Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... thank you guys for filling me in on the yoko/luger situation and luger turning face... i've got another question....as a kid, i remember crush as the face and then as the heel. what made him make this turn? was it just because mr. fuji randomly convinced him to go against savage? i thought crush got destroyed by yokozuna by bonzai drop's... why did he then join yoko/mr fuji, just storyline shit?

thanks again, guys

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Crush (kayfabe) injured his back trying to body slam Yokozuna on the USS Intrepid. Savage convinced Crush to get in the ring with Yoko before he was 100%, with Savage allegedly telling him that he had his back.

Yoko gave Crush 4 Banzai Drops, all while Savage sat there and did nothing. Crush took this as Savage turning his back on him, because he wanted Crush out of the WWF. Crush claims in the promo that he saw the light (classic heel turn phrase), aligning with Master Fuji.

Savage gets in the ring and they seemingly patch things up, before Crush beats him down. Out comes Jim Cornette and Yoko, to whom Crush bows to. Classic shit right there.

Crush was pretty badass as a heel, IMO. The black attire and black / purple / silver face paint looked awesome. Shame it didn't last long.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Don't forget that Savage had to choose between commantating and wrestling again, and he choose to remain in the broadcasters booth(In kayfabe), therefore banning him from any physical activity.

So he couldn't help Crush, and that triggered the heel turn.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Heel Crush was even worse than Face Crush imo, but it sounds like a pretty great angle that I don't remember very well for some reason. Perhaps because I was never into Crush....ever.

·
Banned
810 Posts
Heel Crush was even worse than Face Crush imo, but it sounds like a pretty great angle that I don't remember very well for some reason. Perhaps because I was never into Crush....ever.
So if you don't remember the absolute biggest thing he did in his heel run.....how can you judge him as a heel?

WWF messed up in not doing much of anything with him after the Savage feud. He had a great turn, a pretty good feud, and a decent mania match with Savage. Even though he lost, that should've propelled him into a good heel run, but they didn't use him for much after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts