Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, this isn't about gimmicks so don't mention Mick Foley's alter egos, this is about Wrestlers who are crazy or insane in real life and Foley seems perfectly sane to me even though his head took alot of chairshots and other nasty stuff.

I'm going to start with an obvious one: Benoit. He killed his wife and his son and apparently he had the brain of a 86 year old man.

Ultimate Warrior is another obvious one, the character was insane and so is the man, have you ever visited his blog? He talks about punching supporters of the Demcoratic Party in the face and things like that.

Didn't New Jack stab another worker in the middle of a match? I remember reading that and it was terrifying as hell :shocked:

Iron Sheik and Randy Savage seem kinda crazy to me, Iron Sheik for his youtube rants on Hulk Hogan and Savage for his overprotection of Miss Elizabeth and his shoot interviews and rap album dissing Hogan and Triple H.

And who could forget Haku? Sure, Bret says that he was a nice guy but when he got angry... YIKES!

But the thing is, Benoit, Haku Warrior and New Jack just come off as total lunatics to me, I'd be affraid to get close to any of them, okay not Benoit since he's dead but you get the idea. But Savage jsut seems like a crazy guy who you could have a pretty entertaining covnersation with, Savage doesn't come off as someone dangerous to me.

Do you agree? Are there anymore crazy/insane wrestlers you can think of?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
New Jack wins this thread by a mile. That man needs to be locked in a closet forever.

Furthermore, at the risk of starting the same shitstorm debate that's been going on for the last 3 years and will likely continue forever, I don't believe it's at all fair to classify Chris Benoit as "crazy." Yes, we are all aware of his atrocious acts, but what he did was caused by steroid abuse rotting his brain to the point of being an 80 year old Alzheimer's patient. Benoit didn't have control over what he was doing, which is probably why he killed himself after he killed his wife and son in a fit of steroid-induced rage. Benoit was unanimously considered by his peers to be a good man. He certainly didn't die that way, but the events that led to his death were the fault of Vince McMahon and not Chris Benoit, and that's all I'm going to say about that topic.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
New Jack wins this thread by a mile. That man needs to be locked in a closet forever.
This....New Jack is fucking insane. I mean if I was an ECW wrestler I would do anything I can to not be in a match with New Jack let alone worry about saying the wrong thing in front of him. He's the kind of person who looks like if you did something to him in a match you just risk getting punished even more by him. Mostly his matches were like this.

New Jack: You job and I beat you up.
Jobber: Why?
New Jack: Because if you don't I'll kill you.
Jobber: okay yes sir I'll do what ever you say.

Now I'm sure there were guys like Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, etc that can take a New Jack beating. Hell the Dudley Boys took them mostly. But if you remember the Mass Transit Incident, that kind of proved that nobody is safe from New Jack. Granted the guy wasn't even a trained wrestler and I wouldn't have expected him to do anything either way....but I mean getting put in the ring with New Jack is like being thrown to the lions. You pretty much risk a chance of getting seriously hurt.

So yeah New Jack wins the Crazy/Insane Wrestler thread

·
Registered
813 Posts
Uh, I'm going to go ahead and say Invader #1, since, you know... he killed another wrestler over backstage politics.

I don't care how crazy New Jack is, he never waited for another wrestler in the locker room with a knife. And then killed him.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
And who could forget Haku? Sure, Bret says that he was a nice guy but when he got angry... YIKES!
Since when was Haku/Meng known as a nutter? Don't get me wrong he looks like the toughest mofo going around but I thought he was generally regarded a nice guy.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I've met the Iron Shiek before, and there was only two ways to describe him that night. Crazy and drunk.

·
Registered
400 Posts

Furthermore, at the risk of starting the same shitstorm debate that's been going on for the last 3 years and will likely continue forever, I don't believe it's at all fair to classify Chris Benoit as "crazy." Yes, we are all aware of his atrocious acts, but what he did was caused by steroid abuse rotting his brain to the point of being an 80 year old Alzheimer's patient. Benoit didn't have control over what he was doing, which is probably why he killed himself after he killed his wife and son in a fit of steroid-induced rage. Benoit was unanimously considered by his peers to be a good man. He certainly didn't die that way, but the events that led to his death were the fault of Vince McMahon and not Chris Benoit, and that's all I'm going to say about that topic.
He killed himself because he realized what he had done and he was too pussy to come clean about it.
Back on topic, I've met New Jack several times at indy shows and he's a cool, chill guy suprisingly.

·
Registered
560 Posts

Ya lets blame vince McMahon for everything bad that happens and then not give him credit for anything. Vince Mcmahon did not make Chris Beniot take steroids, Chris Beniot also competed for most of his career outside the WWE so Shut up with that Mcmcahon killed him.

anyways, I'd have to say Sabu lol. that guy is a nut with all the shit he did and injuries he compiled and is still willing to do it as long as he gets paid.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts

Don't see how it' VKM's fault alone tbh, but I agree with the rest of this post.

But you could argue that anyone who wants to be a wrestler, even just for a split second (myself included) is pretty fucking crazy.

EDIT for Tarfu: Yeah, might as well include London. Lol

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Paul London takes this as there is no contest whatsoever. Whether it's his out-of-this world stoner moments or him taking a sick life-threatening bump, this guy is as crazy as they come. Which is why I love him.

Watch this, then quietly edit your post and add London there, otherwise it does no justice to this thread.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I was gonna post Paul London but Tarfu beat me to it. But I think he's the good kind of crazy, he wouldn't harm anyone but himself.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
New Jack is the craziest IMO

Just to mention someone new: Damien Demento seems like a nutball to me.

Reactions: lic05

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I've always imagined Sabu to be a complete nutjob in real life. Can't place a finger on it why, he just has the look I guess.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts