Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Afghanistan got remarkably close. If only they had some more mental edge, they could've got there. Huge improvement after the England pasting.

Pumped for England/Australia at Lord's on Tuesday.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hello people have saying that New Zealand are actually doing well. I think they are consistent but have no special players , that can do the magic when needed.

Some cricket teams are boring but consistent , but other like Pakistan are unpredictable and that is why i think people keep watching .

Pakistan are doing similar to when they won 1992 World Cup , so history could repeat it self.

Yours

Farhan

·
Steady as she goes
5,262 Posts
Neither.

Australia will win like always, they peak for the tournament and are winners. They're better than both teams as well.
They were not winners today. That was absolutely emphatic. New Zealand have their work cut out

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hello I think it is good that channel 4 have the final live across their channels .

09:00 the coverage starts until 13:15 when it moves to More4 to accommodate the British Grand Prix. Once the Grand Prix is over it will go back to channel 4 until the end.

I am assuming they will be using official ICC commentary for the final and have their own presenter and experts before during the break and the end of play.

Yours

Farhan

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,692 Posts
This England game is so close! It's tense as fck , come on butler and stokes! Well done Lewis Hamilton too!

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
I think the game should have been tied personally, but I'd take the win. Happy days.

Reactions: Ace

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,407 Posts
Congratulations to England.

New Zealand got robbed. Not taking anything away from England. It was a fantastic effort but some wrong decisions certainly influenced the result.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hello as England fan I think the team were lucky to win against New Zealand . That accidental extra 4 which went of Stokes bat was very lucky .

I thought the bowling by both sides was good at times .

The decision in the super over to go with consistent batsmen for England and not a big hitter like Jason Roy was risky.

I would have got with a big hitter with a big strike rate at 1st then either Stokes or Butler at the same time then other Stokes or Butler at 3.

Archer blowing at end was risky so I would have gone with more experienced blower .

But England wining at home and on Channel 4 will inspire more kids to get in to cricket, rather than just being on sky sports .

Yours

Farhan

·
14,525 Posts
Final was the Ben Stokes redemption tour and boy did he redeem himself after the T20 World Cup final vs Windies.

England were pretty lucky to win it. But fuck it. You take whatever you get.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,692 Posts
Woah I've never felt such intensity when it went to the super over Ben Stokes is world class and Jos Buttler too , new zelands bowling attack is great too , if they had better batters but hey Englands Won and I felt the whole Street scream yesss!!! Finally we win at limited 50 overs cricket .

Time to open the champagne !!!

Peace.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Although i do not agree with that stupid boundary count rule after Superover got tied and felt New Zealand got hard done by but congratulations to England , they were best team in one day cricket for the last few years and this title is a reward for that.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I've been watching cricket (primarily England) for the past couple of years (a couple months before the last Ashes). That was the best ODI I have ever seen.

Reactions: Carter84

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts
I've been watching cricket (primarily England) for the past couple of years (a couple months before the last Ashes). That was the best ODI I have ever seen.
I've been watching cricket since the 1987 world cup and I can tell u this is the greatest ODI since then so probably ever. Incredible game of cricket all around.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts