Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the major criticisms of today's product is that almost every wrestler has no direction or long term plans.

But if your were given the opportunity to create a long term roadmap for your favorite wrestler what would that look like? I am talking a realistic plan based on the current environment not something absurd or ridiculous.

I am assuming WM 34 as the end point for this exercise. So what would your wrestler do this fall, Survivor series, Rumble and finally at Mania?

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
I'll go with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Win the tag titles at SummerSlam, defend them against Sheamus & Cesaro at No Mercy, defend them in a stip match against the still unbroken Hardy Boyz at TLC, be part of a traditional Survivor Series match, then at some point in December/January, have Ambrose turn on Rollins and cost them the tag titles to The Revival. Massive brawl during the Royal Rumble match. Gonna have to get creative to not have them face each other before WrestleMania, but pepper in a bunch of back-and-forth attacks in the meantime. Maybe culminate in a Last Man Standing match at Mania?

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,671 Posts
Brock Lesnar/AJ Styles/Dean Ambrose: HHH helps Reigns win the Universal title match at Summerslam, to solidify Reigns' position as the FOTC (the Authority was created to eventually put over Reigns in the first place, and the WM32 main event was rigged so that Reigns would win), and to force Lesnar to leave WWE so that the company won't have to pay the rest of his contract, relieving Vince from panicking in the face of declining interests, stopping him from reconsidering the FOTC. Lesnar is furious because even though he had considered the possibility of losing (if that happens he'll just return to UFC), he didn't want to be screwed and leave under other people's terms, but he had to leave nonetheless as he promised. Throughout the fall, Reigns goes over Strowman and Joe, two behemoths he's never beaten clean 1-on-1, with the help of HHH and his goons. Lesnar makes a surprise return at Rumble, as Shane had signed him to SD as part of the ongoing power struggle between him and HHH. Lesnar wins the Rumble and challenges Reigns' Universal title. At WM34, Reigns defeats Lesnar and advances into a Champion vs. Champion match against Styles or Ambrose (Shane's representative and the new WWE Champion, winning the WWE title match at WM as a challenger) to decide the control of the company. Styles or Ambrose wins, and the control of the company goes to Shane (at least for several months).

·
Banned
863 Posts
I'll go with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Win the tag titles at SummerSlam, defend them against Sheamus & Cesaro at No Mercy, defend them in a stip match against the still unbroken Hardy Boyz at TLC, be part of a traditional Survivor Series match, then at some point in December/January, have Ambrose turn on Rollins and cost them the tag titles to The Revival. Massive brawl during the Royal Rumble match. Gonna have to get creative to not have them face each other before WrestleMania, but pepper in a bunch of back-and-forth attacks in the meantime. Maybe culminate in a Last Man Standing match at Mania?
Ambrose "hurts" Rollins in a sadistic way during a brawl post Rumble.The "injury" adds blood to the feud, make people cheer Rollins even more and makes heel Ambrose more arrogant so when Rollins returns from the "injury" people are more happy to see Rollins kicking Ambrose's ass.
I know it's something that has already happened during the last RTWM but it's an idea. :justsayin

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Ambrose "hurts" Rollins in a sadistic way during a brawl post Rumble.The "injury" adds blood to the feud, make people cheer Rollins even more and makes heel Ambrose more arrogant so when Rollins returns from the "injury" people are more happy to see Rollins kicking Ambrose's ass.
I know it's something that has already happened during the last RTWM but it's an idea. :justsayin
I thought about doing an injury angle, but they just did one this year with Seth, so it would kind of feel like a rehash.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,892 Posts
Bray Wyatt losses clean to Finn at Summer Slam prompting hundreds of "get rid of Bray, Bray Is done threads" on WF.

Greenlawler tells these shills they are wrong repeatedly

He disappears until Halloween week.

During the main event of Raw on Oct 30th Roman vs Joe.

Bray's video hits. He says "we're here". Erick Rowan, and Bray attack both men....

Roman and Joe fight back.

Lights go out....Otis Dozovich enters and helps Bray and Erick

Takes a while but Joe and Roman get the advantage again....until the lights go out again and Killian Dane appears.

Seth and Dean come out. It's a Shield reunion! And it's a slobberknocker....good guys start to win but lights go out again...

Like Harper is in the ring and the 5 member strong "cult" stands strong.

The WWE actually gets behind a stable and the Wyatt's are the dominating heels they should have been from day one.

That is until Eric Young joins the group in a surprise WM moment which helps Bray win the world title again.

At some point EY betrays Bray and Bray becomes the character babyface he was destined to be winning a couple of world titles and having an IC run or two as the good guy.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
baron corbin

first have him do a sit down interview with saxton, jbl or Phillips. hes talking about just kayfabe stuff like winning the money in the bank and the andre when the interviewer asks "so you call yourself the lone wolf, why that title" baron looks visibly distressed for a brief moment before the emotion turns to anger and the interview is forcibly stopped

the next week bryan says corbin hasn't come to the arena, and we see a vignette of him walking through his own house
he picks up a picture of him at a 16 year old, with boxing gear on (play into his boxing background) then sees a tape behind saying barons 15th birthday, vignette ends

the next week another vignette, this time baron puts the tape into a tv and it shows his birthday party, with a fair few friends around him and him seeming genuinely happy, making the audience wonder what happened to all these friends of his
corbin then calls Daniel bryan and says in a rather abrupt and forceful manner that hes ready to finish his interview

the next week corbins interviewed by renee young, this time looking visibly stressed as if he hasnt slept for a few days, quite an erratic look. he goes into detail about how he was a popular kid, a class clown who maybe thought he was a bit too big for his boots
he engaged in some petty crime as a kid, drinking smoking vandalism and shoplifting, all to fit in with this group who all thought themselves as little tough guys
one night that all changed

a group of older lads approached the boys in an aggressive manner, with baron as the loudest of the bunch being the first one to argue back. when he stepped up to fight them however he turned around to see all his mates had ran away and in turn got beaten to within an inch of his life
*at this point hes leaned forward in his chair, cold and emotionless, renee looks clearly panicked*

from that day on he turned his back on friends because when he needed them the most they let him badly down
he joined a boxing gym and dedicated his time to learning how to fight so hed never get beaten up again
he then says when he started wrestling he thought he'd put the boxing side of him away but that was a mistake, now it should come back out
hes shouting at this point, renee gets up and he starts walking towards her, she quickly leaves

next few weeks we have vignettes of corbin in a boxing gym, skipping, working the pads and the bag and sparring

when he returns he incorporates more of the boxing style into his wrestling

bingo, some good quality character development

·
Registered
112 Posts
Post SS.Alexa comes out on Raw claims shes best wrestler, squashes Sasha. Next week she comes out is confronted by Bayley. She beats Bayley with the help of Nia. Bliss and Nia form a true stable and help the other win matches.

They play up all social media of them driving together and being friends.

One Raw they stop at the apartment complex of Bayley to bully her. Only problem is it is not Bayleys apartment, it is klookings. Angered Nia holds my legs down while Sasha sits on my face.

The next week they confront Bayley, and they have a tag match against two of the horsewomen

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Bray Wyatt losses clean to Finn at Summer Slam prompting hundreds of "get rid of Bray, Bray Is done threads" on WF.

Greenlawler tells these shills they are wrong repeatedly

He disappears until Halloween week.

During the main event of Raw on Oct 30th Roman vs Joe.

Bray's video hits. He says "we're here". Erick Rowan, and Bray attack both men....

Roman and Joe fight back.

Lights go out....Otis Dozovich enters and helps Bray and Erick

Takes a while but Joe and Roman get the advantage again....until the lights go out again and Killian Dane appears.

Seth and Dean come out. It's a Shield reunion! And it's a slobberknocker....good guys start to win but lights go out again...

Like Harper is in the ring and the 5 member strong "cult" stands strong.

The WWE actually gets behind a stable and the Wyatt's are the dominating heels they should have been from day one.

That is until Eric Young joins the group in a surprise WM moment which helps Bray win the world title again.

At some point EY betrays Bray and Bray becomes the character babyface he was destined to be winning a couple of world titles and having an IC run or two as the good guy.
Holy shit Bray Wyatt still has another fan left.

Bray Wyatt has the kind of character where good booking and with the right people with him, can instantly make him a threat, despite the way he's been used...

Still watch they didn't use him like shit. A lot of people blame him, and some are even calling him a bad promo, which I know is subjective, but imo that's just not right.

Glad to see bad booking not deterring you from being a fan of his. Since I think he's great.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
New Day mark. This is fantasy booking obviously.

I'd somehow someway keep New Day together until SS (MITB would work best but this is for the sake of the thread) have some big match where one of the members of the New Day manage to win the world title, and have them freebird the title.

For weeks and on PPV, I'd have the New Day pick a random member to "defend the title," and when that member is defeated I'd have one of the other members say something like "You be Kofi Kingston, but tonight Kofi Kingston is not the World Champion," and just pull heelish stuff to keep the world title.

At WM have them face a really popular face, and have that face beat all 3 members one after the other, cause I believe the pop said wrestler would get beating all 3 members of the New Day in a row would be great.

Obviously this is just fun fantasy booking lol.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I like this, and actually think it's a possible booking plan, provided of course that Ambrose turns heel and not Rollins (he can turn heel in mid 2018 after their feud). Though I would just have a regular singles or a street fight for the two at WM then a bigger gimmick match at Payback a month later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.