Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really mean "create a variation of the Rock or Stone Cold." I mean create your own character that would easily be capable of reaching that level of iconicness in today's market and also describe how your character would be able to achieve that. And how would that character help TNA in the way that the Rock and Stone Cold helped the WWF/WWE?

What would you have that character do? What would you have him say? What quotes would tend to come from that character?

Also, describe the type of performer that would be needed for that character and the traits that would be required of that performer.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
I'll go with what I said on the TNA hero thread. Either Mr Anderson or Matt Morgan would be my pick.

Mr Anderson has all the tools to reaching such a height. Mic Skills, Charisma, fan interaction as well as ring skills. He also has his own catchphrase and if booked a little harder, he could be that guy.

Matt Morgan, has the tools too. But the way he's booked now is all wrong. He seems to job in matches a lot and despite his size, is booked way too lightly. As I said before, push him as strong as Goldberg and TNA could have their very own Goldberg.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Stone Cold Ken Anderson.

The Peoples Champ, The Pope.

Two of the guys in TNA that I think are somewhat, in very tiny aspects similar, but not a fraction close in popularity.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I've always thought that The Pope and Desmond Wolfe should be TNA's version of the Rock vs Stone Cold. Or Rock vs Triple H

I think these two guys should always be crossing each other's paths. They should be feuding from Mid-Card Level to Main Event.

I'd like to see these guys engage in a long feud and do a double turn twice within the course of the feud.

I'd also like to see Pope beat A.J. for the TV title and that could be a reason to start a feud with Desmond.

Of course, this is all dependent on Desmond Wolfe's health.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If AJ developed a more badass attitude he could be the next huge babyface Stone Cold.

Desmond Wolfe also works as a good Triple H heel character

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I'm going to side with the others who say pope/anderson. It is no coincidence they are in the spot that they are in, they are big time talents, and really head and shoulders above everyone else (as far as the TNA originals/other not as famous guys crowd is concerned)

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I feel TNA already has that with The Pope and Mr. Anderson. Shitty booking and the lack of consistency has hurt TNA in the long haul. Styles, Morgan, Hardy, and Angle could and should play all leading roles in TNA.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Matt Morgan, Ken Anderson, The Pope and AJ/Joe should be the main players before 2012. They all have huge potential, more than they're showing currently and could easily be the next generation of icons in the business. In ten years time, if booked correctly they'll be the Stings, the HBK's, the British Bulldogs of this generation - legends.

·
8,232 Posts
"You wanna get it on? You wanna get this on with me? You must be outta your mind. Ima make you humble kid! Ima bust you up on the inside. Ima make you hurt like you've never hurt before!" - SAMOE MOTHERFUCKING JOE!

Fucking EPIC.

I miss that Joe. It saddens me that he's not being pushed to the moon. He needs to get his fat ass back into shape and be the badass to "save TNA."

Joe is that moneymaker for TNA. He's a proven draw being in the main events of some of the highest buyrates.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah Pope will be "the Rock" of TNA, drawing piss poor ratings and barely getting 1,000 people for a house show with his name on it, all that totally reminds me of how the Pope and Rock are so similar.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For those saying we already have those characters in Pope and Anderson, besides (obviously) booking on TNA's side of the equation, what areas do you think they themselves each need to improve on to reach that level?

Yeah Pope will be "the Rock" of TNA, drawing piss poor ratings and barely getting 1,000 people for a house show with his name on it, all that totally reminds me of how the Pope and Rock are so similar.
What key areas do you think Pope needs to improve on to draw at the Rock's level?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I don't see any Rocks or Austins in TNA tbh, maybe guys a step lower such as Anderson, Pope, Wolfe, Roode and to some extent Joe and AJ but nobody comes close to those two in wrestling currently, be it TNA or WWE.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
With the current booking, we are NEVER going to get a Rock or Stone Cold out of TNA.

It could have been Joe, Pope, Anderson, either members of Beer Money or MCMG, even freakin' Robbie in due time.

But none of them are gonna make it big if TNA can't get their act together.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't see any Rocks or Austins in TNA tbh, maybe guys a step lower such as Anderson, Pope, Wolfe, Roode and to some extent Joe and AJ but nobody comes close to those two in wrestling currently, be it TNA or WWE.
What are key things you think set Rock and Stone Cold apart from the likes of Pope, Wolfe, Anderson and Joe?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Anderson is much more like The Rock than The Pope. Anderson oozes charisma like The Rock did, the Pope has charisma, but he is just a rip off of The Rock.

Anderson and The Rock are both pretty shitty faces that have no substance in their face promos, but as heels are awesome.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
What are key things you think set Rock and Stone Cold apart from the likes of Pope, Wolfe, Anderson and Joe?
They had the "it" to be the greatest wrestlers ever, basically they had the best mic skills and most charisma in wrestling. While all these guys are good, I simply don't see them ever coming near SCSA and Rock, even if TNA was WWE sized and would be megapushing those guys I doubt they could become household names.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts