Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like if they REALLY deserved it. Someone who broke into your house, threatened the safety of you and your family, maybe someone that tried to kill you. You catch them off-guard and have the opportunity to end their life, but you could always try to render them helpless instead, though it would require more effort and you would be taking a possibly unnecessary chance. Or you could call the police. Though you have to consider the possibility this person comes for you or your loved ones again in the future. But you could just reassure yourself and be absolutely certain of you and your family's safety by taking them out for good. Would you do it?

It's a tough decision. You would be taking a human life regardless of how much they had it coming. Some people say a part of yourself dies when you take a life. It is a karma you would no doubt have to live with the rest of your life.

I probably could, though I hope I never have to make this decision. But if someone threatens my loved ones, I would do what it takes to protect them. Up to and including killing them if necessary. Especially since Texas law gives me the right to under the example provided above.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty much what I mean. Not talking about vengeance or anything.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I suppose I could if the only options were me or them, or them or my family. however, I currently cannot think of a realistic scenario where there wouldn't be an alternative way out.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I always believe that I'd kill a person in a heartbeat when it comes to them harming myself or my family/friends. No hesitation. I have no patience or tolerance for certain people and situations, along with a nasty temper and explosive personality - so I really think I'd kill the person just as an angry reflex action without properly thinking it through. :eek:

It depends on the situation though. If I didn't have the means and ways to do it, I'd be a little more sensible and think of the consequences.

There would be no remorse there when it comes to taking that life though. I'd only be worried about myself and going to jail, not about killing the person.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
If I was put into a situation where someone was going to kill me and I had no other option than to kill them to stay alive, then I would do it. if someone was about to kill my mother or my fiancee or something like that, then if I killed them so be it but I think I would try and subdue them to the best of my ability and have the police take care of it from there.

I could never just kill someone because I wanted to, though.

·
Represent
1,387 Posts
I suppose I could if the only options were me or them, or them or my family. however, I currently cannot think of a realistic scenario where there wouldn't be an alternative way out.
No?

*Glass shatters
<You awaken startled, reach under your mattress and grab your loaded 9mm>
<Before you've even gotten both feet off the bed, a man busts in and all you see is the glint of moonlight off the barrel of his gun>
*Remember, this isn't just you; it's your wife and children in the house as well.

But anyway, yes of course I could for the right reasons. I am firmly against revoking someone else's existence from them though if it can be reasonably avoided.

But don't take my humility at face value, I would kill and end my own life to protect my children's. Without a second thought.

·
8,232 Posts
Could I? Yeah.

Would I? Nope, it goes against my personal morals. I would never kill anybody for any of those reason you mentioned, even if they tried to kill me. I'm not going to kill someone who's more than likely sick in the head, hopeless, or doesn't know any better. If I was in a position where I had to defend myself from being killed I'd just hurt the person to where they couldn't move and then call the cops or whatever. The only way I ever see myself killing someone was if they killed a loved one before my very eyes. Then I'd cut that motherfuckers head off, fack him in da ass, and make him HOOMBLE!~

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know, The Sheikuation™, not all murderous bastards are sick in the head. If that was the case, everyone would plead insanity by default when charged with murder.

·
8,232 Posts
Not saying that, just saying there's no reason to kill a person who could be a great person somewhere inside. If they're not sick in the head, they're confused. Any one of those guys can easily change and live to be a productive member of society. Unless of course you're a serial killer, then you're a piece of shit who deserves to die considering they have an undeveloped frontal lobe, thus not having a conscience, thus they'll always kill people.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Absolutly I could kill someone.

But it all depends on the situation. Does the guy have a weapon, do I have a weapon, what timeframe do I have. How big is he.
If the guy had a knife and made any types of threats or gestures. If I had a weapon I would shot. If I have time I shot him in the leg, if not then the bullet can go threw his head for all I care.
Most likely I would be unarmed in that scenario and with that I dont think I would kill him. Maybe by accident but not my goal.
I would never kill a unarmed man, no matter what types of threats he did. Not even if the guy had just killed a member of my family.

BUT thats what I atleast think. Its impossible to know. Your mind might snap when your put in that position, a overly sense of fear or anger can make you into something you thought didnt exist within you.
Even the most peacefull man can be capable of killing someone when put in a situation where fear and anger takes over you. No doubt about that.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
In a kill or be killed situation, yes, I think everybody would.

If I had time to think about it, probably not.

If they were trying to harm my family, depends on how realistic the harm was.

No matter what the situation, I'd talk my way out of it because I'm a law student and I know shit :D

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
The lack of LadyCroft in this thread is seriously disturbing.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
In a fight or flight situation, easily. A part from the normal situations, I would gladly kill a burglar because I'm jumpy about that shit.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts