Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
After we just witnessed a five month title reign with Kane, it is definitely possible.
This. Hell, I'd go one step further and say I'd welcome it.

Actually, nevermind.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
I honestly don't know. I can see it, though. As has already been said, if the once nearly completely irrelevant Kane could be resurrected and be given a dominant five-month reign--during the height of the Youth Movement, no less (at least on Raw... ahem), then one last Big Show world title reign is more than possible.

I could see how such a reign could conceivably be beneficial. Big Show could reign for a good four, five months himself before he retires. And then some young buck like a Drew McIntyre or somebody on that order takes him down.

Who am I kidding, they'd just reroute the title back onto Edge.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i dont think he will, but it would be nice to see. its ludicrous to think he hasent had it in years, i mean you mean to tell me a 7Ft 400 plus pound giant cant win a world title belt. jeez.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
he could but it would be boring as shit. His ECW title run was his last true hurrah IMO

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
I wouldn't mind it at all. I think Show is a guy who is pretty underrated, and in a time where title changes occur extremely frequently, I could definitely see him getting one last reign under his belt. It could be a good way to get a young guy over as well, regardless of whether he's face or (preferably) a heel. You beat a guy who has dominated the roster for about five or six months as world champion, and you're suddenly looking very good yourself. I'd take it over a reign from Edge or Kane any day.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If he plans to stick around for a bit still then he kind of needs to win the title. He was once one of the most dominant figures in wrestling but now just seems content being a humorous good doer with really bad promos. He defiantly still has the credibility to win a title match on any given day. Even though I don't like him I do think he should get the title if he plans to stick around in the ring for a few more years.

·
New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,440 Posts
With how rough SD! looks it's possible. Just as long as Edge doesn't become
an eleven time champion in the process. Ten titles in four years? His reigns are getting out of hand tbh.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
im not gonna discurage it for the following reasons :

As a send off i can see it happen.

if any other Me's get injured , it can happen.

Creative fucks up , it can happen.

do i want him to ?

No, he doesnt need it, he should help others get over instead of him going over. Selfish over grown turd :no:

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
No. He's not funny and nobody likes him.

Seriously though, i've always thought he was heavily overrated and the only reason he's ever got anywhere was because of his size.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I like the guy and can definitely see him getting a farewell run (though a few character tweaks would be in order, no more Big Friendly Giant), but unfortunately I struggle to take him seriously after the verbal mauling he received from Punk.

·
Asuka
96,367 Posts
No. He's not funny and nobody likes him.

Seriously though, i've always thought he was heavily overrated and the only reason he's ever got anywhere was because of his size.
I'm as annoyed with Big Show as anyone but that's not entirely fair. Big Show has a great deal of charisma and he's pretty good on the mic, and perhaps if he wasn't born with Acromegaly, the same size disorder as Andre that made him 6'2 by the time he was 12, he may have been able to shine as a normal worker. I guess we'll never know, but he has traits that are of definite use to any promotion. He's not just some useless big man like Heidenreich.

As far as Big Show's world title status, I CAN see it, but I think it's over for him as far as winning world titles goes. People will site Kane as an example of a very late push in his career as possible evidence for a last run, but the thing with Kane, and Chris Benoit, and Eddie Guerrero, and JBL, and all these other exceedingly late pushes, is they're "thank you reigns". "We appreciate all you've done for us, have the belt before you go". Big Show has won as many world titles as CM Punk, he's been thanked already, he doesn't need a last hurrah. Same reason why Shawn Michaels wasn't given one, it would have done nothing for him.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I hope he won't win the world title...because nobody would be able to take the title off him after he wins it, lol. I can't see it either, he seems comfortable with his current role, there's no need to change it. Not to mention that his reign will be full of boring matches, i really don't want to see that.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Turn Big Show heel and have him dominate Smackdown for 6 months, then enter Kofi Kingston 3 months into Big Shows reign, throw in a few triple threat matches to spice things up, and then after Kofi has struggled with Big Show for so long, have him finally win the title. Its not like Big Show is one of the real big names, so Kofi could go over him clean.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,103 Posts
Only if it's as a heel. I really can't stand him as a face.
I'd rather they just keep the belt off him in any case. He's most enjoyable as a dominant sidekick for a cocky/cowardly heel like with Jericho and Miz in late 09 and early 10.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts