prolly wouldn't have gotten hired by WWE otherwise. He also broke the glass celing for guys who May have not other wise gotten a push.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.