Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen people get 10 years plus for selling weed and some people who murdered someone get less time.When it comes to punishing people there seems to be no unity.There are unfair verdicts handed out daily so I propose.....

Penalty be equal to the crime....

You kill someone.....you get killed.

You rob someone .....you and or your family get your funds emptied.

You rape someone.......you get the jist lol.

I think it woul deture more people from commitung crimes any thoughts wise members of wrestling forums?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, because the Death Penalty really scares people out of committing murders...

You don't believe people can be reformed while in prison?
Except the death penalty is hardly used and is reserved for like mass murderers if it was mandatory you die if you kill someone I think it would deture more people. I'd like to add in the method used for your death would be identical to the method you used.

You'd be surprised (maybe not) on how many people I know who have been or are currently in prison.I currently have 3 cousins doing 10+ years one doing 50 to life.I've had 5 friends do extended bids in San Quentin .......out of the 5, 3 of them are back in prison and 2 are dead.

Not many if any people are actually rehabilitated or changed for the better in prison.Most of the time you just learn more shit from other criminals and just hangout doing nothing.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
4,735 Posts
Except the death penalty is hardly used and is reserved for like mass murderers if it was mandatory you die if you kill someone I think it would deture more people. I'd like to add in the method used for your death would be identical to the method you used.
"Deter," and no, it wouldn't.

Not many if any people are actually rehabilitated or changed for the better in prison.Most of the time you just learn more shit from other criminals and just hangout doing nothing.
Plenty of people emerge from prison and are rehabilitated. I agree that recidivism is very high (83% for state prisoners in the US, according to the article below), but even a 17% rehabilitation rate is better than executing people. Christ, you need look no further than WWE to see that criminals can turn their lives around (Booker T, MVP).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

You'd be surprised (maybe not) on how many people I know who have been or are currently in prison.I currently have 3 cousins doing 10+ years one doing 50 to life.I've had 5 friends do extended bids in San Quentin .......out of the 5, 3 of them are back in prison and 2 are dead.

Yea but that's bc the American prison system sucks.

But you saying if some freak skinned someone alive, you want the executioner to do the same? Don't think you'll find many people volunteering to take that job...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Deter," and no, it wouldn't.

Plenty of people emerge from prison and are rehabilitated. I agree that recidivism is very high (83% for state prisoners in the US, according to the article below), but even a 17% rehabilitation rate is better than executing people. Christ, you need look no further than WWE to see that criminals can turn their lives around (Booker T, MVP).

Big difference in rehabilitating a thief or drug user then a murderer.You take someone's life you deserve to die or spend your life in prison until you die.Murderers dont deserve a second chance as their victims dont get redue.

Reactions: utvolzac

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea but that's bc the American prison system sucks.

But you saying if some freak skinned someone alive, you want the executioner to do the same? Don't think you'll find many people volunteering to take that job...
I'm sure a machine can be concocted.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahaha that's a lot of machines to invent. It would all be too "cruel & unusual” to be legal anyway.

My question to you is: why are the US & Japan the only prosperous countries that retain capital punishment?
Don't underestimate the enginuity of the American spirit lol.

We still got .....how can I say.....

BALLS!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can we also shake the tree of the Catholic Church to see how many child molesters fall out of it?
If theres evidence and they are convicted.....big bubba gonna get retribution over and over again.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
4,735 Posts
Big difference in rehabilitating a thief or drug user then a murderer.You take someone's life you deserve to die or spend your life in prison until you die.Murderers dont deserve a second chance as their victims dont get redue.
You ignored the point: death is not an effective deterrent for would-be murderers. It’s just not.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Hahaha that's a lot of machines to invent. It would all be too "cruel & unusual” to be legal anyway.

My question to you is: why are the US & Japan the only prosperous countries that retain capital punishment?
Are Biden and Harris likely to abolish the death penalty during their White House term? I seem to remember reading that they favour ending it and I imagine most Democrats in Congress would favour that unless your a Conservative Democrat like Joe Manchin but wondered if they can actually pull it off given the whole states rights thing and a conservative supreme court.

The death penalty seems to have come up a lot recently, with Trump approving a high number of death row inmates and there was even a rumour going about last week that Britain's Home Secretary was looking to bringing it back in the UK (although I highly doubt that would be possible given all the legislation they would need to tweak).

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If theres evidence and they are convicted.....big bubba gonna get retribution over and over again.
They keep buying their way out. Cardinal Mahony, who used to run the Los Angeles Archdiocese, oversaw a settlement of $660,000,000 in 2007 for 508 victims of sexual abuse. Other Archdiocese are going bankrupt. But, where are the arrests, perp walks, criminal trials, and sentencing?

A fitting punishment would be to take all pedophile priests, put them inside a giant Church, walk and tie a chain around the Church while pouring gasoline, then light a match and enjoy the BBQ.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You ignored the point: death is not an effective deterrent for would-be murderers. It’s just not.
Because every murderer isn't actually sentenced to death alot just rot in prison but your still alive.If it was guaranteed you die by the same method you killed someone that would drastically change.

·
Premium Member
17,381 Posts
What if you break in and enter your nation's capitol building? Should the punishment be you have to found your own country, get a system of government, and then have protestors break into your capitol building?

I'm happy for you OP. I wish I could be as high as you are right now.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They keep buying their way out. Cardinal Mahony, who used to run the Los Angeles Archdiocese, oversaw a settlement of $660,000,000 in 2007 for 508 victims of sexual abuse. Other Archdiocese are going bankrupt. But, where are the arrests, perp walks, criminal trials, and sentencing?

A fitting punishment would be to take all pedophile priests, put them inside a giant Church, walk and tie a chain around the Church while pouring gasoline, then light a match and enjoy the BBQ.

You're forgetting this is a hypothetical in which my rules would be enforced.

By my law that asshole would literally be raped to death.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What if you break in and enter your nation's capitol building? Should the punishment be you have to found your own country, get a system of government, and then have protestors break into your capitol building?

I'm happy for you OP. I wish I could be as high as you are right now.
In such a case happens where followers of a giant orange faced idiot decide to rush the Capitol building......you will either be shot(after numerous warnings,rubber bullets,and tear gas was used first)or arrested then imprisoned and fined a hefty fee.

Yes I'm high no need to be jealous bruh.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Are Biden and Harris likely to abolish the death penalty during their White House term? I seem to remember reading that they favour ending it and I imagine most Democrats in Congress would favour that unless your a Conservative Democrat like Joe Manchin but wondered if they can actually pull it off given the whole states rights thing and a conservative supreme court.

The death penalty seems to have come up a lot recently, with Trump approving a high number of death row inmates and there was even a rumour going about last week that Britain's Home Secretary was looking to bringing it back in the UK (although I highly doubt that would be possible given all the legislation they would need to tweak).
I can't see Biden doing it, he's as conservative a Democrat as it gets (says he'd veto healthcare for all, and is onboard with the current "Great Reset" happening in the economy).

When Kamala becomes president, I can't see her doing it either, she was pretty harsh as a prosecutor in California. Pretty sure they will invoke the 25th Amendment and send Biden into retirement before the 4 years is up, his cognitive functions are already questionable...

·
Premium Member
17,381 Posts
Imagine asking a rape victim to pick on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad they were raped so you could apply the same level to the criminal.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts