Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of thoughts that occured to me recently and I'm intrigued:

If WWE signed a male superstar with no prior wrestling experience and was say, a former Calvin Klein boxers model, would he cop as much disdan and hate as the likes of Alicia Fox?

Some people have a blind spot when it comes to Kharma ("fuck the others, I wanna see her" etc), yet are the first people to hate on Big Show, Henry or any of the large guys? No denying Kharma's talent -her legacy speaks for itself - but as she's so much bigger than the others, even Beth, that realistically they'll just make her a female Ryback

I realise this will result in major red reps and lots of :banplz: and :gun:

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Why would any of us like a Calvin Klein boxers model with no wrestling experience who has been signed probably based on his look rather than wrestling ability? It'd just be stupid.

We don't hate on Big Show because of his size, it's because he's boring as fuck. As a heel (I imagine he's in this position due to Henry being injured and Lesnar's schedule) he isn't too bad but he's been face and heel so many times I just don't care. Everybody likes Mark Henry, ratings machine, he changed it up and his heel run was refreshing and one of the best things about 2011.

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
The first point, I think he'd get even more hate, as some people have accepted the divas as being only eye candy, whil the male division should be for people who can wrestle.

On the second point, I actually like both Henry and Ryback, and my problem with show is not his size. My problem with Show is how boring and redundant he is.

For example, if you compare Kharma and Big Show's finishers. Kharma's is a dominant slam that shows of her strength. Big Show is either a punch, or a spear (which he can't do properly)

Also, if you compare Big Show walking to the ring with Kharma when she was at the rumble, she has so much more purpose about her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts