Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Post McMahon Era
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Source: Rajah.com

Prior to the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, WWE's creative department were reportedly told to develop a new idea for a 'gimmicked' cage. Company officials feel the Hell in a Cell Match has run its course and a new type of cage match is needed to draw increased revenue for pay-per-view events.

Personally, I'd love to see the return of the Triple Cage.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Hell in a Cell hasn't run it's course, far from it. Just it can't work with the current product. Will be interesting to see what they can come up with, aside from standard Cage and the Elimination Chamber i'm wondering what creative can think of.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
there's really no point, unless they plan to amp the scales a bit on the violence.

any match with a cage now is really just a normal match with impaired vision.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
They don't need a new idea, they just need to use the cage properly, in other words, use it as a barrier to keep the wrestlers in rather than having the bullshit escare the cae stipulation. Oh, and bring back Wargames :D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Meh, HIAC nowadays is just a cage match with weapons and isn't as brutal as it used to be.I'm all for a new type of cage match.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
I like the idea of a Triple Cage as a yearly event. It'd be awesome.

It's not like the WWE is as PG as it was even two months ago, blood is no longer regulated and not shown on TV, including matches continuing even when blood is present.

Add that to the overall production and presentation and it's clear that be it a coincedence or not, the PG landscape has changed a bit in the last few months.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I just got a good laugh from this. If they want a new gimmick match they one sitting in the vault collecting dust.

ITS CALLED WAR GAMES.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
The main attraction has always been the roof.

Its a normal match without it.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
i agree with the guy who said Triple cage but i the premise kinda has that Russo/Atlanta Stank on it

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I just got a good laugh from this. If they want a new gimmick match they one sitting in the vault collecting dust.

ITS CALLED WAR GAMES.
Agreed. How they've had 9 years to do it and have left it on the shelf is beyond me.

Of course, adding War Games to Bragging Rights and Survivor Series you end up spending 1/3 of the year on team-based PPVs, which is two PPVs too many in that regard.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Can someone please explain War Games?
The WarGames match consisted of two teams of either four or five men each facing off with each other in staggered entry format.

The setup of the cage consisted of two rings side by side with a giant ring-encompassing cage that covered both rings, but not the ringside area. Doors were placed at far corners of the rectangular cage so the two teams didn't come into contact before they were supposed to.

The match began with one member of each team entering the cage. After five minutes, a member from one of the teams (usually determined by a coin toss, but has also been determined by a match or by a contest such as a arm wrestling match, a live fan poll, etc.) would enter the cage, giving his team the temporary handicap advantage. After two minutes, a member from the other team would enter to even the odds. Entrants alternated between teams every two minutes, giving the coin toss-winning team the temporary advantage in the numbers game before giving the other team the advantage with the freshest man and even odds.

Once all eight or ten men (depending on team size) had entered the cage, what was referred to as "the match beyond" began. Both teams would brawl in the cage for as long as it took until a member of either team submitted, surrendered, or was knocked unconscious. There was no pinfall and no disqualification, which often led to brutal and bloody confrontations.

I am all for bringing back War Games. It was a fantastic format.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts