Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are some moments people can think of, where a superstar, catchphrase, or a move, became popular because of the crowd/city itself that night at the WWE event. Regardless if the popularity stayed or just died down after awhile.

Some more recent examples:
Miami Crowd(night after WM28) with the YES chants,while Bryan had been doing it for months before, that night really launched the YES chants into a new level

NY/NJ crowd(night after WM29) with "Fandangoing". People singing to the theme song and doing that dance. Mostly seemed to have died down, but it was REAL popular at the time(they even got Fandangos theme song on iTunes top 10 list in various countries!)

Toronto crowd(week before NOC 2013) going crazy during/after Cesaros giant swing. Ever since, that move seemed to be used every week by Cesaro now,something I don't think would've happened if the fans didn't care/react to the move.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I guess Philadelphia solidified the "we the people" chant.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Possibly CM Punk at MITB '11, in Chicago.

He previously held World titles, but was seen on a lower tier compared to Cena, Triple H, and the other top stars. The fans worshiped him that night, which made his win much more memorable. Without that fan reaction, it might not have been as strong a launching pad for him.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
What are some moments people can think of, where a superstar, catchphrase, or a move, became popular because of the crowd/city itself that night at the WWE event. Regardless if the popularity stayed or just died down after awhile.

Some more recent examples:
Miami Crowd(night after WM28) with the YES chants,while Bryan had been doing it for months before, that night really launched the YES chants into a new level

NY/NJ crowd(night after WM29) with "Fandangoing". People singing to the theme song and doing that dance. Mostly seemed to have died down, but it was REAL popular at the time(they even got Fandangos theme song on iTunes top 10 list in various countries!)

Toronto crowd(week before NOC 2013) going crazy during/after Cesaros giant swing. Ever since, that move seemed to be used every week by Cesaro now,something I don't think would've happened if the fans didn't care/react to the move.
Fixed.

The NJ crowd after WM 29 also did the first "Mike Chigoda" chants (yes I know that isn't how you spell his last name and no I don't really care).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts