Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the sudden influx of draws and big (in Flair/Hogan's case, huge) names in the last 12 months or so, which current star in TNA simply draws the most with TNA being what it is, in which I mean is not even remotely close to WWE's size and star power as a brand.

I believe hogan is, even though he's not an active wrestler, I still believe that for a company of TNA's size he brings in casual viewers and wrestling fans, simply because of his name, it would be like if Austin returned to his sheriff role now, he'd be the biggest star/draw simply because of his presence if Cena/Taker etc weren't there (as TNA don't have the Cena/Taker level of draws currently). Oh, and Mr Jeff Hardy closely follows.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Probably Hogan, even though, he hardly ever is on screen. I used to think TNA is an indy wrestling company and didn't give a shit about it until Hogan came in.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Mickie James and her ass LOL

Really though from ratings the Kos,Kurt Angle thats all really

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
John Cena, Rey Mysterio (internationally) and maybe the Undertaker are the only draws in professional wrestling.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It was Daffney untill the brains of TNA decided to keep her off tv

people like Hogan, Sting, Nash etc dont draw crap anymore, wrestling fans dont want to see their corny promos and especially dont want to see them in the ring while casual fans dont give a crap about wrestling in its current state. Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, RVD, knockouts (even though the division is barely alive these days) is what draws at the moment. they have so much talent in the company and the sad thing is none of them (apart from AJ) are the top draws thanks to the way TNA have handled them over the last 18months

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Kurt Angle & Velvet Sky.

If I were running TNA Kurt Angle would have been the champ the last year and people would be working their asses off to get to his level kayfabe.

But yeah, no one is really a major draw.

John Cena was but even he is slipping with low ratings and crappy live attendance. But he is still waaaay ahead of the rest.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Jeff Hardy by a mile

The extent of most casual wrestling fans' TNA knowledge is limited to the fact that it's "the company Jeff Hardy went to".

That my friends is called a draw! It's just hard to draw fans that aren't there.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts