Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current plans call for a homecoming, of sorts, for WWE Legends. The thought is to bring back elements from each era in hopes of attracting a larger audience. The following contains the thought process of WWE officials in regards to the different superstars listed below.

Bill Goldberg: There is talk of a match against Ryback with Goldberg going over. Both sides have been open to negotiations and while nothing is set in stone, things are looking "positive".

John Cena: He is currently slated to defend the WHC up to WM30. This is to give prestige back to the WHC in the eyes of the universe before culminating in a championship unification match against Randy Orton.

The Undertaker: Taker is going to be at mania despite no word on an appearance thus far. There are several names being played around with for an opponent, but there is a lot of speculation that STING will finally sign with the company. Word is, he has been "closer than we know" in the past and he feels the landmark event of WM30 would be the biggest opportunity. If plans fall though, Brock Lesnar has been mentioned as a backup.

Ultimate Warrior: Officials are hopeful that Warrior will be the major name inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. He is not expected to be involved in any physical manner.

The Rock: There are currently no plans for The Rock in regards to WM30, but there is hope that he will at least be able to film a short vignette to be played during the show.

Hulk Hogan: The Hulkster is expected to be a surprise 3rd man in a 6 man tag match between Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and the Wyatt Family. It's likely that Hulk will reveal his participation in the match the Raw before Mania to build hype.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Rattlesnake is expected to take part in a match as a special guest referee, likely the championship unification match or a match that would see control of the company involving the McMahons.

Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels will also be in attendance as part of the preshow panel.

This is the current plan that officials hope will pan out, and any that do not come to fruition will be supplemented with current talent or legends already signed to Legends Contracts.

PLEASE NOTE***THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE CARD. IT IS JUST THE CURRENT HOPES BACKSTAGE OF WHERE WE WILL BE COME WRESTLEMANIA SEASON***

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I like the idea of a championship unification match (It's time -- no need for two belts anymore). But Randy Orton vs John Cena? This isn't 2006.

Stone Cold as referee ... well, we'll see. He's done that so many times since retirement.

I'm fine with the Hogan plan.

I don't want to see Brock vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. This is a good match for another PPV; just not 'Mania because of the streak. It's too obvious who the winner will be.

Hopefully Rock comes back to fight Lesnar.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
My thoughts:

Ryback Vs Goldberg would be ok. I feel like this should be a huge match, but if it takes place at WrestleMania, it would probably be the 3rd or 4th biggest match of the night. Fans wouldn't be interested in it at all. Goldberg's old, Ryback can't carry a match. This match would probably be a 5 minute squash. Not really interesting at all.

Undertaker Vs Sting. PLEASE, goddamn PLEASE give us this match. This is the last chance for it, I feel like. This match has been a dream match for so damn long. I remember being 3 or 4 years old and my friends would all talk about what would happened if WcW's Sting and WWE's Undertaker finally met? This is the last chance for it. They're both old, but I think they can still put on a classic.

Cena to unify the world titles? It's only right. The 2 world titles have been needing to unify for years now, I'm glad they're finally getting around this. Cena holding the 2 titles above his hand, with Stone Cold raising his arm is what I see here.

Warrior shouldn't wrestle, obviously not. I heavily doubt he could.

Haha Rock is not going to NOT have anything to do with WrestleMania 30. His last few matches have hurt him, so he probably won't wrestle. A promo from The Great One would be cool though. Honestly, I don't really want to see him wrestle. His last matches have been shitty.

Hogan teaming with 2 top faces to take on a heel trio? Sounds very "mehh" to me honestly. They should just have some heel come out and talk shit, and have hero Hogan come out in red and yellow, and toss him out, like he did to Muhammad Hassan at WrestleMania 21. That'd be nice to see.

Stone Cold as a special guest ref? Sounds good to me. Those matches where Austin guest refs are always cool.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Source?

And fpalm if the main event is Cena/Orton

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
outside the Bill Goldberg & WWE wanting Taker vs Sting with Brock/Taker as a backup clearly mentioned by F4WOnline, not sure where the other stuff came from.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Bret and HBK on the Panel would be hilarious, Bret would give every match a 4/10 and only mark for Natalya. All we'd need is someone like the Warrior or the Shiek to give it a totally different perspective and we'd be set ;)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I doubt Hogan will want to make his grand return to WWE and wrestle at wrestlemania in a 6 man tag, I really don't see Hogan agreeing to this.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I doubt Hogan will want to make his grand return to WWE and wrestle at wrestlemania in a 6 man tag, I really don't see Hogan agreeing to this.

I could see it, just not against the Wyatts

Authority (HHH, Orton, Kane) vs Hogan/Bryan/Show with Vince as special referee.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.